To Raise a Child

Okay I have no idea what syd is remembering but I really want to know please don't leave us hanging for too long thanks for the PM can't wait for more.

I'll try and wirte the next chapter really soon, but my cousins are down this weekend, so I don't have a lot of time. I'm gald everyone liked it so much.

~Andrea :angelic:

I feel soo bad for Sydney. She first thought Vaughn was dead. Then she saw Vaughn trying to kidnap their daughter, only to find out later that he doesn't remember who she is. And now he's there... but has no idea what's going on. And it must be torture for Sydney because this is what she's always wanted, except Vaughn would remember everything of course.....

Great chapter. I'm wondering what Sydney has in mind to know if Vaughn is starting to remember. Is it the guardian angel thing?? :smiley: Thanks for the pm! Update soon.

I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a billion years, but I just keep forgetting. If you have ever written anything you probably know what I mean. You lose interest for bit, then you will start writing again. Hopefully I will be able to get a chapter up soon. Don't lose interest!

~Andrea :innocent

Yes, I know it's been a while, but I've been busy with school. I like this chapter, but I don't like this chapter, I'm very confused. I hope some people like it. Please leave a reply! :D OO and yes I know it's short, and I'm sorry about that too.

The last thing that happened was when Sydney remembered something that would prove that Vaughn was actually beginning to realize who he was.

Chapter 10

I remembered something he said when he first came to my house.

"Who are you?” I asked.

“Michael Vaughn!”

He said those words to me. He had told me that he remembered his name. I quickly made my way over to Vaughn.

“What is your name?”

“Adam Lester,” he told me.

“Does the name Michael Vaughn mean anything to you?” I asked, eagerly.

“Michael Vaughn,” he whispered, “And Sydney Bristow.

“What did you say?” I asked.

“Sydney Bristow! No, no I am Adam Lester and I was born in France on February. 21. My mother died when I was 12, and my father was an engineer. I had 6 brothers and sisters. They’re all dead now. I was the only survivor of the terrible accident. My favorite food is pasta. My favorite colour is red, and I have a dog named Coca puff.

“No, you’re not Adam Lester. You’re Michael Vaughn. You now live in the United States of America. You work for the CIA with me, Sydney Bristow. Your favourite colour is green, and your favourite food is pizza. You dog’s name is Donovan, and defiantly not Coca puff!”

He just looked at me. I could tell he was thinking about everything I had just said.

“Yes, that is right, but no…” he trailed off.

I looked at him helplessly. I didn’t know what I could do to make him remember. There must be something that would trigger his memory. It clicked. I ran up the stairs, grabbed Isabelle, and made my way over to Vaughn. My parents thought it was best if we kept Isabelle away from Vaughn, but I disagreed.

“Do you remember this? Do you remember leaving your pregnant fiancé? This is your daughter- yours!”

He looked at Isabelle. His eyes lit up. “Isabelle,” he whispered.

“Yes, Isabelle. Do you remember her?”

“Clementine,” he laughed.

“Yes, Clementine!” I was practically crying now.

“Sydney? I remember! I remember Sydney and Vaughn. I am Vaughn,” he told me.

Vaughn sounded like he was speaking some foreign language; something that he had forgotten, but it was all coming back now. I wanted to hug him, but I didn’t know if that was safe right when he was like this. You knew you had a very complicated life when you couldn’t even hug your fiancé.

“You remember everything?” I asked, hopefully.

“No, I am Adam Lester, not Michael Vaughn.”

This was becoming very frustrating. It seemed like he had a split personality. He would start to remember who he was, but then forget it just as quickly. The conditioning he went through must have been very extensive, but he was doing it. He was bit by bit breaking down the brick wall. I knew he was going to make it. We would pull through this. We would conquer all.

~*~*~*~

I told my mom the news about Vaughn. She seemed very happy, but at the same time something was troubling her. I didn’t question her, though. I was too content to even think, or want to think negatively. For the next couple of days I would literally skip around the house. Everyday I would talk to Vaughn about something that happened to him before his memory conditioning. Sometimes he would recall certain concepts, but on his bad days he couldn’t remember a single thing. Those were the days when I felt that all hope was gone for us.

~*~*~*~

This was the day- the day I would let Vaughn hold Isabelle. This was the day were a father would hold his daughter for the first time, ever. Well, I thought of it as the first time. Before he was just the stranger who had Isabelle, now he was actually Vaughn, my Vaughn.

He was sitting on my couch. My dad had still refused to take off the restraints. Him being my dad, he still didn’t trust Vaughn. I completely understood, though. At some points I would question myself. Should I trust him? Should I let him live in my house? Should I let him hold Isabelle and be a part of her life? Whenever these uninvited questions entered my mind I would hastily push them away. Of course, I would let him be part of my child’s life. This was his little girl.

I held Isabelle protectively against my chest. I was scared, but happy. Vaughn was sitting on the couch looking absent mindedly out the window. He seemed to be off in another world.

“Vaughn,” I whispered.

He slowly turned his head to look at me.

“Sydney…” He looked down at the little baby I was holding in my arms. I nodded my head; he smiled. Tears began to well up in my brown eyes, as I walked over to my daughter’s father.

Isabelle was sleeping silently- like a little angel. No words were spoken between the two of us. I kneeled down next to Vaughn so he could get a better look at his daughter. Her little eyes immediately opened up. She looked up into the eyes of her parents, and smiled the most innocent smile. We both laughed. She was one of the most beautiful things that I had ever laid my eyes on, and I was sure that the man sitting next to me was thinking the exact same things.

She opened her mouth, and let out a small little yawn. Vaughn looked over at me. I knew at this time he was defiantly knew he was.

“May I?” he asked.

I nodded, and gently passed Isabelle into the protective arms of her father.

“Hey there, baby. I’m your daddy. Did you know that?” Isabelle laughed. At this time the tears were falling down her cheeks, but for once they weren’t tears of sadness; they were tears of pure joy! My baby had a daddy.

Vaughn looked up into my eyes, and saw the droplets of water.

“Syd, don’t cry.”

“I’m just happy!” she said

Vaughn gently put his hand on my cheek, and kissed me. I pulled away, and smiled.

“We’re a family.”

~*~*~*

While this beautiful family reunion was going on Jack and Irina stood in the doorway of the living room. Jack had his arm around Irina.

“Were all a family now, but hopefully we will be able to contain this happiness…” Irina began.

Because things don’t stay too happy for the Bristow family for too long,” Jack finished for her, regretfully.

~Andrea :angelic:

great chapter. gosh i missed this fic

but what do you mean by "Because things don’t stay too happy for the Bristow family for too long,” Jack finished for her, regretfully."?

Is something bad going to happen?!

Back