Tick Warning!

TICK WARNING!

If someone comes to your front door saying they are checking for ticks
due to the warm weather and asks you to take your clothes off and dance
around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT!! THIS IS A SCAM!! They only want to
see you naked.

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday. I feel so stupid.

Ummm, why would you do it in the first place? If you had a tick you would know long before some guy comes knocking on your door.

Ummm, why would you do it in the first place? If you had a tick you would know long before some guy comes knocking on your door.

I recommend a dictionary and a high dose of British comedy.
You should watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail and read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy immediately.
If you still don't quite get it, then shy away from absurd comedy completely.

I recommend a dictionary and a high dose of British comedy.
You should watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail and read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy immediately.
If you still don't quite get it, then shy away from absurd comedy completely.

I already know I dislike both of them. The main subject of this thread is hardly absurd.

"ab·surd: 1. utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation."

Yep. That fits this thread.
I think I have to agree with Luciro on this one. If you don't like Monty Python, Hitchhikers, or this thread, then absurd humor just isn't for you. But many people find it quite funny, myself included.

"ab·surd: 1. utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation."

Yep. That fits this thread.
I think I have to agree with Luciro on this one. If you don't like Monty Python, Hitchhikers, or this thread, then absurd humor just isn't for you. But many people find it quite funny, myself included.

<sighs> It is quite plausible, but believe what you wish.

I'm beginning to think I should upload a "sighing" emoticon just for Hunl.

For now, will have to deal with the ones we have.

:-L :rolleyes2:

I myself love a good faux pas riddled bit of absurd comedy. Guess I'll get back into my Discworld novel. Small Gods if phenomenal.

Such discrimination and stereotypes, and your Mother lets you speak like that around her?

:-s <sighs> Not all of them go to school either..

People with Autism would take it quite literally, and would, I'm afraid, ride the short bus, were they to attend public school. So, like... That's neither discrimination, nor stereotyping. Aside from the "You're mean..." bit, I don't know what you were trying to convey with that post.

<sighs> It is quite plausible, but believe what you wish.

Someone showing up on your doorstep and asking you to strip is plausible where you come from? :| Crazy.

Back