Season 4 Timeline

arti-47

Cadet
"The story you told at the dealership... we were supposed to go to Santa Barbara three years ago. We never made it."- Syd
"Karen and Dave did."- Vaughn

Quoting from the shower scene of coz... but one thing to note is that it means that JJ and gang haven't forgotten abt those mssing two years and the whole of season three.. since they are still talking about THAT three years ago before Sydney became Julia Thorne..

So wat's up with the inconsistent date that was written on Irina's grave as seen in the second episode this season? Could there be something more to it?

And oh yeah... i so tot that jack and sloane were talking abt irina until i came online to realize that i had heard the name wrongly.... oh man, was hoping that they bring back irina again! shucks... :(

I have been confused by the whole timeline stuff too. Even last season when Lauren logged in the computer it had 2004 as the date. Does that mean the show started in the year 1999? But that won't make sense since the year 2001 was mentioned somewhere in season 1 (I believe)

I think we need to just drop it. I don't think it's gonna be a huge deal in future seasons. So it's better to just forget about the logic of the 2 year thing. It doesn't really matter in ALIAS world anyway. Because Season 2 started SECONDS after Season 1. So if Season 1 started in Sept of 2001, and ended in May 2002, then Season 2 "IN ALIAS WORLD" begain in May 2002 and went until Sept 2002, where Season 3 picked up 2 years after - Sept 2004. Because Season 3 progressed fairly quickly in ALIAS time, Season 3 could have ended in January 2005, Season 4 picking up 4 months after that, April 2005.

SO basically, we're not that far off. With the hiatuses in the summer, it'll all even out

which time-line? :thinking:

It was 3 years ago that Syd went missing ... she came back after 2 years ... not remembering much ... or so we think ... anyways ... I don't think we need to woory about the time-line thing ...

yeah it kind of threw me off before i was like wait, is it 2006 or 2007 or something?

oh wait... since alias isn't a "full" season anymore, does that mean that half a year more passed in the alias world? so is it 2007?? ahh i'm confused.

Technically, assuming the characters are in the same month as we are, it just turned 2007 for them.

well at this point i'm not even gonna try to figure out when it is in alias time right now. i just take it for waht it is. it is fiction after all. doesn't have to fit into our weeks and months and years. so i don't really care about that.
the computers or wahtever can say any dates they want. well maybe not... like those docs sydney found. they had the date of her birth on one of them. so i guess that's important. but whatever. not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Hey
I agree that the timeline is screwed up...and the writers mess around with it that it drives me crazy. :woot:
The one thing I want the writers to remember is the dates people (Jack, Irina and Sydney were born... and how long Jack was married to Irina)
For instance Sydney's birthday was 1975, April 17th (same day as JG); Jack was born 3/16/50 same day as VG; Irina was born 3/22/51, same day as LO (not year). According to early publicity about the show given out by ABC...Irina and Jack were married in 1981 and she disappeared/accident/ in Nov. 1981. (Ten years married as Jack said many times. :(
I think they don't think we know these small pieces of individual information, but we do especially if we write fiction, which I do.
Just would love them to be consistent with the old facts that have been out there for the past three years. :angry:

:cool:

I hope Jennifer looks just as beautifull and pretty in 2007 and I hope what they show in alias actually happens :smiley:

I think we just need to drop this. Don't think about it. Just drop it. It's 2005 in the ALIAS world, it's 2005 in our world. The writers aren't going to explain and it's not like its a big difference anyway

boyscout4747 said:
I think we just need to drop this.  Don't think about it.  Just drop it.  It's 2005 in the ALIAS world, it's 2005 in our world.  The writers aren't going to explain and it's not like its a big difference anyway
[post="1184439"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'll second that (y)

Back