i cant belive i took so long
this is so good
i cat wait for more
can i get a pm for the next chap
~VJ~! :eek:

-i'm sorry i haven't updated!

-happy reading!

Time is Precious

He knew he didn't have much time, when suddenly a loud burst of gunfire tore through the leaves and trees around him. Instinctively, he curled himself around Sydney and waited. He could hear the shells clinking to the ground and he knew that whoever they were, they were reloading. He helped arrange Sydney safely behind a large rock and rolled out into the open and behind another rock.

He saw Nadia creep up to safety as well and they nodded and burst out with a loud round of machine gun fire. They could hear the screams of the person they had just gunned down and smirked slightly in satisfaction. It was Sark. He lay groaning in an ever expanding puddle of blood.

“You know. I simply wanted to come out on top, you see, I just wanted to win.” He gasped out his final words and a hoarse ragged breath out ended it all. They had one less enemy to worry about escaping. They covered him up with some branches to avoid anymore questions. He really wanted to have kept Sark alive and tortured him, tearing him apart limb from limb. He lost himself in a daydream where he was torturing Sark to death.

“Vaughn!” Nadia shrieked from where he had left Sydney.

“Oh my God!” He nearly choked on the tears that sprung up into his eyes and closed his throat down. Instead of looking down at his soulmate, he was looking at a shell of that person. She was breathing shallowly and her eyelids looked as though they had been stretched to the limits. He reached down to scoop her up and cradled her in his arms. Her head flopped back.

“Vaughn, we need to find a hospital.” Nadia took charge, her hand resting gently on his elbow. She lead him to a small but modern hospital. Nurses wisked Sydney right out of his arms and it took all of his restraint and Nadia's not to snatch her back. He wished they were in bed, snuggled together, and comforting each other when they woke up from this horrible nightmare.

<O><O><O><O><O>

Finally someone stopped to talk to them.

“Oh, the Jane Doe? We didn't know you were with her!” The nurse sounded very surprised.

“She's gonna be okay right?” Vaughn asked.

“She will.” The nurse motioned them to follow her. She took them down a hall and another and up to stories in a elevator until they arrived at a tiny maternity ward.

“We don't have many visitors.” The man sounding surprised. “I'm Dr. Hunter. Call me James.” He said pleasantly. “I'm sure that you are quite ready to see your wife and babies right?”

Vaughn didn't bother correcting him about Sydney being his wife, he was planning on asking her anyway. “Yes please.” Nadia stood beside him quietly. They both noted that he said babies.

“You're sure she's safe, right?” She blurted out suddenly. “I wanna see her.”

“Sure. Nancy, will you take her to room 3534 please?” The doctor never lost his tone or patience, he was experienced in such matters and knew better.

“Is it a boy or girl?” Vaughn wanted to know if Dr. Hunter had accidentally said babies or if he had multiples on his hands.

“Twins, a boy and girl. Congratulations.” The doctor smiled again and Vaughn felt his knees go weak. He hadn't even know she was pregnant and now. He stepped into the nursery and let the door slam behind him, making everyone, including himself jump. “Here they are.” The doctor said as Vaughn stood cringing, looking sheepish.

“Oh.” He exclaimed. They were the cutest thing he had ever seen. “How cute.” He inhaled the newborn smell on one of them and sighed. This could be easier than it looked on the TV shows he watched.

“I would like to talk to you about your wife a little bit though, follow me please.” Vaughn sulked a bit as he left the tiny parcels behind. He didn't want to put them down. “She's going to be okay. Look for yourself.”

“I would like to talk to you about your wife a little bit though, follow me please.” Vaughn sulked a bit as he left the tiny parcels behind. He didn't want to put them down. “She's going to be okay. Look for yourself.”
see you do this every time. You give us an amazing (but short) update then you leave us waiting and waiting for an update :smiley: I demand another and another and another. I love this fic so much :smiley:

Sydney and Vaughn's sleepless nights are changing from stopping spies to changing diapers. With twins both adults are going to be kept busy.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Finally! I updated this fic as well!

Time is Precious

Nadia looked up when the doctor opened the door, slightly surprised, but turned back, trying to wipe away her tears before anyone saw them, but everyone saw them. Vaughn felt his knees go weak for the second time that night, Sydney had a tube running down her throat and her hand was punctured by an IV line, and she looked very small and tiny in the giant bed. Vaughn tried to be as quiet as possible, hoping not to wake her.

“Mr. Vaughn?” Vaughn turned to see the doctor still waiting patiently for the duo. “Please will you come out here so we can talk about her condition?”

“Sure.” They both shared a look and Vaughn waited for Nadia to walk around the bed before walking out.

“We aren’t quite sure what happened to the three of you, but I’m assuming there are more of you somewhere else, and I really don’t want to know. She started to hemorrhage when we were ready to sew her up and she lost a lot of blood. Also we noted how damaged her organs were. There is a drug called XYT, it affects the organs and isn’t used anymore to help induce a pregnancy because it causes extensive damage. So we put her in a drug induced coma and she will be woken up once we determine it is safe to wake her up.” The doctor read off of her chart which was waiting for them.

“When do you estimate that will be?” Nadia asked.

“Soon, possibly 24-48 hours,” The doctor said. “It depends on how she is doing.”

“May we go back in with her?” Vaughn asked, eager to get back with his beloved.

“Sure.” The doctor nodded and they both shook hands and the doctor turned to walk out. “We will bring the twins to you in a couple of minutes.”

“Twins?” Nadia gaped at Vaughn as shrugged.

“I was going to tell you.”

“Oh my God!” Nadia said, “Wow.”

“I know.” Vaughn said. “Add on the fact we didn’t have time to prepare and now we have TWO!” Vaughn started to panic.

“Wow.” Nadia shook her head, not able to say much else. They both went back into Sydney’s room again and sat in the chairs, watching her, listening to the comforting sounds of the steady beep-beep of her heart monitor and the beep that released oxygen.

“Here you guys go!” A cheery nurse whispered as she pushed in a bassinette. They both were in the one and facing each other.

“Oh.” Nadia’s face melted as she looked at the sweet babies. Vaughn picked up the little boy and handed her off to her. Nadia cradled her and sat down on the edge of Sydney’s bed. She pushed back the boy’s hat and stroked the light brown fuzz covering his head. Vaughn reached back in the bassinette to pick up his other little bundle of joy. He unwrapped her arms because they just looked so tight and wrapped up and she immediately clamped her tiny hands around Vaughn’s left pinkie finger

“Oh.” Vaughn’s reaction was the same as Nadia’s, his face and heart melted for the tiny bundle cooing back up at him.

“Wow.”

Suddenly they both jumped as the heart monitor started to beep crazily.

“She’s waking up!” Dr. Hunter exclaimed as he rushed into the room.

“Why?” Vaughn asked, clutching the little girl to his chest tightly.

“I don’t know! She is starting to bring herself out of it because it is her nature!”

“Well, is this a problem?” Nadia asked, holding the baby protectively to her own chest and the doctor started to inject a drug into her IV. “What the hell are you giving her?”

“A mild sedative, it’s not going to put her to sleep, just keep her from thrashing horribly when she wakes up.” The doctor lifted it up as he saw another air bubble and flicked the plunger, and it disappeared.

“Okay.” The doctor reached down and lifted her hand into his and injected it into her and than got up to throw away the needle and his gloves and then grabbed a new pair.

“So, you are going to let her wake up?” Nadia sounded a bit unconvinced.

“We will know when she has woken fully up.” The doctor started to walk out and Nadia opened her mouth to talk, but both babies started to wail at the exact same time, and Vaughn and Nadia were so startled they almost dropped the bundles.

“Wow.” Vaughn cuddled the wailing little girl and finally she stopped and drifted off to sleep, almost at the same time as her brother.

“Amazing.” Nadia said, sounding wary that she was going to wake the baby back up.

“I know.” Vaughn said. “I know exactly what you are going through.” He said, and transferring the baby to one arm and rubbed his eyes carefully, trying not to jostle the baby.

“I don’t know about you, but I’m sleeping at Weiss’s until they sleep through the night!” Nadia said.

“Please, you know you are going to stay and enjoy every moment of it!” Vaughn said, teasing her because he knew she now had a sweet and soft spot for little children, he had seen it as soon as those babies were wheeled through the door.

“I know.” Nadia confessed. “I know.” They both turned around as they heard someone kicking the end of the bed impatiently.

Nads :blink:

Don't forget to Review!

Back