Politics Totally unfair story.

I find this story very unfair:

In 1965, a nineteen year old black man was arrested for stealing a 5 cent candy bar. He was given a 99 year jail term in Alabama. Even today he can't get out of jail.

So obviously there is still racism in our world.

Of course racism still exists (unfortunately), people are so stupid ! How could they understand we : men, women, black or white or... are all EQUAL !!!!

Sophie said:
Of course racism still exists (unfortunately), people are so stupid ! How could they understand we : men, women, black or white or... are all EQUAL !!!!
I know! It's awful. The boy who sits next to me in Science decorates his notebook with confederate flags. It drives me crazy.

i think it's just horrible how there's so much racism still in the world. racism, religious predjudice, etc. it's all just so unfair. the "all people are equal" seems like there's no reason NOT to accept it to me.

Don't you guys think they should let the poor guy out of jail? When I heard this story I was all set for writing a letter to the President to get this guy out.

Whoa I can't believe that!!!!!! :madfire: :wtf:

I hate racism so much...my mom is racist at times and it pisses me off like no other :angry:

twinzz2003 said:
Don't you guys think they should let the poor guy out of jail? When I heard this story I was all set for writing a letter to the President to get this guy out.
i'm going to contact amnesty international. it's a company people can write letters for to get people out of jail in 3rd world countries. they also have done some work in the united states. if you want to check it out go to www.amnesty.org you can really change a life by writting to someone, i write a letter every day (for a small cost). but maybe if i contact them, they would help to get that poor guy out of jail.

THAT IS SOOOO UNFAIR!!!!
Why can't people see that blacks whites latinos and everyone else is equal!!!! I mean really that is just cray!!!!!! I'm very dissapointed :( :angry:

it was so long ago! 5 cents! i mean, seriously! -_-

omg that is unfair! everyone is EQUAL! argh! people are predjudice about everything! race, sex, age, relgion, appearence, U NAME IT! why can't we all just be treated equally? :angry: :(

Eeek! That is really terrible. :( I can't believe that guy went to jail for 100 years just for a 5 cent candy bar! How can the judge make a ruling like that anyways, don't they feel guilty?! :angry:

If this story is true, it shows us how stupid racism is. I do not live in the USA so I don't know what to do, but any Americans should do something. Talk to their congressman, tell people in your highschool, it is unfair that this man is in jail. I believe there is an organiztion "amnesty International", that can help. Racism is pathetic, WHY Are people racist, I am so angered because of this. I hate people who are stupid, how can someone be racist. It is wrong, what makes anyone different from another person. :angry:

nance said:
racism in the world?

it's mostly in the United States. :sigh: :angry:
exactly. i'm pretty sure in europe racism is much less. too many people in the US are passing down the stereo type that whites are the major race. this is just not true.

Ugh, that story is horrible. And really, it makes you wonder. The Bush administration is busy freeing the people of Iraq, but he doesn't have time to let one poor old man out of jail in the US for stealing a candy bar 40 years ago.

Sadly enough, I'm from time to time discriminated against. I'm japanese american... but I look very obviously american! I just don't get it. And some people treat my mom (who was born in japan and lived there for 20 or so years) like she's some sort of idiot. I want to kick those people in the gut. :angry:

Back