Politics Thrown Out of Church for being a Democrat...

the_alliance said:
one's political affiliation doesn't reflect who is good and who is bad. we are all sinners.

this is what i meant to say from my earlier post.
[post="1337857"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree. There are some Republicans who do awful things (look at Jim West), then there are Democrats who do awful things (and I would post a name here, but I can't think of one off the top of my head).

Everyone should be open to attend a church regardless of your political beliefs, being Democrat or Republican doesn't make you 'good' or 'bad'...what you do determines that.

But we are only all sinners if you believe in sin...which some of us don't ;)

Jamison said:
I agree.  There are some Republicans who do awful things (look at Jim West), then there are Democrats who do awful things (and I would post a name here, but I can't think of one off the top of my head).

Everyone should be open to attend a church regardless of your political beliefs, being Democrat or Republican doesn't make you 'good' or 'bad'...what you do determines that.

But we are only all sinners if you believe in sin...which some of us don't ;)
[post="1337879"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
sin (on a broader level) is just a bad deed, so everyone techinically believes in sin.

the_alliance said:
sin (on a broader level) is just a bad deed, so everyone techinically believes in sin.
[post="1338077"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I tend to view sin as something more religious.

But I completely agree that people do bad things.

Even though none of this has to do with the post at hand.

()aliasyeah() said:
it's absolutly appalling.  someone needs to set that pastor straight..

and it is possible to be christian and a democrat--i'm living proof!
[post="1340753"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree. Luckily he has resigned and hopefully has learned his lesson.

Sadly I don't think this will be the last incident like this that we hear about.

This story served to strengthen my belief that there should be strict separation of church and state...
Political affiliations should not matter in CHURCH. Church is a place for God and worship, not democrats vs. republicans. But sadly, there is not a separation of church and state. somehow, politics always seem to creep into church, and religious beliefs always seem to seep into politics.
Anyway, the pastor infringed on the democrats right to freedom of speech that is outlined in Article I of the US Constitution...
Sorry, this is a debater typing...I'm going to stop before I get into value premises and justification and end up writing a speech.

Back