~Times Like These~

who got shot, who got shot?!?!?! oww that was such an evil cliffhanger. i hope you update soon. btw thanks for the PM.

Vaughn's been away from the CIA too long and/or over time the booze has affected his reflexes. Normally, Vaughn would've had that guy's face smashed against the brick wall or a knife would've been in his throat. Syd's reaction was slow too. Tsk, tsk they need to work on their defense skills.

I loved the restaurant scene. I'm sure Vaughn would've had a beautiful voice. I've heard MV sing and I know he does.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Oh my.... :eek: !! Evil cliffhanger!!
I love the way you write!

i have nothing agasint italians. just for referance. if they were in france it would have been a french guy, same with any other country.]

I am Italian....and don't worry!! ;)

Okay, the last chapter that i posted is going to be done, just the last part. Because i read it then i read your reply's and you guys are right, neither of them would act like that. So i'm in the porcess of revising it.

Sydney Bristow 2300844 said:
i'm actually crying. *wipes away tears* sydney isn't dead. i refuse to belive that. 🇳🇴
[post="949384"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Hun, if i wasn't limited on words she wouldn't be, but i'm afraid there's no crazy twist to this one. I was crying too. :(

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? THen you better write a sequel where she comes back! or.....or.....or......or i'll think of somehting.....i'll send derevko after you and vaughn won't protect you. she'll take out the batteries first!

lol. Well, you're really going to hate me for the next part then. lol. You'll send Derevko, Slaone, Sark and Allison.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooo
i just read this whole thing
syd cant die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why god why!???

ok i'm fully crying now! :depressed:

Just caught up. You are the best writer. Unbelievable! The flashback scenes are so great. So romantic. I hope Syd is o.k. That was a nasty cliffhanger. Please PM me. ;)

Omg!! No! That was so sad!! :(
Great chapter, though. :smiley: I loved the flashback in the bar!
Thanks for the PM! I cant wait for more!

~Part VI~
~A Final Goodbye~

He sat there at the table, looking over the funeral arrangments once again. He knew what she wanted, she wanted to be free, be at peace, so he decided creamation was the best step in that direction. This time it was real, he was really buring her, he was really saying goodbye. He signed the papers and set them on the table. Waiting for the funeral coordinater to come back. He played with the paperclip the held the papers together, unable to believe she was really gone this time. His best friend sat next to him, silent, looking down at the floor. Eric Weiss always had something to say, usually they were smarta** comments. But at this time he was totally silent. He looked at his friend and saw him squezzing the paper clip hard in his hand. He knew the anger he held inside of himself, once again he felt as if he was respobsible for Sydney's death, he felt he could have saved her, but didn't. Once he made up his mind it was hard to get through to him, it was hard the first time, the second time would be utterly impossible. He watched as Vaughn's hand started to shake, turning white from holding the paperclip so tightly in his palm. Then he just exploded. He stood up and threw it across the room, swipping the papers off the desk and kicking the leg of the chair. He started to cry as he slid down one of the walls. Weiss stood up and stared down at him, the sympathy he felt for his friend was growing to unbeliveable amount.
"Why did he have to take her!? Why?" He asked as he started to sob. Wiess kneeled down next to his friend and put a hand on his shoulder, squezzing it lightly.
"I don't know, Mike. I don't know, but she's in a better place, you have to believe that." Wiess said.
"She was in a better place when she was with me." Vaughn cried. Weiss sighed.
"You have to stop being slefish, Michael." Weiss said. Vaughn looked up when Eric said his full first name, he'd never once heard Eric call him that.
"She's at peace now, she's not suffering, she's happy, and part of you should be too." He said softly. Vaughn sniffled as he wipped away his tears.
"I should have protected her, i should have died, not her." He said. Weiss shook his head.
"Mike, everything happens for a reason, it was her time to go." Weiss said.
"You can't change fate." Vaughn looked up at him.
"I don't believe in fate anymore." He said. Weiss sighed and stood up. The funeral cordinater walked back in and looked around, seeing the papers sprawled on the floor. He looked to Weiss then down at a once again broken Vaughn. He slowly picked up the papers and sat down behind the desk.
"Okay, everything is set then, um....she's downstairs. Would like to say a final good-bye before she's prepared?" he asked. Vaughn stood up.
"Prepared?" Vaughn asked.
"Here we go." Weiss said to himself.
"You talk about her like she's a damn TURKEY!!! What the f*** is your problem!! She's a human being, don't talk about her like she's...." Weiss pulled Vaughn towards the door.
"Come on buddy." Vaughn kept going.
"....just another job to you!! BECAUSE SHE WASN'T TO ME!!" He yelled as Weiss finally got him out of the office. He pushed Vaughn against the wall.
"Settle down!" Weiss yelled.
"He's talking about her like....."
"I know, but you have to settle down. She wouldn't want it like this, you know that." Weiss said. Vaughn took a deep breath and looked away from his friend.
"Now, do you want to go see her one last time?" Weiss asked. Vaughn thought for a moment.
"I'm only saying good-bye to her once." He said. Weiss waited for his decision.
"Okay." He said.
"You're sure?" Weiss asked. Vaughn nodded. Weiss put his hand on his friends shoulder and led him down to the morgue. He waited at the door as Vaughn said his final good-byes. He walked up to the table and looked down at her, she was still wearing the same clothes and she looked just as beautful as she always had, except for the fact that she was a bit more pale. It bothered him to not see her moving, to not see her chest move up and down with every breath. Tears filled his eyes as he took her hand in his. He closed his eyes for a moment and prayed silently, his head hanging to the ground. When he was done he looked back up at her. His thumb running across the back of her hand.
"I love you." He said.
"And i'm sorry, i should be the one on this table, not you." He shook his head.
"I know you want me to move on, but i can't, it's just....it's not possible, not for me. And i know if you were in my position you would be just as stubborn." He looked down at her hand.
"I can't do this, i can't go through everyday without you again. I know you want me to live on, but i can't...i won't." He said. He leaned down slowly and planted a kiss on her forehead.
"I love you, Sydney. Wait for me." He said. He turned around and walked to where Weiss was without looking back.
"Take me to her place." Vaughn said. Weiss nodded and drove his friend to Sydney's new house, which was only a few houses away from his own. He pulled into her driveway.
"You want me to come in." Weiss asked looking over at his friend. Vaughn shook his head as he took his seatbealt off.
"No, i just want to be alone." He said. Weiss nodded.
"Well, if you need anything...."
"I know, Eric, thanks...for everything." Vaughn said looking at him. Weiss watched as his frined got out of the car. Vaughn's words kept running through his head. 'For everything'. Vaughn walked up to the front door and opened it slowly. He flipped on the light and closed the door. He looked around the room, looking at all of the unpacked boxes she had around the house, everything was brand new, everything. Which made him even more sad. He went to the fridge and took out a beer, he walked down the hallway to her bedroom and opened the door. Everything was set up in that room. It was as if she'd been living in that room for years. He set his beer on the nightstand and walked to her closet. He took out one of her sweaters and brought it up to his face, taking in her scent. He closed his eyes as if trying to memorize her perfume. He went to the bed and laid down. He looked up at the cieling as he still held her sweater close to him. He knew where she slept, she always took the left side of the bed, and his was always the right. He smiled remembering how protective she was of her spot. He looked over to the empty space next to him, in his mind he was imagining her lying there next to him, smiling as they cuddled up together. But that was only a dream, something he wished could have happened, but never would. He sat up and looked around, he found a jorunal she used for writing down work stuff and he took out a peice of paper and a pen, he began to write.

Whoever is reading this right now is obviosuly too late. There's too much that i can't explain, to many things i'm feeling right now. I don't want people to feel sorry for me, that's the last thing it want. I actually want people to be happy for me, for both of us. Because after i'm done writing this i'll be in a better place, i'll be with her. I hold too much pain in my heart to go on, too much love for her not to be with her. That's why i'm saying goodbye. I'm sorry to my friends and family if i've done anything to embarass you, especially this. But it's the only way i can be happy, it's the only way i can be with her, and it's the only way to stop the suffering. Weiss, if you're the one that's reading this i want you to promise me something, promise me that people won't forget what a great person Sydney was, what a great agent, she deserves to be remembered, forever and for always. She's changed the lives of everyone around her, don't ever let anyone ruin her good name. And make sure she gets more than just a star on a wall. I'm not doing this out of my own greif or because suicide is the only way out, i'm doing this because i know it's the only way i can be with her and be happy again. Yesterday was the first time i've smiled in two years, the first time i've laughed, and it was all because she was there. I can't be happy here, that's why i'm leaving, for good this time. I'm sorry, for everyone whose ever loved us, thank you, you know who you are. We both love you all. This is my final goodbye.

He stopped writing, poking the pen at the end of the sentence to make a period. He then signed it and folded it up. He sat up slowly and layed it on her pillow. He stood up and looked for the object that he knew she kept under her bed. He kneeled down and pulled out a black box and opened it, revealing a standard issued CIA pistol. He took it out of the box and loaded one bullet into the cartridge. He pushed the box back under the bed and stuck the gun in the back of his pants. He walked around the house one more time, then made his way out the back and toward the beach. He walked towards the rocks where no one else was and stood at he edge, watching the waves crash along them. He took out the gun and looked up at the setting sun.
"I love you Sydney. I'm coming." He said. He lifted the gun to his head, cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger without a second thought.
BOOM!
He opened his eyes. He felt the cool trail of sweat rolling down his face and his breathing was labored. He looked down to see blankets wrapped around him, he noticed that was the only thing covering his body. He heard something move next to him and looked over at the person sitting next to him.
"What's wrong?" She asked. He yelled and fell out of the bed onto the hard floor. She crawled to his side and looked over the edge of the bed.
"Vaughn! What's wrong with you?" She asked again. He backed away from the bed a little and looked up at her.
"You're....you're not real." He said. She gave him a confused look.
"Sure i'm not." She said. She saw the terrified look on his face and got up, bringing the blanket with her as she kneeled down next to him.
"Michael, what's wrong?" She asked brushing the hair away from his forehead.
"What's today's date?" He asked. She shrugged.
"I....May 5th." She said.
"Year?" He asked.
"Okay, you're really starting to scare me." She said getting worried.
"What year?" He asked.
"2003, what year would it be?" She asked. He looked around.
"Where are we?" He asked. Tears started to sting her eyes.
"Santa Barbara. Why don't you remember any of this?" She asked scared. He looked up at her.
"I...i had a nightmare, but...it was so real." He said. She helped him up off the ground and got to the bed, she sat next to him.
"What about?" She asked. He looked down at his hands.
"You." he said. He shook his head.
"He killed you." Vaughn said. She took his hand and rubbed the back of his neck with the other.
"Who?" She asked.
"The Italian pervert." Vaughn said. Sydney rasied an eyebrow. trying not to laugh at how it sounded.
"An Italian pervert killed me?" She asked trying to believe it. He stood up.
"I'm glad you find it funny." He said. He tied the blanket around his waist and walked out onto the balcony. Leaning agasint the railing, he watched the ocean spalsh up on the beach. He sighed heavily and closed his eyes, trying to shake everything off, telling himself it was just a nightmare. He felt a pair of arms around his stomach, which instantly warmed him yet sent shivers up his spine. She rested her chin on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry, you're right, it's not funny." She said. Tears started to fall down his cheeks and he sniffled a little. She pulled away from him and walked to stand next to him. She puts her hand on his cheek and turned his face towards her. He didn't look at her, instead he looks at the ground. She sees the tears.
"Oh....Vaughn." She takes him in her arms.
"I'm so sorry." She said rubbing the back of his head lightly. He buried his face in her neck.
"I thought i lost you." He said. She pulled back a little bit.
"Never, you'll never lose me, i promise." She said wipping his tears away. He caught a glimpse of the shiny silver ring on her left hand ring finger and looked at her, his tears stopped.
"You don't remember this either do you?" She asked showing the ring. He looked down.
"I'm sorry...i think i'm just worked up right now." He said. She nodded.
"Yeah, i know. Just forget about the nightmare, that's all it was." She said. She lifted his chin and smiled at him, he smiled back.
"You're so amazing." He said getting lost in her, it was apparent that he had already forgotten about the nightmare. She laughed.
"Well i think i get that from you." She said poking his chest. He laughed and pulled her too him again.
"I love you." He said softly. She rested her head on his chest as they both looked out at the sun that was starting to peak out of the horizon.
"I love you too." She said. She held onto him a bit tighter.
"I think October 1st is a great day to get married." He said out of the blue. She looked up at him.
"What?" She asked. He smiled and looked down at her.
"Well, that's an important day for us, it'd make it even more special if we got married that day." He said. She smiled up at him.
"And you say i'm the amazing one." She said. She leaded up and kissed him softly. He pulled away after a few moments.
"I'm going to take a shower, why don't you order some roomservice." He said. She smiled.
"Good idea, we didn't get to have dinner yesterday, we skipped right to dessert." She said raising an eyebrow.
"Get in there." He said as he spanked her butt as she walked inside, she laughed and plopped down on the bed, picking up the phone. She winked at him as he walked back in, he shook his head and walked into the bathroom. He stood in the shower thinking as the hot water washed his worries away. The fact that everything was all a bad dream had made it a bit easier to forget about, and the fact that he was engaged to the most beautiful woman on earth helped alot too. He smiled at the thought, he was getting married, he was finally getting married to someone he loved more than life itself. He could picture the ceremony in his head, the wedding on the beach with only their close family and friends, their vacation to Hawaii. Life was definatly making up for all the bad stuff that has happened to them in the past, it was finally their turn to be happy. He now started to realize why he dreamnt about losing her, it was because, up to that point, he'd taken having her in his life for granted. He knew he shouldn't, yet he still did. It shouldn't have taken him to have a nightmare in order to realize how much he loved her, how much he needed her in his life. He stared at the shower wall for a moment, a smile growing on his lips. He turned off the shower and got out, putting a pair of shorts on he opened the bathroom door and found Sydney laying on the bed watching a rerun of saturday night live. She looked down at him brefily then looked up at the tv.
"It's 6:00 in the morning, i thought this show was supposd to be on at night." She said confussed. He smiled and and threw the towel in the hamper, he walked toward the end of the bed and crawled towards her, successfully laying on top of her. She smiled and put the controller down.
"What's this?" She asked.
"What's what?" He asked as he started to kiss her neck. She closed her eyes.
"Vaughn, room service is going to be here in 30 minutes." She said. He planted kisses on her collarbone.
"Screw roomservice." He said. He kissed her shoulder.
"Screw the CIA, Screw Kendall, Screw your father, hell....screw protocol." He said. She laughed.
"Screw 'em all!" He said laughing. She smiled and kissed him soflty.
"I like your attitude." She said. He smiled and took the pillow from out under her head.
"Thank you." He said as he laid her flat. He pulled back slightly and looked at her neck, he picked up the small silver locket in his fingers.
"What's this?" He asked. She smiled.
"Open it." She said. He careful pried it open and looked at the pictures closely.
"My dad gave it to me after my mom left, that's them in the picture." She said. He looked up at her.
"I don't understand. You never wear this." He said searching her eyes for an explantion. She smiled.
"I know, but something changed my mind, although they defianlty aren't good parents, they still love me." She said. He nodded and closed the locket.
"You know, we still have to talk about her." Syd said. He shook his head.
"No, i'm done living in the past. I want to focus on the future. Our future." He said. She smiled as he kissed her again. Everything happens for a reason, Eric's words went through his mind as they made love that morning, he was right, everything does happen for a reason, and it took one bad dream to make him realise something simple... It's times like these that you learn how to live...and how to love...again.

FIN

thank you for the ahppy ending!!!!! i was crying too, but i loved the "she's not a turkey!" joke! that had me laughing!

loved the ending!!! can you write a sequel?

:notworthy: great story!

Sydney Bristow 2300844 said:
thank you for the ahppy ending!!!!! i was crying too, but i loved the "she's not a turkey!" joke! that had me laughing!

loved the ending!!!  can you write a sequel?

:notworthy: great story!
[post="949952"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, i liked the turkey joke too. lol. See, i didn't kill anyone. I'm 26 words over the limit, so i have to find stuff to get rid of. It's gonna be hard.

Okay you really had me going with that, and it was all a dream. It made me cry. That was a very good ending. Thanks for much for the update and the pm.

Fantastic! I was bawling my head off when Vaughn asked Syd to wait for him. I really thought you were serious there for awhile! You are such an amazing writer, JJ needs to hire you! ;)

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVED IT!!!!
when vaughn wrote the note.. omg i was crying then :depressed:
but taht was so sweet! they are getting married october 1st :love:
exclent story (y) :D

Back