Tonight's BSG

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Well, the action is certainly heating up! So what do you think, was the warning to Baltar actually reverse-psychology to get him to Kobol? Anybody surprised at Adama's calm response to Starbuck?

And where did they find those three Cylon beacons? :confused:

Whee!

I think the beacons were those found on other ships. If I remember right, didn't they look for them on other ships after they found that first one? They wanted to study them or some such stuff?

SciFiChick said:
beacons? man, i must only be half-paying attention.
There was a scene in the BSG bridge with Adama and one of the tech's (whose name I forget at the moment) with 3 white circular objects; that scene dealt with the beacons. It was a follow-up to one of the earlier episodes where an identical device was found on the BSG bridge and they knew it was Cylon technology but they didn't know what it was. The scene explained that the beacons acted as Cylon identifiers and that they only activated themselves when within distance of other Cylon beacons. Sort of the Cylon version of the a military's "Friend of Foe" system. Using the captured Raider one of the beacons was going to be put into the Raider so that Starbuck could pilot it to help rescue the surivors on Kobol.

What did you all think of the last episode for the season?

Alot of loose threads. Overall, it was a major surprise.

I'm glad they decided to continue it.

Jaxx said:
What did you all think of the last episode for the season?

Alot of loose threads. Overall, it was a major surprise.

I'm glad they decided to continue it.
I wasn't expecting the final scene with Adama. :eek: I thought they were going to take the path of BSG Boomer deciding to take the path of humanity over the Cylons so that was a bit unexpected. Then the whole Caprica Boomer being pregnant and him defending her from Starbuck was totally unexpected as well. I've got re-watch it though because the scene with Baltar in the temple on Kobol I didn't quite get all of.

All in in all a good show with some cliff hangers for the next few months.

(PS: Looks like I was right about the warning to Baltar in the previous episode really being a way of getting him to Kobol ;) ).

what becans are u talking about the olny becan i now of is the one in the captured cylan raider ,and does any one elese think than apollo aka capatin adama has fellings for star buck ?

There are now at least three known beacons. In the pilot episode (I think it was the pilot episode at least) the white beacon (which looks strangely like an Apple Airport router :P ) was found and it was identified as Cylon technology but nobody knew what it does. Then in the 2nd-to-last season episode there was a scene on the bridge of BSG with Adama and a tech (whose name I can't remember) with three of the beacons shown on top of the navigation map table (the table that lights up from below); the tech was explaining that the beacons only activate when in the presence of other beacons and that's why they didn't know what they were until they found more of them. The idea was hatched that the beacons act as a Cylon version of a friend-or-foe beacon so putting one in the captured Raider for Starbuck's planned raid would let her fly by unseen. Of course we then learned that Starbuck took the Raider back to Caprica and so we ended up seeing another beacon used in the Raptor that Boomer flew to the base instead.

Yes... Apollo has feeling for Star Buck. The scene in the hanger between the two of them where she ended up apologizing to him was a bit to soap-show'ish for me but Moore did the same thing with DS9 all the time.

Back