Season 5 Timeline

idface3

Cadet
I've rewatched 5.01 four times now- taken notes and done the math-
Dates DON'T add up!!!!

Vaughn was born in 1968
(Syd born in 1975……….wow SEVEN yrs older ) (Irina “died” in 1981)
Bill “killed” in 1979 as a CIA agent (in 1972 just a math mathematician)
Leaman recruited in 1972 (took years to complete)

Vaughn said his name was changed when he was 18 months old

So the Prophet 5 project started when Vaughn was already 4 yrs old and Leaman said it took "years" to complete the project- even if we said 2 "years" Vaughn would still have been at least 6 yrs old when name change came into affect (MV said 18 months)- theoretically speaking that would be 1974 and Irina supposedly killed Bill in 1979 (only 5 years later) (still don't see how the CIA wouldn't know about name change) And Irina "defected" when Syd was 6 so that would be 1981.....

If Irina gave Vaughn her approval to marry Syd- he can't be a "bad" guy....AND there HAS to be some kind of a Rambaldi connection here....Since Bill was connected to Nadia-the passenger. AND I don't think it's a coincidence about the Mueller Device- which is a Rambaldi invention.

So either JJ didn't figure out the timeline (which I doubt) or Vaughn isn't telling the whole truth.

ANOTHER NOTE: When Vaughn is being tortured- the comment is made to go ge his fiancé- the one with the ring- after watching 4 times- well duh- of course she has a ring- but then again- she has "THE" ring- and I remember hearing some comments that the ring looked like the rambaldi symbol- maybe when she put it on- this is how they found Vaughn and Syd ......... (n)

Yeah it doesn't really make sense with Vaughn's birth date, but in considering Vaughn was 8 when his father was killed (I'm sure I heard that somewhere), everything kinda fits I think cos that means he was born in 1971 or 1972... But I guess it doesn't really matter I mean we don't even know what year Alias is happening in.

Thanks for posting this! I LOVE figuring out timelines and it looks like they missed a little!
I never realized Vaughn was so much older than Sydney...

Honestly, I couldn't care less about the timeline.
With all due respect to you, then why did you read the thread and then make this comment?

hmm ..well leaman could've been recruited in 1972 but others could have been there before than. like vaughn's dad could've been there in 1968 n then two years later he ran. but then dont know how he wouldve been friends w/ leaman in 1972....unless he ran but was workign as a dbl agent w/ the cia?

n then made the connection w/ rambaldi n prophet 5 n made sure that not only does he help the mathematicians but also the ppl involved in the prophecy....i.e. nadia.

whats 'the ring' though? is there a rambaldi ring?

ANOTHER NOTE: When Vaughn is being tortured- the comment is made to go ge his fiancé- the one with the ring- after watching 4 times- well duh- of course she has a ring- but then again- she has "THE" ring- and I remember hearing some comments that the ring looked like the rambaldi symbol- maybe when she put it on- this is how they found Vaughn and Syd ......... (n)

I just thought he meant, 'get the finger WITH the ring'...

they were just bluffing to him to get him to talk ... what they said was ... "get her finger with the ring and bring it to them"

I didn't take it like that....I think the ring has to have something to do with Vaughn being "found" and if you look closely- I think the ring has the Rambaldi symbol...I know it is a stretch- but I think Vaughn has to have some kind of a connection to Rambaldi- and maybe with the ring being put on Syd's finger....... :redhair:

I didn't take it like that....I think the ring has to have something to do with Vaughn being "found" and if you look closely- I think the ring has the Rambaldi symbol...I know it is a stretch- but I think Vaughn has to have some kind of a connection to Rambaldi- and maybe with the ring being put on Syd's finger....... :redhair:

I think he just meant "get the finger with the ring." This one being the most important because it's where the engagement ring was, and of course had the most significance to Vaughn. Plus, they probably didn't know that Vaughn proposed so by saying that it showed Vaughn that they had her (even though they didn't).

ya thats what i thought...they just meant the engagement ring.....not 'the ring'

also they couldve known abt the ring...cause that one agent did see her when she was still in the car n couldve reported the ring.

also they couldve known abt the ring...cause that one agent did see her when she was still in the car n couldve reported the ring.

That's what I meant. I'm sure Vaughn didn't think these guys would've known about him proposing, but since they saw her with the ring on, it had more of an impact and told Vaughn that they must have her.

Back