TMJ?

ne1 else have TMJ? that jaw problem? cause i have it and i know at least a dozeon more people who have it. if so how bad is urs? what is it like? ne1 getting treatment for it?

mine gives me headahces al lthe time and my jaw is sore alot and clicks alot. my ears crack on the inside. lol i have a braces thats s-l-o-l-y fixing it i geuss

I think I have TMJ. I never had any test done.

My jaw pops, click, and locks up. That's scary when my jaw locks up, and I hate it. :angry:

:lol:
I found the info on a website. There are so many websites about TMJ :D

TMJ stands for "temporomandibular joint." Everyone has both a right and a left temporomandibular, or jaw, joint. Diseases affecting the temporomandibular joint are known by several names including TMD and TMJ. The media and the general public usually use the abbreviation "TMJ" to refer to temporomandibular joint disease. The research and health care communities may use "TMD" to indicate the same set of problems. As patient advocates, we will refer to diseases of the jaw joint as TMJ.

TMJ refers to a group of medical and dental conditions that affect the temporomandibular joint, the muscles that move the jaw, and other tissues in the area where the lower jaw connects to the skull. The temporomandibular joint is one of the most complex and active joints in the body. TMJ diseases are often painful and can seriously impair the functions and sensations of the face, jaw, mouth, ears, neck, and shoulders.

Here is url if you want to read the rest: http://www.tmj.org/faq.asp

Back