To learn and teach

Hey,

Halfway through last year I had an idea for a story and I started posting it under the title "A change of season".
Unfortunately I didn't have the time to continue writing on it because of school, so I let it go for awhile and I recently started to work on it again. I already have 6 chapters written and I have the storyline up until chapter 19. All I have to do is write it out.
Now some off you might have already read the first chapter because of the fact that I posted it before so those of you who did, also got a pm for it.
I really hope you'll like this story as much as I do. :smiley:

Rating: PG-13
The information you need about the story is on the second picture for this fic :D

Lots of love,

frontpage1.jpg
08451306.jpg

Vaughn’ POV

I’m sitting here on my bed in my bedroom while I can hear the noises of all the people I invited, downstairs.
In normal occasions I would be happy to join them but this time I just couldn’t.
I had to get away from all their words and looks, it was just too much for me.
For some reason I don’t think they can blame me for escaping because they all knew that it was hard for me and that I needed to be alone for awhile.
So now I’m sitting here, alone with my thoughts and myself and as I look outside the window in my room, I can’t help but think that the weather reflects exactly how I feel.
It’s early October and the autumn has just set in and the once so beautiful green leafs on the oak tree in the garden, start to fall down onto the ground and sink into the earth until there’s nothing left. And that’s how I feel…
I feel like I’m going down with every single leaf and that slowly but surely I am disappearing too.
And as I’m sitting here I can’t stop thinking about my dad.
I think of him a lot but this time, I’m thinking about him more strongly.
He was a great man, my dad.
He was always there when things got rough and he did everything he could to help others when they needed him.
He was a loving father and a dedicated husband and I loved and still love him a lot.
The only thing he had done wrong in his whole life, was leaving me and my mother too early.
I still remember the day that the doctor told us that there was nothing more they could do.
My father had died on his fortieth life year by the cause of a simple metal object.
My dad had been a police officer and he always did what was right, only that day he had better chosen the wrong thing to do…
There had been a robbery at a bank and my dad had been part of the team to go in.
When one of the men fired a shot on a pregnant woman, my dad was the one to jump in front of her and by saving that woman’s life and the baby, he ended his.
There isn’t a day that goes by without thinking of him or the greatest lesson he has ever taught me.
I still remember that day as if it was yesterday…
It was the Summer in which I had my first girlfriend and I remember that he and I were standing in the garden when he suddenly placed his arm around my shoulder and said to me “I know that you might think I’m crazy but there is something I need to tell you about love. With every great love, comes a great loss. No matter who you love and when.”
And when I asked him why he had said it, he told me that he didn’t want me to get hurt and that one day I would understand it.
I didn’t read much into it at that time but now I know that he couldn’t have been more right.
I did fell in love and she was the greatest, she was the love of my life.
Laryssa and I meet on a plain trip to London about four years ago.
As a field officer of the Central Intelligence Agency, I had been assigned to go on a mission to London to retrieve some information about a guy. The mission had been very successful but also very exhausting and I was glad to be able to go back home so the minute the plane took off, I was planning on getting some sleep. But as fate wanted it, I never got to go to sleep because as it turned out I was seated next to a girl of about my age who was afraid of flying.
She didn’t have to tell me because the minute we got into some turbulence, she started shifting uneasily in her seat and when I looked at her, I could see that she was close to tears.

Flashback

“Are you okay, miss?” And even though I already knew the answer to my question, I wanted her to talk to me so that maybe she would start to feel at ease a bit.
“Not really, I guess I’m just not very into flying.”
“Is this your first time?”
“Second actually…I had to fly to London too and it was as bad as it is now. It’s like a massive torture.”
“Is there anything I can do?”
“That’s very kind of you to offer but I don’t think that anything can help me.”
“What if I can distract you?”
“Distract me? How?”
“By talking…would it help if we kept talking? Maybe you will forget your angst a bit then.”
“Well, I can try.”
“Okay. By the way, I’m Michael Vaughn.” And that’s when he saw her smile for the first time. It was a beautiful smile that went all the way up to her eyes.
“Laryssa Mackenzie.”
“It’s nice to meet you Laryssa.”
“It’s nice to meet you too.”
“So what do you do for a living?”
“I’m a teacher at a blind school near Los Angeles. What about you?” And that’s when he had to lie because there was no way on earth he could tell her what his real job was.
“I work for the bureau at state.”
“Wow.”
“Yeah.” And soon we had gotten ourselves into a comfortable conversation and by the time we landed back in Los Angeles, we had already exchanged our phone numbers.

End of flashback

After a few phone calls, we started dating and soon we realized how much we were in love.
We were happy together and she made me even more happier when she agreed to become my wife. By the time we got married; she knew about my job for the CIA and we no longer had any secrets.
She respected what I did and she never asked me anything more then I was allowed to say.
Laryssa and I shared everything: our body; our souls, our hopes and fears and our love.
There’s only one thing that she wasn’t able to share with me and that’s my loss…
My dad had been right.
The love we had was great, but my loss is even bigger and I don’t know how I will get over this.
Why did she have to leave me? Why her? Why did that car have to hit her?
These are only a few of the million questions I ask myself every night while I cry myself to sleep.
And I know that I will ask these questions until my heart and mind find rest again.

I’m still alone with my thoughts until I feel a soft hand on my shoulder and as I look up, I look into the sad eyes of my mother.
I suddenly know how she must have felt when my dad died and I respect her even more now.
“It’s time to go now Michael.” And all I can do is nod and follow her downstairs to join the rest.
All her friends and family will help me to fulfil the last wish of my wife.
She had always loved the sea so she had wished to be spread out at sea and that’s what we were going to do.
The life of Laryssa Vaughn would end in sea but the memory of her would always live further in our hearts and souls, no matter what.
She would always be a part of us, a part of me.
She would always be on my mind, in my heart and in my soul.
She would never, ever be forgotten…

Give me a reason to believe that you're gone
I see your shadow so I know they're all wrong
Moonlight on the soft brown earth
It leads me to where you lay
They took you away from me but now I'm taking you home

I will stay forever here with you
My love
The softly spoken words you gave me
Even in death our love goes on

Some say I'm crazy for my love, Oh my love
But no bonds can hold me from your side, Oh my love
They don't know you can't leave me
They don't hear you singing to me

And I can't love you, anymore than I do

People die, but real love is forever.

:blush:

Next update will be next week on thursday
As always, reviews are appreciated.
If you want on or off the pm list just let me know

I'd like to thank everyone who has reviewed already :smiley:
Thanks a lot for the kind words and for encouraging me.
Thank you

updated pm list

ballerina
Benzmine
derevkointraining
grassyass
KAliasGirl
MH55995
sydneymicheal
sparklingrainbow
syd26
texasalias2004