Today is International Women's Day.

I agree! Women rule and we always will, but i am glad that there are men around 2, especially when they're as hot as michael vartan, i mean what wud we do without him! :eek:

And there really is 2 many of them around! why cant all men be great! i mean there are the odd ones around but i cant seem 2 find many of them lol!

I LOVE being a WOMEN!!!! Behind ever great man there is a Stronger Woman!!! Women are great we make the world go around!!! :smiley:

OK about women being drafted ok sure we should protect our god-given country!!

Women are in ever way equal to men there is nothing a guy can do that I can't well other then the few things ;) but hey we aren't going there!

~KM :angelic:

i don't think ANYONE should get drafted. i mean, the draft was abolished for a reason. didn't work so well last time. :rolleyes: and besides, don't we have enough troops? i mean, i know reserves are starting to get called up, but we don't need more troops beyond that, do we? i know this sort of brings up a whole 'nother topic, so bottom line - i just don't think anyone should get drafted.

anyway, i know i'm a little late posting on this topic, but yay women! :D i'm so happy this topic was started especially since i'm part of the feminist majority leadership alliance (fmla) on my campus [which is affiliated with the national organization feminist majority foundation (fmf)] and did a lot of work for title IX (not that it matters now because of bush - but that's another topic, isn't it? :rolleyes: ) and i'm just happy whenever people aren't afraid to call themselves feminists. [that was a really long sentence, sorry.] i mean, when did feminism start to be a bad thing? i'm a feminist and damn proud of it! :D

crazy spinster said:
i don't think ANYONE should get drafted. i mean, the draft was abolished for a reason. didn't work so well last time. :rolleyes: and besides, don't we have enough troops? i mean, i know reserves are starting to get called up, but we don't need more troops beyond that, do we? i know this sort of brings up a whole 'nother topic, so bottom line - i just don't think anyone should get drafted.

\
I didn't mean now, i meant in general. I was wondering because we were talking aboot it in school and i know that all the girls would say women shouldn't be drafted so i wanted people who are not brainwashed because they live in Ann Arbor MI, the most liberal town on the planet.

aliasjgfanaticmv said:
I have people at my school who think that too.  Of course, they're all either the preppies who actually want to BE like that, or the guys who have never met me!!  MUAH HA HA!! I WILL CONTROL ALL YOU PUNY MINDED LITTLE BOYS!!  And then i'll make you watch Alias, LOL!!  But there are some guys who think girls are just as good as guys.  They're my friends!  I think we women get stereotyped too much because of all those REALLY girly girls that are more common than the others....
LOL we were talking about stereotyping in my English class (it's SOMEHOW related to TO KIll A Mockingbird, the book from Hell), and I start going into this whole thing about how the pressures of society force women to think that they are SUPPOSED to be a certain way, and gives them no room for change because in their minds, that's how they're supposed to be. I had fun. I'm like "Society teaches girls not to have minds of their own!" and then I started talking about being anorexic, because women are taught that they have to be twigs, and to do that they starve themselves. Sorry, I'm getting off topic again.

oh, well if you're speaking hypothetically, then i still don't think anyone should get drafted. (sorry, that sounded really bratty :rolleyes: ) i just wouldn't want to be FORCED into service. i'm all for women in the military, just as long as they (and men) choose to be in it voluntarily.

and yeah, i don't know why everything you say turns political, aliashombre. must be something about you. ;)

I agree with you. But after Vietnam, not many people are going to volunteer for the military. So eventually in the hopefully distant future a draft might be reinstated.

About the turning political thing, its an instinct becasue of where i live and the people whom i go to school with, they are all Democrats almost.

true I think everyone is a little too wrapped up with current events (well mainly politics) But this is devoted to Women it should stay that way ( not to sound mean)!

anorexia's not really going off topic. i mean, it affects a lot of women and you're right, society is a large part of why a lot of women become anorexic (kate moss, anyone? :rolleyes: ) i took a whole class on eating disorders last quarter. it was rather depressing. especially hearing personal stories. the prof didn't even show pictures of anorexic women because she was afraid they may trigger unpleasant memories for people who are recovering from or struggling with eating disorders. :confused:

oh, you didn't sound mean, and i hope this doesn't sound mean, but i think politics has a lot to do with women's issues (abortion, era, title IX, etc). maybe not war, per se, but other politics.

but yeah, i was getting tired of talking about the war, so sorry for sort of bringing it up! moving on now. :smiley:

SpyGurl001 said:
true I think everyone is a little too wrapped up with current events (well mainly politics) But this is devoted to Women it should stay that way ( not to sound mean)!

I think the political thing is still about women. I mean they can be involved in politics. I don't think the country is ready for a female president, but i think it will happen.
So i don't think this is too off topic.

crazy spinster said:
oh, you didn't sound mean, and i hope this doesn't sound mean, but i think politics has a lot to do with women's issues (abortion, era, title IX, etc). maybe not war, per se, but other politics.

but yeah, i was getting tired of talking about the war, so sorry for sort of bringing it up! moving on now. :smiley:
Its my fault, I have brought it up in about 10 non-war related posts, I should stop that.

Back