Tired if Studying?

Existentialist said:
Ugh... SATs... never took them. ^_^ Most colleges actually accept the ACTs now, so I just took those.

I think in the PSATs, my score landed in the top 35 percentile. I know I was close to getting into that whole national merit thing... or something.

1300? In 8th grade? :blink: Wow. My dad got a 1520 when he took it as a junior.

Darn, can't do the paper on why Augustine sucks. It has to be on an issue or topic discussed in class. :rolleyes:
well bring it up in class this week...then you guys will have discussed it :bond:

Existentialist said:
Ugh... SATs... never took them. ^_^ Most colleges actually accept the ACTs now, so I just took those.

I think in the PSATs, my score landed in the top 35 percentile. I know I was close to getting into that whole national merit thing... or something.

1300? In 8th grade? :blink: Wow. My dad got a 1520 when he took it as a junior.

Darn, can't do the paper on why Augustine sucks. It has to be on an issue or topic discussed in class. :rolleyes:
some people are smart... :lol: i don't even care nowadaaaays baby... i want make it in Vegas :woot:

:thinking:

:laughbounce: Nance! You crack me up.

And I don't know how my dad managed a 1520 on the SAT. Considering exactly how much of a goof-off he was during HS.

Haha Mo... I can just see me raising my hand tmo and saying, "Augustine stinks. And here are the reasons why..." And the prof saying, "um... what does this have to do with Descartes' meditations?" And then me: "Nothing. But now since it's been discussed in class, I can write my paper on it." ^_^

Hm... how much will you pay me? ;) :laughbounce:

Okay. My paper topic. Ties between the argument of anamnesis in Phaedo and Jung's idea of the collective unconscious. Maybe. I'll have to see if my prof will find that acceptable.

anyone know if Oxygen and Carbon create a nonpolar/polar or partially polar covalent bond?

ooooooooooh why do i caaaaaaaaaaaaaare.. vegas is my destination.

leah... you crack me up too :D :lol:

Hahahaaa riiight, Mo. ;)

We just discussed anamnesis (which is just the theory that every new bit of info isn't learned but recollected.. it has to do with the soul being immortal) a lot in class.. and then I was like obsessed with Jung for a while. :lol:

Existentialist said:
Hahahaaa riiight, Mo. ;)

We just discussed anamnesis (which is just the theory that every new bit of info isn't learned but recollected.. it has to do with the soul being immortal) a lot in class.. and then I was like obsessed with Jung for a while. :lol:
*gives Leah 25 dollars to go away* you are making me feel stupid :lol: :stupid:

nance said:
leah are you serious when you said that the SATs aren't required? :thud:
Some high schools require them to graduate, I think. My HS required the ACT. But if it's possible, I say take the ACT. It's easier, and most east coast colleges accept them. I'm not sure about west coast schools though...

:shuts up for Mo's sake: But remember, I'm older than you. And i have my notes from class sitting next to me. ^_^

Arggg!!! I can't do my paper on parallels between Jung's collective unconscious and the argument in Phaedo about anamnesis. It would require too much Jung research, and he doesn't want us to research, I don't think. :o_O:

Okay... I'm going to see if I have this right... plus, I'm going to go to my professor and make sure that I've interpreted what Augustine said correctly.

Just like we have a notion on what happiness is before we are happy, we have a notion of what wisdom is before we are wise. Wisdom and number are often associated with eachother, but wisdom is better because even material objects have number, but wisdom is only contained in rational souls. But wisdom gave everything numbers. But even if the link between wisdom and number cannot be known, Augustine says that it is undeniable that both are unchangeably true. Wisdom is the highest truth. Wisdom therefore is truth, which exists. Truth is not equal to the mind, because if it were, it would be changeable (the mind is changeable), which it is not. So therefore, truth isn't equal or inferior to the mind, so it must be superior. Augustine says that god exists because he is truth itself, and truth exists.

I have a few problems with this... how do we know that god is truth? And in his argument in his book, he seems to take for granted that at least a higher being exists, but he never bothers to prove that.

Back