Season 5 Tonight's Episode

ssolen

Cadet
:angry: I feel like the Alias producers have let us down big time. First of all, they kill off Vaughn, one of the main reasons people watch. The relationship between he and Syd was half of the show. Now I feel like they have all these new characters, they have killed off some of our favorite characters-especially the co-star, and its like they have tried to re-invent the series. I was happy with the characters we had. I find myself not that interested in the show and find other things to do while I'm watching it.

I don't watch the show because of one character... yes, I loved the relationship between syd and Vaughn but it wasn't what hooked me on the show in the first place.... and I'm finding that this season, I am not missing Vaughn that much after all -- because now Alias seems to be back to what made me fall in love with this show in the first place (especially after watching tonight's ep.).... (y)

I am still waiting to be impressed... :thinking:
This Rennie person should be promising next week.
The only we haven't seen yet is a time machince...

I'm disappointed with this season also. Half the characters I loved are gone. I was never a huge Vaughn fan, but now that he's gone, I realize just how much his character added to the show. Nadia is in a coma, Weiss is in Washington D.C., Sark is still missing... and now the writers threw a bunch of new characters at us all at once. Each week that goes by I find myself more and more disappointed. I keep waiting for something spectacular to happen, something where I can say "there's the Alias I remember." So far, none of this season's episodes have been close to the "old" Alias. Come on writers, you can do better than this. :angry:

Ya I dont know. I just don't feel that same passion while watching it anymore. Everything seems soo rehersed.

I don't wanna be all pushy and stuff. But do people need to create a "I am so disappointed" thread in every episode? Can't we just make one big one in the Alias Season 5 General?

I don't wanna be all pushy and stuff. But do people need to create a "I am so disappointed" thread in every episode? Can't we just make one big one in the Alias Season 5 General?
I couldn't agree more. Some of us fans are really enjoying the show right now and find it very disconcerting and saddening to see all of these "disappointed" threads.

Sorry, but anyone who blames the writers for missing cast members is straight-up DUMB.

Do you think they actually wrote out Nadia, Vaughn, and Weiss because they wanted to? No, the actors are done with Alias. It's not the writers faults when actors decide they want to try something new. If you're to blame anyone, blame the actors.

In fact, I'd like to thank the writers for managing to deal with the actors' decisions.

I couldn't agree more. Some of us fans are really enjoying the show right now and find it very disconcerting and saddening to see all of these "disappointed" threads.

Yeah....I don't mean to step on the toes of people who are disappointed, but really. I mean you guys are still bitter over the Vaughn death. That doesn't go as something related to "Mockingbird" but infact just "Prophet Five" or "Season 5 General"

So don't read them.

What does Vaughn dying have to do with "Mockingbird"? That had nothing to do with this episode. Why is it in this thread? I dunno. This thread is kinda talking about how the writers are destroying the show and trying to reinvent through this season and the characters and stuff......I'm all for people expressing their opinions, but for FOUR episodes their opinions have been the same....can't they just take it to the Season 5 General. Because that's kinda what they're talking about....I dunno....

I'm all for people expressing their opinions, but for FOUR episodes their opinions have been the same....can't they just take it to the Season 5 General. Because that's kinda what they're talking about....I dunno....

They can post their opinions, just as you do. If their opinions bother you, don't read them. Problem solved.

I don't get why they had to get rid of Weiss I loved his character

They didn't 'get rid' of him, Greg Grunberg wanted out so he could get into new projects.

And I agree that writing out all those characters wasn't writers' fault... the actors wanted to move on so they quit. I think the writers are handling the situation pretty well. They brought new interesting characters and all episodes so far were pretty good. It could have been *much* worse.

They didn't 'get rid' of him, Greg Grunberg wanted out so he could get into new projects.

And I agree that writing out all those characters wasn't writers' fault... the actors wanted to move on so they quit. I think the writers are handling the situation pretty well. They brought new interesting characters and all episodes so far were pretty good. It could have been *much* worse.

I agree completely, Bluebird #47.....it could be much worse. I think we all have to realize that while Alias is a fictional world, it is acted by real people...and sometimes real life gets in the way/ must play a role aka Grunberg leaving for other projects, Garner's pregnancy....besides, who wants a storyline that doesn't grow or change? ~lAuR

I don't understand why everyone is talking about how we all should respect everyone's opinions.

I never made a motion that everyone needs to agree. I even said that everyone is entitled to their opinions and everyone should all be about speaking what they feel.

I simply commented on the reason why there was a thread in specific episodes, when people are disappointed with the season that's all. I mean throw a thread in the Season 5 General, and heck, I'd even post there with my disappointing thoughts as well! LOL

Back