Tippin's taking his leave...

As I was saying, just when the character was fleshed out, he disappeared.
He had evolved into a fairly sophisticated presence, with his saavy analysis in CIA op meetings.
But was he somehow considered redundant in terms of Vaughn, Weiss or Marshall?
Best,
MC

I read somewhere that Bradley was not really happy with the direction his character was going in, though he always maintained that he loved Alias and the cast of Alias.

I think it was difficult for him to really have no storyline independent of the main character, and this is just me speculating here, but he probably wanted to either play a field agent with a little bit of action like in Remnants, or he just wanted to move on and develop a new character. Maybe he felt there wasn't a lot of future character development for Will Tippin.

I also read once that he said TV can be difficult sometimes b/c if the audience does not warm to a character, i.e. Will in Season 1, the writers may let that dictate how they write the character.

Yea, i think i read somewhere that they (Bradley and the writers) didn't really have much to do with Will independently from Syd and stuff and Bradley didn't really wnna be "used". He loves the character Will though and says he'd love to play him more but he just doen't want to pop up every so often to give Syd some info and then go again.

And yea, it was hard cos a lot of people never truly warmed to him (CRAZY i know!) Especially in season one when the writers tried to flesh out the whole "kate Jones" storyline but viewers just got annoyed at Will's naivity, apparently.

So yea, i don't think he necessarily WANTED Will to go, but he didn't want to keep him round just for the novelty of having him there sitting at a desk or whatever.

I think that sux personally!
Maybe if Will had become more of a field agent or something it would've been easier to keep him. But you never know, if Alias gets a few more seasons, maybe the writers would be able to use the whole witness protection and "jonah" thing to bring him back to the agency in a more exciting role. hmm, just food for thought....

Luv Rachxxx :angelic:

Back