Action Top Gear

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Title: Top Gear

Genre: Documentary, Reality, Talk

First aired: 2002-10-20

Creator: Derek Smith

Cast: Chris Harris, Paddy McGuinness, Andrew Flintoff

Overview: This fast-paced and stunt-filled motor show tests whether cars, both mundane and extraordinary, live up to their manufacturers' claims. The long-running show travels to locations around the world, performing extreme stunts and challenges to see what the featured cars are capable of doing. The current hosts are Paddy Mcguinness, Chris Harris and Andrew "Freddie" Flintoff.
Top Gear

I know Top Gear is shown pretty much worldwide now and I know The Sandman is a car fan as well - so I'm wondering how many fans of Top Gear we have here.

I know the show gets a lot of complaints, but I think that's from people who take things far too seriously. I enjoy the show, find it entertaining and very funny - especially when they do their Specials.

That's what I like about him. Let's be honest, the people who complain watch it for that very reason - they know he'll say something they can complain about. If people find him offensive, they should turn off the show.

I love the U.K. version of Top Gear! The American version is one of the worst shows that I have ever seen and I'm amazed that it is still being aired. If you have never seen the U.S. version, do a search on YouTube and you will see what I mean.

I also love the country of Romania and have a website dedicated to it (the country). When Top Gear filmed a portion of an episode there and Clarkson had a few bad things to say about the country, none of my Romanian friends or in-laws were offended by what he had said, it was only a couple of politicians who asked for an apology and it was nothing at all like what the media tried to make it out to be.

So.... the producer that Clarkson punched which led to Clarkson being booted off the show which led to Hammond & May to leave which led to the trio starting a new shown on Amazon is now suing Clarkson for "racial discrimination". Say what?! :cautious:

From BBC News:

The Irish Top Gear producer punched by Jeremy Clarkson is suing the presenter and the BBC for racial discrimination.

Lawyers for Clarkson and the BBC attended a closed-door hearing with Oisin Tymon's legal team at a London employment tribunal on Friday.

The case centres on "verbal abuse" that accompanied a physical attack during which Clarkson struck Tymon in March.

Clarkson, who was dropped by the BBC following an internal inquiry, will front a new show on Amazon Prime.
The inquiry, headed up by Ken MacQuarrie, found Mr Tymon was subject to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack".

Lawyers Slater & Gordon confirmed on Friday that they had been engaged by the producer.

A statement by the BBC said: "We will be responding to this claim, but will not be commenting further at this time."

The assault took place at a North Yorkshire hotel, after Clarkson was told there was no hot food available at the end of a day's shooting on location.

Tymon had worked on Top Gear for nearly 10 years before the incident

As part of the inquiry, statements were given by two unnamed witnesses to the incident on 4 March.

The producer, who suffered swelling and bleeding to his lip in the altercation, drove himself to hospital after the incident believing he had lost his job.

BBC director general, Tony Hall, said Clarkson had subjected an "innocent party [to] a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature".

At the time of the attack, Mr Tymon told police he did not wish to press charges.

In the days following the assault, he was the subject of sustained abuse on social media for his involvement in the dispute - prompting Clarkson himself to urge his fans to show restraint.

"I wish people would leave Ois alone because none of this was his fault," the presenter told reporters in March.
Clarkson will be joined by his erstwhile Top Gear co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May on a new show for Amazon Prime, to be broadcast next year.

I guess not too many Top Gear BBC fans here, eh? :( It seems that the new Top Gear presenters are having a bit of a rough time. The new season has been suffering from low ratings and recently Matt Leblanc (yes, the guy from the Friends TV show) , who has a two season contract, has supposedly threatened to quit if Chris Evans remains. Evans, a popular BBC radio host, was supposed to be new main face of Top Gear but fans have not been happy with him. Well, turns out Evans is now gone. Depending on what news station you go by, he either voluntarily resigned saying that he needs to concentrate on his radio show or he was fired after sexual harassment complaints have gone public.

Back