Top Accomplishments

A

AliasALIAS

Since school is over for many people (I have two more days left), what were your top accomplishments of the school year? It doesn't necessarily have to be related to school, though.

Remember, you could brag here without being arrogant :P ;)
[*] I found Alias and the forums! Where would I be, what would I be doing, without the combination of a good spy drama and people to talk about it? Who knew that Alias would lead you to learn how to use Photoshop, learn HTML, type faster, make new friends, and become a forum Administrator? Thanks to all the makers of Alias and the fans who support it!
[*] I ran (unopposed) for Junior Class Secretary and won... so surprising! :rolleyes: A big accomplishment for me, because I'm one of the quiet kids, and I'm slowly starting to grow out of it. Taking a leadership position is a good step. I'm looking forward to the job. As a candidate, I had to go to Graduation last Saturday, and I had to help clean up. I felt like I was already a part of Student Council, and it felt good! :smiley:
[*] I joined Art Publications (Yearbook). It's an after school class that I get credit for. Next year is the yearbook's 50th anniversary, so we're gonna have a 200 page FULL-color yearbook, so that's exciting. In August, I'll be going to a yearbook camp for five days at Pepperdine University in Malibu.
[*] I got into four honors/AP classes. English 11 Honors, Alg 2/Trig Honors, Chemistry Honors, and AP US History. I'm still bitter about not getting into Spanish III Honors though. It's insane that you have to be fluent-- it's basically a native class. Anyways, next year will be challenging because of these classes in addition to the activities I have.
[*] I was selected to be a People to People Student Ambassador. That means I will be one of the students representing the US on a trip to Europe. This summer, our delegation will travel to 6 different European countries--France, England, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, and the Netherlands--where we will learn about their cultures and visit several attractions for three weeks.
[*] I received the most awards in the Sophomore class at Academic Awards Night. It was a fun night. Special occasions are always memorable.
[*] I made it through the year alive! This year went by so quickly, and the upcoming months will be a blast too! I didn't believe in the saying that high school will be the best years of your life, but dear me, it is becomng true.

I'll think of more, if any, and I wanna hear yours to :D

Umm... I made it to 20 and I'm still alive and kicking.

LoL Okay, seriously...

Making dean's list last year my first term of college.
Being chosen to be in the "Who's Who Among HS Students" 2000 edition.
Auditioning into the top band last year at college... I was one of two freshman flute players chosen out of over 15 who auditioned. There were 8 seats available in the section.

Hm... that's about it, that I can think of. I don't think of my accomplishments as great or out of the ordinary. But those 3 actually made me proud of myself and that takes a lot!

AliasHombre said:
They have yearbook camps?
Yup. This will be my first time going. You learn stuff about taking pictures, structuring the yearbook, etc.

I was selected for Who's Who freshmen year, and this year too. I just hope I turned the application in on time.

i'm 7th in my class right now
I made Link
straight a's (hurray!)
i made an officer on our dance team....

And as of right now...that's about it!

um... nothing much really...

• I got a ninty average (before exams) which i'm happy about, because it's so hard to get at our school there's 6 out of over 200 grade 9s and i'm one of them. YAY! :lol:
• I improved my music skills by A LOT which i'm so happy about.

that's about it. Tomorrow. we have music awards at our concert at night. and there' a Rookie of the Year award. i'm crossing my finger to get it. And my science teacher nominated me and my friend for the Science Award, which i want to get but i highly doubt it because it's best Junior Science and that includes grade 10 too so ya... and that's about it. Oh actually there's one more thing. I would be really happy if my short story that was submitted for my school's literary journal won, and published. that would be my first published piece of work, but again i highly doubt that. :lol: any ways tootles till tomorrow.
--mandy :angelic:

okay lets see
*I was valedictorian of my class (YAY)
*I became active at AA (AWESOME!!!!!)
*I stumped my brother on a subject
and other things I cant remember right now.
Timmy :blink:

AliasHombre said:
The teachers toldus the whos who thing was a way for the book people to steal your money!
haha, it's possible. But you're not required to purchase the book, and you do get recognition, plus they offer the College Referral Service.

I rank 1/92 sophmore year, first semester. Overall (freshmen and sophomore year), I'm 2/92.

wow, congrats, everyone! aA, that's sooo cool, I want to go to Europe! *turns green with envy*

let's my accomplishments?

hmm, well, I'm alive! definetly a good thing.

I found AllAlias, which led to lots more friends and a rather extensive knowledge of Manolo Blahniks. :D

I befriended a paperclip named Bill.

I took a cooking class and survived! woo-hoo! (now I know never to do it again, it was absolute hell for a semester :lol: one of the easiest ways to earn an F!)

I was chosen as a "natural leader" and got to skip school and go to this Rotary conference and play lots of games and meet lots of new people. very very fun!

I got a guitar! I took drama classes! I went to the Philippines! I only ran into one pole!

lots of good things happened this year, and I'm extremely happy that I got to experience them! :D

I met such great friends on AA!

I started watching Alias!

I found out about Fearless!

I finally found 2 things to obsess over, which I never had before (I mean to obsess over!)

Guess what those two things are......... :shocked:

I met my favorite smilies----> :shocked: and :o_O:

and.... I have a great family! :D

hum... in addition to mine. I was on AA and found so many new friends. and .....

I'm The ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!!! hahaha *yay* happy dance.*
--Mandy :angelic:

I found it too!!!!! I think that making it to the State Swimming Team was pretty good for me and getting into the Australian Swim Camp was I think my greatest achievement

AliasHombre said:
I made the top band for next year in my high school.
And our school is one of the best music schools in the country.
snerk! whatever...bolsa so rules...anyways...and aa...while i was reading urs (sorry if this sounds mean) but i was major snerking....man...u are one into skoo freaks....sorry...ima not dissin u...its a good thing...anyways...

for me...its i made it into girls league..which means...a club with girls u gotta interiview for...ima one out of three frosh chicks..they ususally dont take freshman

i actually went for asb...though i lost i actually went through it..previously i juss signed everyting but not campaighn....grr....i hate alina...she tool my pres spot...needless to say i am never going for asb and my self esteem and confidence really dropped..

i passed confirmation class....

i found GOD again...thats a good thing...

i found my real bestfriend to..she was always there for me and i didnt realize it..now we so tight..we smoked and drank for the first time together...kool....i love u teenuh...

hm....more?...

ima top 5% in academics in my skoo....

i managed a 4.0 all three quarters...dotn know bout fourth though...12 more days ok skool...no weekends..

dude..definatly found aa was good...

Back