~Times Like These~

Title: Times Like These
Author: Kristina AKA: spy41 Author of "Broken Promises"
Genre: Angst/Romance
Timeline: End of Season 2/beginning of Season 3.
Disclaimer: Although i wish i owned Alias i don't, that belong to JJ.
Summary: Sydney Bristow returns from a long two year absence, how much has changed? And will she find the man she loves in time to save him from himself? Takes place in Paris, France.
AN: This story is FINISHED.

Links: PART I, PART II, PART III, Part IV, Part V, Part VI

p777766.jpg

~Made By Sydney~~AKA: Sydney Bristow 2300844~

~Times Like These~
~Part I~
~Until Next Time~

The rain splashed against the one pained window on the outside of the four story apartment building. It was gloomy day, the darkness didn't help the depression he had been feeling for the last 15 months. It added to the pain in his heart as it unburied old memories he had of her. What used to fuel him now made him weaker, the visions sucked out all of the energy he had left, which wasn't much, especially when he only get about 3 hours of sleep each night due to the ongoing nightmares he had involving her. It was always the same one, the one with him standing on the sidewalk in front of her house watching her burn to death in her ingulfed house. In his head he'd hear her scream, scream mercy for someone to help her, a woman that never asked for help actually pleaded for it. That was the only time he wasn't there to answer her call, the only time. The first time that he would let her down would be his last, she was taken from him too soon, way to soon. He knew he shouldn't be selfish, he told himself that she was in a better place, a place away form the morbid reality he now lived in alone, one that he couldn't seem to get out of. What bothered him is how she got there. He didn't know why God was punishing him, why he was being treated with utter cruelty. He'd done nothing wrong but love her, but maybe he was never meant to be in love. He hated the life he was living, despised it really, he didn't like who he had become, but when a man was pushed to the edge of utter desolation, that's often what happened, he broke down. It didn't hit him at first, but when he realized that Sydney Bristow was never coming back his heart immiedtaly started to greive over her, that soon developed into depression, and the depression soon turned into loneliness, which now caused him to be a hermit, become anti-social in a way. He hated to be around women, especially those with brown hair and eyes to match, ones that reminded him of his mistake, the mistake he'd pay for with the rest of his life. Nothing could mend his broken and shattered heart, nothing except her, which means he'd live in this 'hell' for the rest of his long ongoing life. He'd wished it so many time, he'd wished that it was him that was taken to early, he wanted her to live her life out to the fullest, to actually get to enjoy breathing the air of normalcy. He would have died a thousand times over that night for her, he would have killed himself if it had meant her living in peace. He hated the world for cursing him, he hated everything around him, the people, the air, the sky, the trees, everything he touched, everything he looked at reminded him of her. He had figured out a way to numb the pain temporarily. He turned to alcohol, he admitted it, he was a cold blooded alcoholic..down to the bone. It was the only time he could hide from everything, when he was drunk, he didn't like himself much in that condition, but it was the only way he could forget. Sitting there in the navy blue recliner he had in front of the window, he watched the rain pour down, each drop making a distinct yet different sound. His fingers clenched tightly around the bottle neck of the beer he was holding on top his knee. Half of it was already gone, and it was only six thirty in the morning. But he had no where to be, no one to be with, he was alone. He stared out the window as if in a daze. His finger scratching lightly on the glass of the bottle he held. He sat in deep thought, memories plaguing his mind, torturing him, making him want the beer even more than he originally had wanted it. There was one memory that haunted him in particular. As he remembered, tears sprung to his eyes.

~FlashBack~

"Sydney, you're crazy!" Vaughn yelled as he stood under the protection of the large oak tree that towered over the park they were in. He had pulled the blanket and picnic basket they had set up with him, out of the cold hard rain that was pouring down from the sunny afternoon sky.
"Come on!! It's just a sun shower!" She yelled as she stood under the open sky, the rain drops soaking into her clothes and skin. She danced around as he watched her. There were a few kids running around in the rain also, but most everyone else had either run back to the protection of their cars or were now held hostage by the rain under a nearby tree. Sydney obviously didn't care about the status of her clothes. The way they were sticking to her body and the way that her hair became stringy from the water didn't seem to change the delicate situation. She spun around and tilted her head to the sky catching the rain in her mouth. She laughed as she spun around with her eyes closed. Her arms spread out to their fullest length. He watched her, a small smile grwoing on his face. There wasn't a time when he thought she never looked beautiful, but at that exact moment she looked so angelic that he found it hard to breath, and he felt his throat tightening. Taking off his jacket, he threw it to the ground without looking and stepped out into the rain. He had forgotten about how cold it was and how hard it was coming down. He stopped in front of her and just stared at her. After a few long moments Sydney lowered her arms and tilted her head back down. She opened her eyes and was surprised to see Vaughn in front of her. She smiled.
"I thought you said i was crazy? Are you inheriting my craziness, Mr. Vaughn?" She asked playfully. He smiled.
"No, but i couldn't just stand over there when you look like this." He said touching her cheek. His eyes trailing down her jaw. She smiled.
"Like what?" She asked. He bit his bottom lip and looked back to her eyes.
"When you look absolutely beautiful." He said.
"You look like an angel." She smiled and pried his hand away from her cheek. She took it in her own and brought it up to her lips, kissing his fingers softly. He watched her, unable to describe the feeling he felt at that exact moment. His other hand made it to the back of her head, pulling her gently towards him. He closed the distance even more and finally just kissed her. She released his hand and wrapped her arms around his neck, trying to pull herself even closer. The rain poured down both their faces, which only made it even more special. A few moments later they were forced to separate due to the lack of oxygen. They smiled at eachother.
"You know, if you kiss me like that everytime it rains then we should just move to Florida." She said. He wrapped his arms around her waist.
"Why is that?" He laughed.
"Because it rains alot more over there." She said smiling.
"What? I always kiss you like this." He said confused. She shook her head slightly.
"No...you don't." She said.
"You have many different kisses, Agent Vaughn." She said. He smiled and took her hand, leading her back under the tree. He sat down with his back against the tree trunk and pulled her down with him, her back resting against his chest.
"Really?" He asked. She smiled and got comfortable.
"Yep. There's a kiss you give me when you're happy, when your having a good day and you're just giddy. Then there's one you give me when you're angry and just try not to show it. There's one for when we fight, and one for when we make-up. There's one you give me when we've been apart for too long and then there's one you give me when you want me. Then there's one that you give me at the most perfect times. Times like these. When you kiss me that way, i feel like we're the only two people on the face of the earth, like everything just freezes and suddenly we're the only real things. You get this far away look in your eyes, like everything that had you worried just suddenly faded away. Your touch becomes softer than it already is and you just look so sure of yourself." She said.
"I don't get that kiss everyday, and i'm glad, because i know whenever i do...that means whatever we're doing at that moment means something to you." She said. She laid her head back against his shoulder.
"Am i making any sense?" She asked. He stared straight in front of them his arms wrapped tightly around her. He sat silent.
"Vaughn?" She asked. He still didn't answer. She turned her head to look at him slightly. He swallowed and opened his mouth, it took him a moment to find the right words, the truth was the words found him.
"Love." He said.
"What?" She asked staring at him.
"When i kiss you like that, it's when i'm falling in love with you again." He said. She sat up and turned around to look him straight in the eye.
"What do you mean? Again?" She asked. He sighed.
"There are moments, when i just watch you, just...everything about you. I can't explain the feeling i get, but in my heart i know i'm falling in love with you all over again." He said. A single tear left her eye.
"That's why i kiss you like that." He said. She was silent. He smiled trying to lighten the mood.
"So now you know how many times i've fallen for you. Everytime i think it can't get any better, it does." He said. She just stared at him, the love in her eyes was overwhelming. He brushed a piece of wet hair out of her face.
"I love you." He said.
"Never forget that." He said. She shook her head.
"I never will." She said.
"Ever."

~End FlashBack~

As he sat there, a tear rolled down his cheek, he didn't wipe it away, the truth was...he now loved to cry. It refreshed him in a way, made him feel more energized, and it made his broken soul feel just a tad bit better. It felt as if a small weight was lifted off him, until the next day, when it was put back on again. He had anxiety, stress, all of it. He couldn't sit still sometimes because he thought he was losing his mind, he just wanted to end it all, give up. He wanted to be with her again, and if he couldn't be with her here then he'd have to do it somewhere else. He pulled out his silver pistol from underneath the couch cushion and rested the barrel to his head. He pulled back the hammer and gently started to squeeze the trigger, he knew how close he was, he could feel it, he could feel the metal grind as the hammer got ready to release, putting an end to his pain. It would have been so easy to do it, but then there was a knock at his door. He sighed silently and released the hammer gently. He placed the gun back under the couch and stood up, setting his beer on the window sill. He looked out toward the sky.
"Until next time."

that was really good, you had me scraed there for a moment with the whole gun to the head thing. right more soon please, i cant wait

wow! that was so good! it was so sad though :( *wipes tear* poor poor vaughn. i liked the flashback, it was so beautifully written. could i please get a PM when you update?

The contest required me to use a qutoe from The Princess Bride. It is in bold in the story.

~Part II~
~A Second Hello~

As he made his way slowly to the door the person knocked again.
"Je viens !" [I'm coming!] He yelled to indicate he had heard the person. He got to the door and unlocked the door, he swung it open and stared at Mr. Renolds from down the hall, he had given Vaughn a place to stay for awhile, given it to him for cheap. He was the nicest landlord he'd ever had, most understanding.
"Forgive me for disturbing you Michael, but Madame Lenior told me to inform you that your laundry is done, and that you can pick it up at any time." Renolds said. The old man shifted slightly on one foot and looked past Vaughn into the house, he saw the beer resting on the window sill. Vaughn pulled the door towards him slightly to obscure his view. Upon seeing Vaughn's action he shifted back to his normal position. He sighed.
"Michael, are you drinking again?" Renolds asked. Vaughn scratched his eyebrow as he was about to close the door.
"I'll be sure to pick up my clothes soon." Vaughn said. He had the door halfway closed when Renolds hand forced it to stop. He pushed it back open and looked at Vaughn.
"Son, you can't keep doing this to yourself, what ever bothers you isn't worth killing yourself for." Renolds said. Upon hearing those words Vaughn looked at him, emotion lacing his voice.
"You have no idea how wrong you are." Vaughn said staring down at the old man. Renolds brow furrowed as he looked at his young neighbor.
"Talking about it always helps." Ranolds suggested. Vaughn shook his head.
"Not in this situation, it doesn't." He said.
"Michael, you've been here for almost two years, and you still haven't told me the cause for your stay." Renolds said.
"I did tell you, i told you all i needed to tell you, i lost someone whom i cared about dearly, that's why i'm here." Vaughn said. Renolds nodded.
"Fine, i won't ask you anymore, just... try not to kill yourself okay? I just redid the apartment." Renolds said. He starting walking back down the hallway. Vaughn laughed inwardly.
"Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming." Vaughn said to Renolds back. Renolds lifted a hand and then turned the corner, disappereaing. Vaughn shook his head and walked back inside, closing the door. He turned on the radio as he passed back to the lazy boy he had so previously occupied. He sat back down and leaned forward grabbing his beer. He sat back again and watched the rain as it didn't let up. He lifted the bottle towards his mouth but forze half way there. Renolds words continued to roam his mind. Maybe it was better for him to stop drinking, maybe he'd be better off. He laughed at himself.
"Yeah, right." He said out loud to no one. He shook his head as he lifted the bottle to his mouth, taking another long swig of beer and swallowing it. He let the alcohol take a small effect on him. That was the only beer he drank that morning, as he still had to go pick up his clothes from the laundry mat down the street. Madame Lenior was like a second mother to him. She was widowed, her husband died in a train accident 10 years before. She never had children, and she had told him once that she considered him the son she never had. She washed his clothes, brought him food, and helped clean his apratment every now and then, she was always checking up on him, always worried for his health, not physical, but metal. She knew that something bothered him, something caused him to feel the depression she knew he felt. He hated to worry her, but he also didn't want people to feel sorry for him. He stood up and went to his closet across the room. He took out a white t-shirt and put it on, along with a pair of black slacks. He sat down on the edge of the bed and gabbed his shoes, putting them on one at a time. His apartment was small. One room really. His bed was in the darkest corner of the room, and besides his recliner he didn't have much of anything else there. He had a small radio that only intercepted one station and one station only. He had no TV or other electronics. He wasn't concerned with that anymore. Standing up, her grabbed his apartment key and stuffed it in his pocket. He grabbed his jacket and walked out his front door. He made his way down to street level, he stood under the canape to keep from getting wet, he had no umbrella. Stepping out in the rain he started to walk down the street. He didn't care that he was soaking wet now, it didn't matter to him, if he caught pneumonia and died so be it, it'd make it that much easier. He stood at the corner of the street, waiting for the light to turn red so he could cross safely. Not that he cared much, he just had to get away. He only had one thing that used to belong to her, a picture. He kept it tucked safely in his wallet, the edges were now flimsy and wrinkled from being handled so much. Every night he would lay in bed and stare at the picture he had of her, until he fell asleep to her smiling face. The picture was all he had left of his life before, all that was left of her that he could hold, touch, and look at. Everything else was completely in his mind, haunting him, what used to be the best memories now were the worst, because he just couldn't stop seeing them, it was like a never ending movie inside of his head. He got down the laundry mat and opened the glass door, he shook the excess water off his jacket and walked inside. Of course he was given weird looks for being so wet, but he didn't seem to mind. He walked back towards Madame Lenior, who stood in front of a dryer throwing clothes in. Vaughn walked up to the washer behind her and tried to take his bag of clothes without her sensing his presence. He thought he had got away, until he turned around with the bag of clothes over his shoulder. The bottom of the bag broke and his clothes fell to the floor. Vaughn froze and closed his eyes, he shook his head and sighed.
"Michael?" Lenior asked. Vaughn turned around.
"Bonjour." Vaughn said looking down at his pile of clothes.
"Where you trying to escape without saying hello to me?" She asked smiling. Vaughn looked up at her.
"No...not at all...i just...i...uh...." He stumbled.
"You're not a very good liar, so stop." She said smiling. Vaughn started to pick up his clothes.
"Thank you for being so blunt." He said sarcastically.
"I'm just not in a good mood today, i just really want to get back to the apartment." Vaughn said pointing to the door as he held his clothes in his arms. Lenior nodded.
"Okay, go then, i'll bring dinner by for you later." Lenior said.
"You don't...."
"Go." She said. He nodded and turned around. As he walked back to his apartment in the rain he felt even more depressed than usual. It seemed to get worse when he was around people. He quickly walked home and threw his clean clothes on the bed. He went into the bathroom in a hurry and took out some sleeping pills. He took two and then went and sat down on the bed, taking off his shoes and lying down he stared up at the ceiling, he could feel his eyes getting heavy, indicating that the pills were taking affect. He soon found himself in a deep sleep, one free of nightmares for the first time in two years. He hadn't realized how long he slept until 12 hours later when he woke up slowly and noticed it was almost dinner time. He knew what that meant, another dinner with Madame Lenior, another dinner where he'd have to put on a facade, make it seem like he was having a good time although his mind was really someplace else along with his heart. He felt bad, because he always looked forward to the end of dinner so he could just go back to slowly killing himself while he was alone. He got up slowly, sitting for a moment to fully wake up before standing on two feet. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the clock, it was almost 7:00, he had another 15 minutes before Madame Lenior would come and bless him with her presence. He laughed slightly as he got up and stripped off his shirt, he walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower, the water was cold, the apartment had no warm water, not for the price he paid to stay there. He got used to the cold water after awhile, he started not to feel it, he had other things occupying his mind. He looked at himself in the mirror and saw the long hairs on his face, it was borderline beard yet it still could be considered stubble. He shaved quickly, something he hadn't done in a few weeks. Stepping into the shower he shivered at first when the water came into contact with his soft skin, but slowly relaxed under the gentle stream of water. He washed his hair with the cheap shampoo that madame Lenior had bought for him after she commented how bad he smelled one day. She asked him if he even cared, and the truth was...he didn't, who did he have to smell good for? But she insisted that he smelled like he had been living in a dumpster for the last 3 months. Which was true to some extent, the smell even bothered him some, but he would just cover it up with cheap cologne and deodorant. A man that went from taking up to three showers a day went to taking one shower every three weeks, ironic really. He slowly leaned his hands on the shower wall, letting the water run down his face. He looked down at the gold cross that hung from his neck, the one he had been given to by the preist the day of Sydneys funeral. He'd never taken it off, ever, and he wasn't planning on it...ever. It was the only thing that helped him get through everyday, the only thing that gave him any hope at all. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard the buzzer indicating someone was outside his door. He turned off the water and wrapped a towel around his waist, still dripping wet he walked to the bathroom door.
"Venir !" [Coming!] He ran through the house, dumping out the beers he had open and throwing them into the trash can under the sink. He closed the cabinet and went to the door.
"I hope you brought your pasta salad," He said. He unlocked the door the chain and the dead bolt.
"I have a taste for...." He opened the door and stopped dead in his tracks. His throat suddenly closed up and he couldn't talk, his heart started to beat irregular as he stared in disbelief.
"Hi."

PM LIST:

!n@$en+
Sydney Bristow 2300844
shotput25ash
smartaleck81
ChrisM
Addicted 2 Alias
Italian fan
alias_luver
Aliasrulz4ever
bristowbabe47
Lovygirl

that was really good, write more soon. and it better be sydney and not lauren, because if it is i jus tmight hav to hurt you no offense lol

I'm not sure i liked how this chapter turned out, so i might changed it a bit later on.

~Part III~
~The Angels Tears~

He stood there in utter disbelief. He wasn't sure if he was still sleeping and had just dreamt that he woke up, or, if this infact was real. Wheather it was reality or fantasy it made him stop functioning. He felt parallized from the top of his head to the bottom of his toes. In fact he wasn't even sure he was still breathing, his heart rate was at about 170 and he all of a sudden felt warm inside, like something just exploded within him. Millions of thoughts and questions ran through his mind, crowding any room for response. He was like a deer stuck in headlights, he just stood there, staring. His eyes travled around her face, she looked exactly the way he had remembered her, the shape of her jaw, her lips, her hair, and her eyes...god her eyes. He'd never seen anything more beautiful in his life. He had forgotten that he was only wearing a towel, but apparently she didn't. He watched as her eyes traveled down his defined chest and stomach, to his arms and to his shoulders. It was as if she had forgotten what he had looked liked, as if she was reminding herself of what she had left behind. Her eyes met his again and they just stared into eachother. She could see the pain in his eyes, that hurt, the anguish, the depression that was slowly eating away at his shattered soul. Her eyes got soft and sympathetic.
"What...." he just couldn't make a sentence with his words.
"How...."
"Not right now." She said softly. He felt his eyes start to tear up and the image he had of her got blury.
"This...isn't...this can't be....real." He said. He started to get anxious and looked down at the floor, he rubbed his forhead and started to breath hard.
"This....there's no way...." He said putting one hand on the doorframe to steady himself. She walked a bit closer and he backed away.
"No...this...you're not her." Vaughn said stumbling back into the room. She just stood in the doorway.
"But i am." She said. His bottom lip started to quiver as he backed into the wall. He hit it so hard that a picture the hung from the wall fell crashing to the ground, the glass breaking. Tears silently rolled down his face as he slid downward to the ground. His hand came to rest on a very sharpe broken peice of glass. It enbedded itself within his hand, but he felt no pain. He just kept staring at her as she stood about 10 feet away from him. He felt a warm sensation running down his hand. He turned his hand over while it was still on the ground and saw that his palm was covered with a thin coat of blood. He stared at it for a mintue, not making any attmept to stop the bleeding or take the jagged peice of glass out of his hand. Instead he looked back up at her. She was staring down at his hand, a horrified look on her face. She looked back into his eyes and took a deep breath. She started to take small steps toward him, he swallowed hard and watched her carefully. She got got within one foot of him and kneeled down on the ground, careful to avoid the glass. She slowly reached down to his hand and took it in her own. She looked up at him to see him still staring at her, as if he suddenly forgot who she was and what she was doing. While still looking at him she grabbed a hold of the long sharp sliver of glass and slowly pulled it out, he didn't flinch, he showed no sign of pain at all. She threw the peice of glass into the corner and held her hand on his to stop the bleeding.
"This is real." She said softly. He just stared into her eyes.
"How do i know you're really her?" He asked sceptical. She looked so sure of herself.
"Ask me a question." She said. He looked down and thought for a moment then looked back up at her.
"We were supposed to go on vacation, the night you....'died'...." he hated that word.
"Where were we going?" He asked. She answered without hesitation.
"Santa Barbara." She said. She could see that he still wasn't totally convinced.
"The first night we were 'together'. How many times did we make love?" He asked. She stared at him, utterly amazed.
"Three." She said. She saw his eyes start to get softer, as if he was trying to decided wheater to trust her.
"How do i know you aren't a double? How do i know you just don't conveniently know those answers?" Vaughn asked. She stared at him.
"What does your heart tell you?" She asked. He looked down.
"Stop listening to your head and listen to your heart." She whispered as she slowly leaned toward him. He could smell the perfume she was wearing, the same as it was two years ago, he didn't pull away as she got closer, even if he wanted to he couldn't. She kept moving closer until her lips met his in a soft kiss. Everything just melted away, the passion, the love, everything he had felt for her came flooding back, and it was a bit overwhelming. She pulled away slowly, just enough so she could look at him. He opened his eyes and looked at her.
"Sydney." He said, it was barley a whisper. As soon as that word left his tounge he started to sob openly, his body started to shake as he sat there, and she couldn't help but shed a few tears herself. She hugged him awkwardly as she still held onto his hand trying to stop the blood.
"Shhhh....i'm here now, i'm not leaving you again." She said. He held onto her as tight as he could, afraid that if he let her go she would disappear again, as she did so many other times in his dreams.
"You're supposed to be dead, i buired you." He cried. She closed her eyes.
"I'm so sorry, Vaughn." She said. They must have held eachother for a good half-hour before they both regained their composure and pulled back. She looked down at his hand to see that it had stopped bleeding.
"Come on." She said wiping the tears off her cheeks.
"Let's get you cleaned up." She said standing up, she helped him to his feet and walked into the bathroom. She put his hand over the sink and started to wash out his wound. He watched her as she did it.
"I still don't understand." He said. She looked up at him momentarily then went back to dressing his wound.
"My death was staged, i was kidnapped by a organization called the Covenant." She said.
"I got out of custody two months ago." She said. His forehead wrinkles appeared.
"Two months!?" He asked.
"Two months!! I've been here drinking myself to death because i thought you were dead and you tell me you've been back for two months!?" He asked. She wrapped up his hand with a white bandage.
"We couldn't find you." She said calmly.
"I told your father where i was going, he knew!" Vaughn said.
"Yeah, well he's in jail!" She yelled, totally losing herself.
"I've spent the last two months looking for you Vaughn!! Every second of everyday!!! I was in Venice until last night because i thought that's where you were, until i got a phone call from Eric saying that they had found you!!!" She yelled.
"What the hell was i supposed to do!? Why don't you tell me? I just found out i lost two years of my life! I didn't come here for you too yell....." She was stopped suddenly when his lips were on hers. She tried to push him away but got weaker after every attmept until she finally just gave in. She dropped the excess bandages in the sink and threw her arms around his neck. He pushed her back against the wall as she ran her fingers through his hair gently. His hand started to travel up the back of her shirt when the buzzer rang again. He pulled away and looked at the wall next to her head as if thinking for a moment.
"Madame Lenior." He said. He pulled away from her and walked to his closet, putting on a shirt and some pants. She followed him out.
"Who?" Sydney asked. He walked toward the door and looked back at her.
"I'm sorry." He said. He opened the door quickly and in popped Madame Lenior, holding a bowl full of pasta.
"Michael, i'm sorry i'm late, but i forgot to add the spices that you like so i had to go back and...." Madame Lenior stopped when she saw Sydney standing in the doorway of the bathroom. She looked back at Vaughn.
"Oh, i came at a bad time, yes?" madame Lenior asked. Vaughn looked over at Sydney. Lenior leaned toward Vaughn.
"She's not a prostitute is she?" Lenior asked. Vaughn's eyes got wide as he looked at her.
"Madame!" Vaughn said.
"Yes, i know." She looked back at Sydney.
"She's too beautiful to sell herself in that way." Lenior said. Vaughn sighed and put a hand over his face. Sydney tried not to laugh.
"Madame, could we please have dinner another day, this isn't the best time." Vaughn said. Madame Lenior nodded.
"Okay." She leaned toward Vaughn.
"Just remember to use pro....."
"Don't finish that sentence, please, for the love of God don't finish that sentence." Vaughn said. Lenior sighed and walked out of the room. Sydney laughed.
"Please tell me that is not your mother." Sydney said. Vaughn shook his head.
"No, no way in hell." He said. He walked back over to her.
"Now, where were we exactly?" He asked. She smiled as he leaned in and kissed her again. After a few moments she pushed him away slightly.
"We can't right now." She said. He leaned down and started kissing her neck.
"Sure we can." He said. She tried to gain control of herself.
"No, because there's a plane waiting to take us to Venice." She said. He pulled away and looked at her.
"Why?" He asked confused as to why they had to leave Paris.
"Because, it's safer there. The CIA has property, i'm staying at one of the houses they have." She said. He sighed.
"You mean, we're never coming back here?" He asked. She looked around at the apartment.
"Do you really want too?" She asked. He looked at everything in the room, it was dank and depressing.
"Just give me a few minutes." He said. She nodded and sat down at the edge of the bed. She looked at his nightstand and saw a peice of paper sticking out of one of the drawers. She looked behind her to make sure he wasn't there then pulled it out slowly. She was surpirsed to see it was a picture of her, the edges were warn indicating that it was handled alot. She ran her thumb across the surface but put the picture back in the drawer once she heard his footsteps. She turned around to see him come back with a small suitcase.
"One suitcase? That's all you have?" She asked. He set it on the bed and looked at her.
"I wasn't planning on living very long." He said. He walked to the nightstand and opened the drawer, he took the picture out quickly and stuck it in his back pocket. She watched him.
"Vaughn?" She asked. He turned to look at her.
"What?" He asked.
"Have you ever...." She couldn't say it, she tried too, but couldn't.
"Have you ever tried...to kill yourself?" She asked. He stopped and stared at her for a moment, he then looked down at his feet, she didn't need him to say anything, she had her answer right there.
"Michael...."
"I'm ready to go. Are you ready?" He asked picking up his suitcase. She sighed and stood up.
"Yeah." She said. He nodded and set his key on the pillow along with a note, he opened the front door and left his apartment for the last time.

It's sad how much i'm into this. lol. I'm already on writing the next chapter. lol. Anyway, i'm glad you guy's like it, it will most likely me about 12 chapters when it's done, seeing as it has to be 15,000 words. I'm at about 6,000 right now.

I am so happy to see that you've entered.
:P Can't wait to read the whole thing

ETA: I edited my first response because I was thinking of something else..so ignore what I wrote first.

Galicdreamer said:
I am so happy to see that you've entered
:P I can't wait to read the whole thing!!
[post="943307"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Okay, well it still may be that long, i'm not sure yet. lol. Thanks!

Could you add me to your PM list on this story too?

I'm so glad Sydney showed up when she did. I could imagine his shock, thinking she wasn't real- just a demented vision.

Chris

those two chapters were excellent! i'm so glad that it was sydney ^_^ . you expressed vaughn's shock very well. the scene with madame Lenior were hillarious :lol: . btw thanks for the PM.

(y) Dat was really good!!!!!!!!

~FlashBack~

"Vaughn?" She asked. He still didn't answer. She turned her head to look at him slightly. He swallowed and opened his mouth, it took him a moment to find the right words, the truth was the words found him.
"Love." He said.
"What?" She asked staring at him.
"When i kiss you like that, it's when i'm falling in love with you again." He said. She sat up and turned around to look him straight in the eye.
"What do you mean? Again?" She asked. He sighed.
"There are moments, when i just watch you, just...everything about you. I can't explain the feeling i get, but in my heart i know i'm falling in love with you all over again." He said. A single tear left her eye.
"That's why i kiss you like that." He said. She was silent. He smiled trying to lighten the mood.
"So now you know how many times i've fallen for you. Everytime i think it can't get any better, it does." He said. She just stared at him, the love in her eyes was overwhelming. He brushed a piece of wet hair out of her face.
"I love you." He said.
"Never forget that." He said. She shook her head.
"I never will." She said.
"Ever."

Dat was BEYOND cute!!! lol. I'm sooooo glad Syd n Vaughn found each otha!!!

Can i please have a PM wen u update?

Aly xx

Back