Time Blossom

Title: Original Blossom
Rating: This fic has not been rated yet!
Summary: Read the Intro.

Time Blossom

Prologue: Remembering

“Please forgive me, for I do not know exactly where you want me to start.” Standing in the middle of a small office crammed with pictures and potted trees; a woman throws back her head and stares up at the ceiling with her vibrant blue eyes. “Yes I know the logical place to begin is the beginning but it is just too painful for me.”

The young girl, no more than twenty, finally takes a seat next to the large wood desk on which she continues drumming her long crimson polished nails. Her black Mary-Janes contradict the blue fishnets extending from underneath her acid green corduroy miniskirt. The large vinyl chair engulfs her, making her seem like a child lost in a sea of brown. She sits uneasily, tapping her foot against the wooden legs and keeping her right hand close to her purse where her cigarettes lay waiting.

“It is quite alright, I understand very well what you are going through.” An older woman, much older than the other girl who is sitting directly across from her, sighs a smile of sympathy as she pushes her tortoise-shell glasses further up on her nose. Her long black hair is pulled up in a tight bun that weaves in all directions on the very top of her head. Despite her age, only a few grey hairs are noticeable, unlike the laugh lines. “If you do not mind, Miss Barrows, continue, you were doing just fine.”

As the woman leans back in her deep black leather chair, the Miss Barrows crosses her legs then uncrosses them once more. She cannot suppress the shaking of neither her hands nor the quiver of her lips. She wishes she was not here. Not in this office. Not in this coat. Not in this chair. Not all alone. Not being able to see what she alone sees.

Dropping her head back, letting her bleached blonde hair fall behind the chair, she takes a deep breath and whispers, “He is no longer alive.” She inhales a sharp breath of air then, quick as a dart, she returns upright and continues in a louder yet gentle free-flowing voice.

“I do not doubt it. This I knew even before I met him. That was always an obstacle in our relationship. He knew nothing about the future while I knew everything down to the last detail of his death.” At this, Miss Barrows arches her eyebrows right before a single tear smears through a thick wall of mascara, circling down to the bottom of her chin.

Miss Barrows locks her gaze on the steady tick-tock-tick-tock of the mock Victorian mantle clock situated on the desk. Wishing it was three o’clock already; she took another breath and continued.

“I was surprised he even asked for my name after the way I had treated him when we first met.” Wiping away a tear, she laughs at the memory and shakes her head.

“He never even knew what he was getting himself into. God bless his soul.” A sudden thought emerges in her mind and she becomes still and silent, staring out past the clock into nothing. “I wonder if he knew, would he have stopped to say hello?”

The older woman remains calm and unresponsive keeping her gaze steady on the young girl. She almost jumps out of her seat when the girl breaks into spontaneous laughter that will not let go of her.

“I still remember the way his eyes got wide when we were introduced. His friend, Mr. Covington, my boss at the time at The Cozy Coffeeshop, I know heinous name but I didn’t pick it out I just worked there.” She pulled out a handkerchief from her black velvet purse while slightly chuckling to herself. All along the edges of the handkerchief were embroidered leaves of all different shades of green and yellow. She began to dab her eyes, the black mixing with the cream of the cotton. “When Mr. Covington asked me to grab him two lattes I was expecting them to be both for him, but when I came out from behind the counter, I saw Chris sitting next to him.”

“Back then my hair was black with pink tips and I had on the uniform of a black skirt and white t-shirt and tennis shoes. You don’t have to take it from me but I looked pretty hot if you ask me.” She emitted a quick laugh then became more silent than the stars at night.

“Is my time up, Mrs. Lachlan? I think it is almost three and I have somewhere else I have to be immediately following.” She stood up brushing away more tears and biting her bottom lip.

“It is ten till, but if you must leave, then you must. You have made great progress today, more so than last week that is. At least this time, you started to speak.” Mrs. Lachlan checked something on a piece of paper on her desk and got up from her chair. The force in which she got up sent the swivel chair spinning until she steadied it with her left hand as she extended her right towards Miss Barrows.

“See you next week, same time Charlotte.” Charlotte shook the woman’s hand, grabbed her purse, her fingers already sliding a cigarette out of the packaging and walked out the door.

Reviews?!?! :blink: thanky! :smiley: if i get time to write enough to add the elements, this will be entered in the contest!

i wonder what happened... tell me! (meaning continue).

i think you're off to a great start vikki. beginning is always the hardest. believe me... i usually start by writing the middle of my story, then the start, then the end. this is a very interesting plot-lay that you can take anywhere! no limits... yea. so that's cool! continue it. i like it.

o yes... remember if it's going to be in the contest, you have to use the *elements* and the whole magic/halloween thingy. :cool:

FREAKY! He was :blink: dead? :blink: Update soon -I want to know what happens. :lol: This will make a great contest entry. :cool:

Back