Fantasy Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland

Galicdreamer

These Words, From My Heart...
Okay..so is anyone else as excited as I am about the new Alice in Wonderland movie that is coming out? Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter...Helena Bonham Carter as the Queen of Hearts (points to siggy and avi!!!!!!)

Here are some more Pics from the sets and of the different characters

Here is the article:

First Weird Look: Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland

The first official images of Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland have made their way to the public, and they’re as wild and creepy as you can imagine. USA Today has the exclusive character pictures and concept art for the March 5, 2010 release, plus details about how the re-imagining will differ from the animated 1951 classic.

Much like he did with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in 2005 (but hopefully better this time), Burton (with the help of Beauty and the Beast screenwriter Linda Woolverton) has updated Alice with his own unique style.

The “Burton-ized” version fuses CG animation, motion capture, and 3-D and features many of the familiar characters of the original. The White Rabbit (Michael Sheen), the Caterpillar (Alan Rickman), the Jabberwock (Christopher Lee), the Red Queen (Burton’s wife Helena Bonham Carter screaming “off with their heads!”), the White Queen (Anne Hathaway), and the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp).

Though Burton’s story is an offbeat sequel of sorts. This time Alice (young Australian actress Mia Wasikowska) is 17 and escaping a Victorian estate party where she’s supposed to be proposed to in front of “hundreds of snooty society types.” She flees and follows a white rabbit down a hole in Wonderland, a place she doesn’t remember ten years later.

Included in the article are pictures of the iconic characters given the Burton makeover. Depp (pictured left) as the Mad Hatter looks like he should be giving nightmares to children at birthday parties. The clownish hair, the creepy gaze, and even the gigantic, off-kilter bow tie make me wish my mommy was here. In his seventh movie with Burton, Depp uses an accent that producer Richard Zanuck calls simply “indescribable.” The Red Queen picture is equally disturbing, the White Queen a pale, strong-browed beauty, and the Tweedles (voiced by Matt Lucas) are plump, male versions of The Shining twins.

So, are you are you as excited as I am? Do you plan on going to see it?

I read that he is going to make it more like the actual novel rather than the disney-ized version of it. Don't get me wrong, I love the Disney version but...the actual story is soooooooooooo dark and twisted. I LOVE IT!

I read that he is going to make it more like the actual novel rather than the disney-ized version of it. Don't get me wrong, I love the Disney version but...the actual story is soooooooooooo dark and twisted. I LOVE IT!
Well, its Tim Burton so we know its gonna be great ... ;)

Tim Burton.. it's guaranteed to be surreal.... I love the way his mind works! And him and Depp together are always awesome - they seem to bring out the best in each other.

first preview I guess!!!
I still don't know if I'll go and watch this film, I don't like the story of Alice in WOnderland, and I'm not very kind of Tim Burton, but I love Depp and Rickman and the music...

And if someone could tell me who is the guy at 00:47, that would be great! He looks like Depp but he can't be two people, can he?

http://www.allocine....32663&hd=1.html

first preview I guess!!!
I still don't know if I'll go and watch this film, I don't like the story of Alice in WOnderland, and I'm not very kind of Tim Burton, but I love Depp and Rickman and the music...

And if someone could tell me who is the guy at 00:47, that would be great! He looks like Depp but he can't be two people, can he?

I think that must be the character "The Knave of Hearts". He is played by Crispin Glover.

From the Trial scene of Alice In Wonderland:
The Queen of Hearts, she made some tarts,
All on a summer day:
The Knave of Hearts, he stole those tarts,
And took them quite away!

Interesting to note that although eveyone called him the "Knave (Jack) of Hearts", the illustration in the official book had the Knave wearing Clubs on his clothes. In the film, Crispin's eye patch is shaped like a Club.

http://ebooks.adelai...ges/alice01.png

I'm very interested in this movie! I especially liked JD in the trailer. I often think he plays the same role every time, but he looks truly in his element!

Back