To Love Her and Loathe Her

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>A/N: Hey folks! Sorry for the delay! I've been pretty busy, but by this time next week, I'll have all the time in the world! Anyway, here is the next chapter: </span>

Chapter 4 ~ Get it Done, Part 1

They had been walking down the streets of Paris for a few minutes, and neither one of them had said a word to each other; Vaughn was determined not to say anything that could make him an easy target, and Sydney was determined to keep her mouth closed, get this mission over with, go home, and take a nice, long bath.

“I’m doing pretty good so far,” Vaughn thought, looking over at Sydney. “She hasn’t ridiculed me yet. Maybe she’s… no, that’s not it.”

“Keep your mouth shut and keep walking. The sooner this is over with, the sooner you can go home and be alone,” she thought.

They were almost at their destination, and they both knew that The Vision would probably be expecting them, which made it impossible to get close to the defector in a tactical van without being noticed.

Out of nowhere, Sydney began to growl in frustration.

“Are you just going to keep walking and not say anything to me!?” Sydney asked, clearly annoyed.

“I don’t believe it! You’re always telling me to shut up, and now you want me to talk to you!?” he asked, equally annoyed.

“I don’t like talking to you, but I can’t stand to be neglected! I get enough of that from my father!” she shouted.

“Fine, what do you want to talk about!?” he asked.

“I don’t care! Anything!”

He closed his mouth to think for a second. What was he interested in? More importantly, what was she interested in?

“Herself,” he thought.

“So, uh, what was your childhood like?” he asked.

“What!? Why do you care!? It’s none of your damn business!” she shouted.

“I don’t understand you! You ask me to talk to you, so I do, and then you throw a fit! What is wrong with you!?” he asked, or more like shouted.

She pushed her way past him and continued walking.

“She was probably one of those spoiled children who got whatever she wanted, except for daddy’s attention…” he said to himself.

He tried not to be angry, and think of things from her point of view, except there was one problem; he couldn’t! He didn’t do anything wrong!

Regardless of what he thought, he knew it was best to swallow his pride and apologize, because then he could get this mission done, and she would be one his good side.

“Hey!”

Sydney hated talking about her childhood, because there was so much pain; her mother died when she was six, leaving her behind, along with her baby sister and her father. Her father was always away and he never had any time for her, and her sister was sent away to a private school, so she only saw her on holidays and sometimes during the summer. She never had anyone to talk to.

“Damn, there goes my thought of getting through this without a problem…” she mumbled.

She didn’t hate Vaughn, she just liked to tease him; he was such an easy target, plus, he had the hotts for her, which made him perfect for her to annoy. He wasn’t bad looking either. In fact, she thought he was one of the best looking guys she had ever seen. Why did she treat him this way? She didn’t know.

“How dare he… stupid moron… asking such a personal question…” she mumbled.

“Hey!” he shouted, running up to her.

“Listen, whatever I did, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you,” he said.

Sydney looked away, not knowing how to respond; she wasn’t used to someone being sorry, and it wasn’t what she wanted. That left her with no reason to be mad at him, and she didn’t like it.

“Whatever. Let‘s just get it done…” she replied.

Jack Bristow had just landed in Madagascar, and, like her promised, was dialing his daughter’s cell phone.

“Hi, this is Sydney! I’m either too busy to answer my phone, or I simply just don’t like you, and am purposely avoiding your call. Either way, leave a message, and I’ll try to get back to you, but I’m not making any promises.”

“Sydney, this is your father. I’m just calling to tell you that I landed safely, and that I’m heading out in a few minutes t start my mission. I should be back in two weeks, but I can’t be sure. Please try not to fight with everyone, and be good. I’ll talk to you later,” he said, hanging up.

That was his Sydney; she’d always say “I’m not rude or judgmental… I’m just brutally honest!” She was right, though. She didn’t try to be rude or judgmental, she just had a really big mouth and believed that she could express her opinion at any time.

“Is that him?” Sydney asked, pointing to some French guy trying to look cool.

“I think it is. There is only one way to find out. If it is him, please promise me that you’ll try not to ma-”

“You shouldn’t talk to yourself. People will wonder,” she said, looking back at him.

She was already half way there!

Vaughn dashed to catch up with her.

“Don’t just leave me!” he said.

“Then stop rambling! It isn’t my first time on the job! I know what to do!"

Sydney approached the man.

“Excuse me? Do you have any cigarettes? I just ran out, and my lover doesn’t have any on him either,” she said.

“That’s it… this b***h has gone too far…” he thought.

“I’ve got none on me, I just quit,” he replied.

“Good for you. I’ve been trying for months but I can’t seem to stop the craving,” Sydney said.

The man looked around, making sure nobody was watching.

“Were you followed?” he asked.

“No, we’re good. Let’s talk,” Sydney said.

“These are my terms; I am to be brought back to America in one piece, I am to have a nice, fancy mansion in California where my enemies can’t find me, and-”

“Wait a sec, pal! You never said that!” Sydney shouted.

“Shut the hell up and hear him out!” Vaughn shouted back at her.

“Keep your mouth closed, junior, I can handle this,” she retorted.

She directed her attention back to her “friend.”

“First, let us get you to America. We can talk later,” Sydney explained.

“Sure. Good idea,” he replied.

The three of them began walking off towards the direction of their tactical van.

Kendall and Dixon monitored the entire thing attentively, searching for any sign of The Vision.

“Do you think they would show up?” Dixon asked.

“If they know about their traitorous friend, I’ll bet you one million dollars their already there. Keep watching,” Kendall replied, taking his headset off and walking away.

“Where the hell are they!? Why aren’t they making their move yet!? They have to be there, so what’s taking them so long!?” he asked himself.

“Director Kendall! We just lost communication and satellite footage!” Dixon shouted.

“Damn it!”

Their tactical van was approaching them, and they both knew they were home free.

“We’ve got him,” Vaughn said, as the van pulled up in front of them.

They opened the doors, but they didn’t see what they were expecting to see. Instead, they saw three men with pistols aiming right at them!

They fired at their defector friend, who took a bullet to the head, and fell dead.

“We have to go!” Vaughn shouted, grabbing Sydney’s hand and breaking into an all-out sprint.

They continued to fire at them, and then they started driving straight at them!

“We need to find a hiding place!” Vaughn shouted.

“I know that, you retard!” she replied.

Looking behind him, he could see the van approaching them very quickly. He looked around, and found a suitable hiding spot: a nasty, dirty, wet, bug-invested ditch.

“I’m not going in there! I’ll take the bullet to the head!” Sydney shouted.

Vaughn grabbed her roughly by the arm and dragged her down into the mess.

“This is so disgusting! If the smell doesn’t come out of my clothes, you’re buying me new ones!” she whined.

“Shut up!” he whispered.

She closed her mouth, and he could hear a car screech to a stop, and a few men run out.

“Spread out! Find them! Kill them!” a man shouted.

“How long can you hold your breath?” Vaughn asked her.

“Nuh-uh! There ain’t a chance in hell that I’m dipping my head under this nasty, smelly, crappy water!” she whispered.

“Too late,” he replied, dunking her head under the water.

He was hoping that they wouldn’t search the ditch, but just incase they did, he wanted to be hidden by the murky water.

After a few minutes, a slowly rose to the surface and took a quick breath. He couldn’t hear voices or footsteps, and he couldn’t see Sydney.

“Sydney? Sydney!” he said, looking around.

Sydney popped her head out of the water.

“Are they gone yet?” she asked.

“Yeah, I think they are. Lets go find somewhere to stay, and to contact Kendall,” Vaughn replied.

“Oh! A hotel! I have a special card for this one hotel here, and I get half off of everything!” she said, getting excited.

Vaughn sighed.

“Fine. We’ll stay at a hotel.”

i really like this fic buti al so reallly hope that sydney grows out of this bratty stage or somthing.
Please add me to your PM list.
thanks

Chapter 5~ Get It Done, Part 2

Once they reached the hotel, the first thing that Sydney did was take a two hour bath.

“Would you come out!?” he shouted.

“I’m covered in dirt and grime and felgercarb and I’m not coming out until I’m sure it’s all gone!”

He sighed.

“What does it matter!?” he asked, banging on the bathroom door.

“It does matter! Just because you like to be dirty doesn’t mean I like to!” she replied.

“What!? I’m not dirty!”

Twenty minutes later, Sydney came out of the bathroom in a bathrobe.

“It’s all yours, Ace,” she said. “If there is any hot water left.”

As Vaughn went into the bathroom to take a shower, Sydney found her cell phone and checked her messages.

“Sydney, this is your father. I’m just calling to tell you that I landed safely, and that I’m heading out in a few minutes t start my mission. I should be back in two weeks, but I can’t be sure. Please try not to fight with everyone, and be good. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Well, at least daddy is accomplishing something…” she mumbled.

She sprawled out on the couch and waited for her partner to finish his shower.

Sure enough, in five minutes, he was out in a matching bathrobe.

“What’s our next move?” Sydney asked.

“I have no idea. I’ll try to contact HQ and see what they tell us,” he replied, as he wandered over to where she was sitting.

“What are we going to do about sleeping arrangements?” she asked him.

“I don’t know; I thought there were two beds. Didn’t you get like the best suite?” he replied.

“No, I got my suite! Every time I come here, this is the suite I get!” she shouted.

“Well, I’m not sleeping on that couch!” he replied.

“Fine by me; I guess we’re sleeping together then,” she said, smirking.

“What!? No!”

“Don’t hog the covers.”

After tossing and turning for an hour and a half, Vaughn decided to move to the couch. It was bad enough that there was a beautiful, young woman in bed beside him, but it was even worse because this beautiful, young woman was half naked! Wearing only a bra and underwear, Vaughn knew if he stayed there any longer, she was bound to wake up sooner or later and notice a few things.

“What a b***h… she did it on purpose, too,” he mumbled, trying to make himself comfortable on the couch.

After three hours of staring at the ceiling tiles, he found Sydney’s cell phone and called HQ.

“Yes, what is it?” Kendall asked.

“It’s me, Vaughn,” Vaughn replied.

“Where are you!? What happened!? We’re having a heart attack over here!” Kendall shouted.

“We were ambushed by The Vision. The defector is dead, but we’re safe. Sydney was able to get us a safe hotel room,” Vaughn explained.

“I’ll have a team waiting at the extraction point; be there by 11:30am," Kendall said.

Vaughn really didn’t want to spend that much time in a hotel room with his worst enemy, but it looked as though he didn’t have a choice.

“Okay.”

He was woken in the early hours by something hitting him in the chest; when he opened his eyes, he realized that she had just thrown her wet towel on him!

“Excuse me, but what the hell do you think you’re doing!?” he asked.

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t see you,” she replied, heading into the bathroom

“Bulls**t…” he thought.

He looked over to the clock, which read 5:14am.

“What the hell are you doing up?” he asked, sitting up.

“I couldn’t sleep, so I took a shower,” she replied, coming out of the bathroom, brushing her hair.

Vaughn was too drowsy to say anything else, so he put his head down and went back to sleep.

"Men; all they do is eat, sleep, and fantasize about pretty women in skimpy clothing," she sighed.

He woke up again four hours later, and this time, there was no sign of Sydney.

He rubbed the sleep from his eyes, and sauntered over to the bedroom, hoping that she would be in there.

“I don’t have time for this felgercarb; Kendall said the team would be here… soon,” he said, glancing at his watch.

He made it to the bedroom, there was still no sign of her, unless you counted the clothes all over the ground.

“Where the hell could she be!?” he thought, looking around the room and throwing her stuff everywhere.

Then, something caught his eye; a yellow post-it was stuck onto the TV screen.

“I’ve gone out for a run at the track to clear my mind; I’ll be back in an hour.”

Vaughn remembered seeing a race track outside when they came, where people could run laps or jump hurdles if they so desired.

“How long ago did she write this note?” Vaughn asked, pulling it off the TV screen and inspecting it more closely.

If she wrote the note right after he fell back asleep, she had been gone a lot longer than an hour. However, she could have written it ten minutes ago.

“I’m not playing her game,” he said, throwing on something decent to wear and running out the door.

“The extraction team should be here soon, and I can’t leave without her, so she better be where she said she’d be,” he thought as he ran into the elevator and pushed the ground floor button.

The second the elevator reached it’s destination, he sprinted out the opening doors and dashed through the main lobby, until he reached the revolving doors.

Once he was outside, he turned left and jumped the face that divided the courtyard and the track.

“I hope a security guard didn’t spot me,” he mumbled.

He stopped when the track came into sight, but he could find Sydney.

“Where did that girl wander off to!?” he shouted, walking closer.

There was another girl on the track; she appeared to be around his age, with long, sandy blonde hair tied back in a ponytail. She was wearing a white tank top and some blue track pants.

“Excuse me! Have you seen my friend?” he called out to her.

She stopped running and looked at him.

“What did he look like?” she asked.

“No, she’s a girl. She’s about nineteen, long, brown hair, and has one horrible attitude,” he explained.

“Oh, that girl! I remember her! She left here about forty-five minutes ago with her boyfriend!” she replied.

“Boyfriend?” Vaughn asked suspiciously.

“Well, I don’t know for sure, but I assumed he was her boyfriend, cause they were bickering over something,” she said, walking over to Vaughn.

“Is she in trouble?” she asked.

“I think so,” Vaughn replied.

“Well, I don’t know if this will help you, but he took her over by the pool,” the woman said, pointing in another direction.

“Thank you!” Vaughn shouted, as he sprinted as fast as he could towards the pool.

“No problem!” she replied, as she went back to running her laps.

“She better be around here, or we're both in big trouble."

Back