Three of Us?

santosaidan

~3 Musketters~
Okay so as usual I own nothing. If I did Lauren would have never come into the picture! :P

Lets say this takes place near the end of Season 2, but don't get caught up in all the details. This story is meant to be fun, and sappy.

Hope you all like it. I dedicate it to my three buddies on the boards - the ones and onlys Miss Carolyn, Ash, and the Muse!
:happydance: :hug:

Sydney couldn’t believe what she had just heard. She knew that there was a chance that the results would end up that way but in all honesty Sydney had never let herself fully think that through. She had convinced herself that it had to be something else, anything else but that.

“So there are going to have to be some changes in your life Ms. Bristow.” The doctor was saying. Life was still moving around Sydney but in her mind all time was standing still.

“You have no idea.” Sydney thought as she looked at the smiling young doctor.

“I’m sorry but can you just repeat what you just told me. I just need to hear it one more time. I know that sounds silly.” Sydney said as she smoothed her hair behind her ear.

“No not really. A lot of people need to be told more than twice, people that are hoping for it and against it.” The doctor moved from behind her desk and sat in the chair across from Sydney. “You’re pregnant Sydney. I know that is a lot to take in right now. My advice is to take a little while and get used to the idea a day or two if you need to. You don’t need to have all the answers right this second.” The doctor took Syd’s had in hers and squeezed it. “Okay?”

“I don’t know if I would say that.” Syd responded.

“A lot of women who are expecting this result tend to work things up to be bigger and worse off than they really are. Take my advice. In a few days this will all seem real.”

“Uh huh.” Sydney said not really paying attention. She noticed her doctor’s mouth moving but she didn’t really hear what she was saying. She saw the doctor hand her a piece of paper and she took it. Glancing down she saw it was a prescription for prenatal vitamins. “Oh boy she thought.” Realizing that the appointment was ending she grabbed her purse and slipped the script inside.

“You know if you have any questions you can just call the office. This is an exciting, but stressful time for you Sydney, but take it slow. This isn’t a race.”

Sydney smiled at her doctor and thanked her all the while moving toward the door. She walked to reception ready to pay and leave. The girl behind the desk was young with red hair and a perky smile. She seemed young Sydney thought to herself.

“Okay Miss Bristow. That will be $10 for the co-pay and when will be a good time for your next visit?” She asked as she typed away on the computer bringing up a calendar.

“Next visit?” Sydney asked still in her dazed state.

“Yes silly. We’ll be seeing a lot of you for a while. You have to come in for regular check ups to make sure everything is okay with you and the little one.” The girl said looking up from her computer. “We should really see you back in two weeks three max to make sure everything is going fine and that you don’t need an adjustment in those vitamins you’ll be taking.”

“Oh of course. Wednesdays are good for me, mid afternoon?” Sydney said forcing herself to focus. “I just need to make it to my car.” She thought.

“Okay how about 2:30 in two weeks? Will that work?” The girl asked. Syd nodded and the girl wrote the information down on a card and handed it to Sydney. Syd grabbed it and started to turn away.

“Miss Bristow hold on a second there’s something else.”

“What else could there be?” Sydney asked herself. This was getting very complicated. She turned back to the girl to who had some papers and pamphlets in her hands.

“These are our standard new mommy handouts you could call them. Gives you all kinds of information about what’s going on now and what to expect in the coming months.” She said through a smile. “This is something else that we give to all mothers. It’s some information about some good counselors who deal with all the issues with pregnancy.”

“What would I need a counselor for?” Sydney asked the girl.

“Well there are lots of reasons. Some people get scared, some people think they’ll be horrible parents, and well, some people don’t know if they can or should have a baby. That’s what the counselors are there for. To help you talk through anything that may come up, you know, so you aren’t alone.”

“Oh. Thanks for the information. Anything else?”

“Nope. Just remember to get that prescription filled!”

Sydney smiled at the girl and walked away. She stuffed all the papers into her bag and headed out the door. She walked over to her car and leaned against it. How could this be happening? They were always careful. It had only been a few months ago that they had even started dating. What would Vaughn say, what would he do, and what was she going to do?

“Oh God.” Was all she could think. She pulled her keys out of her bag and got into her car. She dropped her bag on the passenger seat and looked at it. She put her hand in and pulled out some of the paper work the red head had given her. She sat alone in her car and just looked at the cover of one pamphlet. She didn’t even open it. Everyone on the cover was smiling. Even the babies. Syd had been an only child but she knew that wasn’t an accurate portrayal of the average baby, was it?

She put the pamphlet down and rummaged through her bag to find the prescription. She came across her cell phone and pulled it out. There were two messages. She scrolled to see who they were from. One was from Francie the other was from Vaughn.

“Oh God.” She thought again. “Now what did I tell him I was doing?” She asked herself again. “That’s right. I told him I was going to get a surprise for him.” She laughed. “Surprise!”

She knew that if she didn’t call him back soon he would get worried and start looking for her. So even though she wasn’t ready Sydney dialed the familiar number.

“Vaughn.”

She loved the sound of his voice.

“Hey it’s me.” She said leaning back against the car seat.

“Hey you. Where are you?” He asked. He had that happy tone in his voice. Like nothing was wrong, of course to him nothing was.

“I’m in the car.” At least that’s not a lie she thought.

“Okay, where is the car?” He asked laughing. “Everything is all right isn’t it Syd?”

“Of course it is. I just have to pick a few more things up. Is there anything you need while I’m out?” She thought this might make him stop asking where she was.

“No, I think I’m fine.”

“Okay. Well I’ll call you when I’m on my way home, okay? I shouldn’t be long.”

“Okay. Hey Syd?”

“Ya?”

“Lets do something this weekend. Just the two of us.”

“Okay. Sounds great.” With that she hung up the phone. “Just the three of us.” Sydney said as her hand fell gently to her stomach.

So what do you think?

santosaidan said:
Hope you all like it.  I dedicate it to my three buddies on the boards - the ones and onlys Miss Carolyn, Ash, and the Muse! :happydance:  :hug:
[post="1032820"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
A dedication, :blush: thanks!
I feel so special right now! :angelic:
That was so wonderful, very realistic! ;)
I love that, you know sometimes I get a overdose of fluffy-fluff! :rolleyes:
So it´s a nice alternation! ^_^
Thanks for da PM, Sam!
Hope you feeling better, I heard you are sick! (n)
I think you should wear a jacket too, not just your puppy! ;)

Muse

Ooh! Baby baby baby! I can't wait for the baby! :woot: Hehe!! I can't wait for Vaughn's reaction when Syd tells him he's gonna be a Daddikinz too!!! Teehee!!

Can I please get a PM when you update?? Can't wait for the next update!! ARGH!!!

berry_kyoote_spy88 said:
CUTE START!! post more soon!! and please ADD ME to your PM LIST!! :P :smiley:!!
[post="1032831"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thanks glad that you liked it! :smiley: Consider yourself on the list.

German Muse said:
A dedication, :blush:  thanks!
I feel so special right now!  :angelic:
That was so wonderful, very realistic!  ;) 
I love that, you know sometimes I get a overdose of fluffy-fluff!  :rolleyes:
So it´s a nice alternation!  ^_^
Thanks for da PM, Sam!
Hope you feeling better, I heard you are sick!  (n)
I think you should wear a jacket too, not just your puppy!  ;)

Muse
[post="1032995"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well thank you Muse. I was hoping you guys would enjoy it. I wanted to write something that had its base in fluff but that culd be stretched a little further. Who knows though - I just might slip into fluff mode. :angelic:

No problem for the PM. I'll put you on the list - even though I couldn't forget the Muse! :cool:

I am feeling better, thank you. I think yesterday was my peak of the bad cycle. I'm heading back to healthy - at least I hope so. And you're right it's time for me to be wearing a coat! I think the problem is I went for that walk after I rinsed out my color last week and I didn't dry my hair. :rolleyes: Oops. I'll be better next time.

;)

Cai said:
Ooh! Baby baby baby! I can't wait for the baby! :woot: Hehe!! I can't wait for Vaughn's reaction when Syd tells him he's gonna be a Daddikinz too!!! Teehee!!

Can I please get a PM when you update?? Can't wait for the next update!! ARGH!!!
[post="1033021"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Me too! I haven't figured out quite how that is going to go, but it'll come to me!

No problem. Consider yourself on the list. :lol:

sab-alias said:
I LOVE IT !!!!! it's a really cute start.

Please update soon....

Can I have a pm ?
Sabrina

:love:  :angel2:
[post="1033061"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I will probably update sometime late tonight, and of course Sabrina you can have a PM. :bye:

sexcivaughan14 said:
sam! sooooo cute! pm me!! ahh! that was adorable!:smiley:
[post="1033082"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'm glad you liked it. It's just a tad different from what I've been writing! :lol:

Hey how's the hair? The color must be almost gone by now. Now that mine has faded a little from the extra washing I've kind of become fond of it.
:angelic:

Syd_Vaughn 4ver said:
:woot: can i have a pm when you update??
I can't wait to hear what Vaughn's gonna say!!  ^_^
[post="1033155"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You and Sydney! :P Of course you can have a PM. It would be rude of me to say no. :smiley:

Okay so here is the PM list. Let me know if I copied anything incorrectly, if you want onto the list, or if you want off of it (n) .

berry_kyoote_spy88
syd8847
secret_agent_angel
Addicted 2 Alias
German Muse
Cai
sab-alias
sexcivaughan14
Syd_Vaughn 4ver

I'm going to try and post something by tonight, but I have to go to a meeting this afternoon an hour from my home so I'll be home late.

Back