Season 2 Through the looking glass

verdantheart said:
crazy spinster said:
are you saying that jack might be the person in rambaldi's prophecy? 

but what about rambaldi's drawing of the woman?  and didn't he refer to the person in his prophecy as a woman as well?
Not at all. If Sydney inherited the characteristics from Jack and not Irina, "the woman here depicted" would most definitely be Sydney and not Irina, because Irina is ruled out (not having the invisible physical signs).
;)
well we know it's a woman (yea) ^_^

Wow great read, there are certinally many different possibilities to explain what happened to Syd. In response to whether or not Allison Doren is still alive, very very unlikely. This is from the Alias page on IMDb.com
Merrin Dungey .... Francie Calfo (2001-2003)
2003 pertains to Season 2.. meaning Merrin won't be active on the show anymore. So the only way Allison would still be alive is if they found some way to rebuild the doubling lab and change her back, but I doubt it.

this is all so crazy but interesting! i get so wrapped up in this show and all the theories! All i can say is thank God I'm not Sydney because that were my life I would've cracked a looooooong time ago!

VH
I re-read some of the responses and I think I must have missed something in the first season...
What anomalies is "the woman here depicted" supposed to have? :confused:

Right as they're taking Sydney into custody from the party, Vaughn explains that the "unseen signs" (or something along those lines are (I looked it up and added it to my column):

1. Platelet count
2. Heart size
3. DNA sequence

Thanks!!
I can't believe I missed that...oh well and I watched all of the episodes. I guess I really didn't get into it until Irina showed up in person. Poor Jack, what a year! :rolleyes:
P.S. I just finished your spy dad year end column too. See there for my appraisal/approval... :cool:

Last night I was watching the movie The Recruit. There is a part when Al Pacino says to Collin Farrell, "Welcome to the looking glass, where nothing is as it appears." Of course, I immediately thought of Alias. I can't help but to the think that "looking glass" is the key to this whole mystery.

VaughnFan13 said:
kate_jones said:
Dare I even ask whether you think Vaughn is married and to whom? I've already seen pages desperately debating this subject even though I haven't been able to spend much time at the site . . .
the ring could just be an engagement ring...he might not be married..if he is married tho, it'll probably be to Alice (grrr...)

I'm pretty sure Francie's dead cuz didnt jj cut her from the cast because they needed to save money? if that wasnt the case, then i'd think she was still alive
i know he is married to someone else read muh story to see what i thinks happens

Always and Forever

I added a thought to my analysis regarding the "apocalyptic event" predicted by Rambaldi in the heart MS (Countdown). (Its about the 5th para above the big hidden spec, if you're interested.)

Actually, maybe I'd better post it here as well:

Apocalyptic events . . . Remember the event foretold by Rambaldi? The one that coincided with a) the CIA/NSA's recovery of the Di Regno heart and Sloane's revelation concerning a Rambaldi manuscript? Which was the apocalyptic event? Both were part of the same apocalyptic event. Sloane re-upped to the Rambaldi obsession at this time, turning his path back toward, one guesses, conquest and power. Meanwhile, the NSA's control of the heart a) delayed Irina's control of it, allowing Sloane to come back into the game and b) caused Irina to look for a way to force the heart into the open, where it was hijacked along with Jack. And I think that the fact that Jack was taken with the heart may turn out to be one of the most critical of all the pieces of this puzzle. Everyone seems to assume that Sydney's "burning anger" will probably have something to do with Vaughn--but I think it's more likely that it will have something to do with her long-suffering father. (If my insane spec below holds water, it would tend to back up this interpretation . . .)
;)

verdantheart said:
Everyone seems to assume that Sydney's "burning anger" will probably have something to do with Vaughn--but I think it's more likely that it will have something to do with her long-suffering father.
I think you're right. especially since in the alias:declassified book jj abrams stresses that the main theme is about a daughter and her dysfunctional relationship with her father.

:eek: Could be, especially if he is with Sloane at the beginning of the new season. :rolleyes:
(and the relationship with her mother is a bit dicey too, but probably not as meaningful as with her Dad, especially since he knew about Danny's upcoming demise...that could still be in the back of her mind--even tho' he tried to get him out of the country)
:cool:

lenafan said:
:eek: Could be, especially if he is with Sloane at the beginning of the new season. :rolleyes:
(and the relationship with her mother is a bit dicey too, but probably not as meaningful as with her Dad, especially since he knew about Danny's upcoming demise...that could still be in the back of her mind--even tho' he tried to get him out of the country)
Also, it might not be that she's angry at him, but angry over something done to him. With Sydney, either scenario is possible.
;)

verdantheart Posted on Jun 19 2003, 06:39 PM
Also, it might not be that she's angry at him, but angry over something done to him. With Sydney, either scenario is possible.

Very possible. Sydney's as emotional as Jack is not.

How about this scenario...Do you think Sloane might have "recruited" Jack either by smooth talking or by force to work with him, for him...especially if Jack couldn't find her or find out what happened to her?

lenafan said:
How about this scenario...Do you think Sloane might have "recruited" Jack either by smooth talking or by force to work with him, for him...especially if Jack couldn't find her or find out what happened to her?

I think it would be more along the lines of a business deal. Sloane could offer Jack the resources for his search that the CIA was no longer willing to provide him. Of course, Sloane wants something in return for this "favor" . . . It's a little bit more like coercion than smooth-talking because Jack will only turn to Sloane when he runs out of options (that guy always seems to be running out of options, too!).
;)

verdantheart said:
lenafan said:

I think it would be more along the lines of a business deal. Sloane could offer Jack the resources for his search that the CIA was no longer willing to provide him. Of course, Sloane wants something in return for this "favor" . . . It's a little bit more like coercion than smooth-talking because Jack will only turn to Sloane when he runs out of options (that guy always seems to be running out of options, too!).
;)
What verdantheart says makes the most sense. Jack is a business man above all else. He also tends to act a bit hasty without entirely thinking through every detail when it comes to Sydney (i.e, setting up Irina on mission for the "Bible" and killing the double agent from the first season).

Barlowe Girl Posted on Jun 19 2003, 11:06 PM
What verdantheart says makes the most sense. Jack is a business man above all else. He also tends to act a bit hasty without entirely thinking through every detail when it comes to Sydney (i.e, setting up Irina on mission for the "Bible" and killing the double agent from the first season).

Being a businessman was his cover for Sydney while she was growing up. Jack has been in the CIA all his life, including his stint as a double agent. So I think everything he does is predicated on his feelings for his daughter -- and in one instance, his wife. His killing Hadlaki was to protect both of them and I don't think it was a hasty move. The Irina set-up again was to protect Sydney, at least he felt she needed less Mom at the time. He was desparate, thinking she would be lost to him. Businessmen tend to think things through, calculating odds...Jack was operating on emotion. If he is with Sloane, I think it might be not a business deal, but more of "at least I know you and know what to expect" kind of thing. IMHO
Of course speculation is great, then along comes JJ and his motley crew to upset our applecart!

Back