Time Tunnel coming back to TV? New sci-fi TV pilots...

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
For some reason I don't remember ever actually watching Time Tunnel. I'm aware of it as it came from Irwin Allen who contributed a lot of TV shows to the genre but either it never aired in syndication when I was a kid or it wasn't that memorable. HHmm......

Source: http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|94694|1|,00.html

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The Sci Fi Channel has unveiled a new slate of development, with pilot projects ranging from a remake of the cult 1960s series "The Time Tunnel" to a show based on the life and work of author Shirley Jackson.

Shows based on the comic book "Heroes Anonymous" and John Ridley's novel "Those Who Walk in Darkness" are also in the works, as are several original concepts for Sci Fi's 2006-07 season. The cable network unveiled its development slate Wednesday (April 13) in New York. "The Time Tunnel," based on the Irwin Allen series that aired on ABC in 1966-67, follows a scientist and a government agent who find themselves trapped in a time-travel experiment. They're able to move between the past -- witnessing historical events along the way -- and the future, but can't return home.

FOX shot a pilot for a "Time Tunnel" remake in 2002 but opted not to proceed with the show. Two of the producers of that project, Kevin Burns and Jon Jashni, are executive producing Sci Fi's pilot along with Allen's wife, Sheila. John Turman ("Hulk") is writing the script.

The Jackson project, which Oscar winner Michael Douglas is executive producing, will intertwine aspects of the "Haunting of Hill House" author's life with elements of her supernatural fiction. Science fiction veteran Alan Brennert ("Stargate: Atlantis," "Odyssey 5") will write the pilot.

"Three Kings" scribe Ridley will write and executive produce "Those Who Walk in Darkness," based on his novel about a S.W.A.T. team of the near future whose job is to track and capture "metanormals" -- people born with superhuman abilities.

"Heroes Anonymous" is based on the comic of the same name by Scott Gimpel and Bill Morrison, who are also writing the pilot. Set in a world where superheroes are part of everyday life, it follows a group of young adults trying to figure out their identities, both as people and as heroes. Other pilots the network announced Wednesday include "Urban Arcana," based on the role-playing game of the same name; "Seriously Baffling Mysteries," a mockumentary about a TV crew that investigates paranormal events; and "Barbarian Chronicles," an animated show from "Home Movies" creator Brendon Small about the inhabitants of a magical realm.

If anybody is a fan of Home Movies did you catch that last sentence? :cool:

i remember time tunnel, it showed at silly times in the night on weeknights over here in the UK and was as annoying as Quantum Leap in that after so long you got bored of the main characters "almost" getting home again.

awful narration, crippling theme tune, sets like original Star Trek, acting straight out of Bonanza

can't understand why i kept on watching it, even with it's inherrent flaws. guess we were just starved for scifi back then :smiley:

Back