Tourniquet

UGHH why won't Syd just listen to him!!!
-Even though I want to know too...I don't want Vaughn being mad at Syd!!
I hope Syd will hurry up and change her mind and break him out!!!
-Since you have the next chap done...I think you should post it!!! Please!! :angelic:
-LOVED IT! Thanks for the pm!!

ahhh omg dont leave it there!!!
i also agree with the others
dont hold yourself back!!!
i wanna know what happened!!
cant believe syd isnt listening to vaughn!!!!!
she must know he has a good reason for it
awesome update
loved it
thanx for the pm
cant wait for more

I hope that when Sydney, Jack and Dixon hear what Vaughn is keeping a secret, that they are really, really sorry. Because if he refuses to tell them, there must be a very good reason. Like, them finding it out is basically signing Sydney's death warrent.

And, 'yes', please post ASAP!

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

ahhh thats soo mean to stop there!! and you should be happy you are writing so much!! i wish i could!! cant wait to read the next update!!

ok ok quick question first where are chapters 5,6,7
it goes 4 then 8
or is it just me???

ok this is sooooooooo good i cant wait to find out what the secret is but i am sooo pissed with syd
its vaughn damnit he does everything to HELP you not hrt
shes gonna hate herself when she realises what the secret was

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Update ASAP

and can i have a pm

why can't sydney understand if vaughn won't say anything at all it's OBVIOUSLY very important
she's just toooo stuborn
thanks for the pm
great chapter
-laura

ok ok quick question first where are chapters 5,6,7
it goes 4 then 8
or is it just me???

HOLY felgercarb, YOU'RE RIGHT! I'm not the brightest person and now I apparantly can't count. Wow, this is just wonderful and sad. I'll go fix it now, lol. Thanks so much for pointing that out, and of course you can have a PM!

Yes, see I restrained myself from updating. I waited a day! I'm so proud of myself, lol. Anyway, it was pointed out to me that I had the chapters all screwed up (I apparantly lost the ability to count :blink: .) I went from Chapter 4 to 8. How I accomplished that I have no idea. The last chapter was Chapter 14, but technically it was only Chapter 10 (I think, unless I screwed up aagin, which entirely possible :blush:.) Anyway, this is Chapter 11 now. Hope you enjoy. Please read and reply!

Chapter 11

~Sydney~

I stood behind the two way mirror as Vaughn drifted off into a dreamlike state. I still hadn’t figured out if what I was doing was right or not, but I couldn’t go back now so I might as well get the answers I was looking for while in the process of unwillingly taking them from Vaughn.

“Michael, I need you to find yourself two years ago,” Dr. Kerr said to him in a soft whisper.

“Go back to that time, Michael, and tell me what is happening.”

~Vaughn~

All colour had been drained from my world. The life that lived within me at one time had suddenly and without warning been cruelly sucked out, and left me as a blank canvas with no life. I was as good as dead now.

“Sydney died in the fire. I’m so sorry, Michael,” Weiss had told me thirty minutes ago.

I didn’t believe him or maybe I didn’t want to believe him but there was no way my Sydney could die. She couldn’t leave me here in this world alone. I now sat in the pile of rumble her house had become during the fire. I picked up the ashes beside me and ran them between my fingers. How could this have happened? I should have been there! I could have prevented this somehow. I began to sob deep tears of distress and loss. I hadn’t cried since the funeral of my father. I wasn’t the one for emotional breakdowns, especially in front of people, but this was different. This was the death of the strongest, most beautiful person I ever knew. We were going to live a long and happy life together. At least that’s the way I had always imagined our life being, but now that dream lay at my feet in the form of black ashes.

The world around me didn’t seem real. I saw people walk by and give me sympathetic looks, but they didn’t understand. They couldn’t sympathize with me because they had no clue how much pain Sydney’s death caused me. They had no idea the effect her absence caused because they didn’t know her. Not like I knew her.

“Sydney,” I whispered, thinking that somewhere out there she could still hear me.

~Sydney~

I sat down quickly, feeling sick to my stomach. How was I going to do this?

“Sydney, are you okay?” Dixon asked me.

I didn’t respond, but kept looking at Vaughn. His closed eyes were streaming with tears and he kept calling out my name. I had never seen Vaughn cry and to see him weeping because of me was horrible to witness.

“Why did she have to leave me?” he said.

“I haven’t gone anywhere, Vaughn. I’m right here,” I whispered, although he couldn’t hear me.

“Michael, I need you to stay calm. None of this real. It’s already happened.”

Vaughn started backing away from Dr. Kerr quickly. “Who are you? Did you take Sydney away from me?”

“Michael, listen to me. This isn’t real. I need you to focus. What did you do after Sydney’s death?”

Vaughn’s face screwed up in concentration.

~Vaughn~

I hadn’t moved from my spot on the bed for ten days now. Sydney's death ripped me apart right at the heart. Weiss came in at least once a day to make me eat and go to the bathroom, but other than that I had no other human contact.

“Mike, man, I knew you’re sad about this, but you’ve got to move.”

I just slammed my face further into the pillow to try and drown out his voice

I felt something hit my head.

“Mike, get up. You know that this is not what Syd would have wanted for you. She wouldn’t want you to through away your life. She’d want to live your life. If you don’t do it for yourself then do it her. You owe her that!” Weiss yelled at me.

I sat up on my elbow.

“I just miss her, you know?” I said.

“I know you do. We all do, but you have to get up. You can miss her all you want, but you still have to live your life. She’d want that for you.”

“I don’t know how to. I know it sounds pathetic, but Syd was my life.”

Weiss rubbed his eyes, knowing what I said was the truth. I lived for Sydney and everything I did was for Sydney.
“Just try for her.”

I sat there trying to cope with the fact that Sydney was gone and she would never be coming back to me no matter how much I wished and prayed she would.

“I just need some time, but I’ll try harder,” I said to Weiss.

“Okay,” Weiss said, knowing that was as good as he was going to get. “I’ll come by tomorrow,” he told me backing out of the room.

I didn’t get up, though. I would, but not now. Not when the wound was still fresh. I did sit up, which I considered to be an improvement from my usual position of my head slammed into a pillow trying to wash out the cruel world.

I looked around the room, hoping that for some odd reason Sydney would suddenly just appear I knew she wouldn’t, but my hope was all that I had left now.

“I never told you I love you, Syd, but I do,” I said to nobody in particular, but I had to say it so I knew and she somehow knew as well.

~Sydney~

“I can’t do this! I don’t want to do this anymore! Vaughn, I’m so sorry.”

“Sydney, we can’t stop now. I’m sorry, but we’re going to continue,” Dixon told me putting a comforting hand on my shoulder.

“Dixon look at him.”

“Syd, you were warned of what this would be like.”

I looked towards him. I never imagined it would be this bad. I still wanted my answers, but not at this expense. Vaughn didn’t deserve to relive these painful years no matter what. I knew Dixon wouldn’t stop, though. I just sat back and hoped that Vaughn would find his way to the happier times if there were any.

~Vaughn~

“Dude, where are you going? You can’t just leave!” Weiss said anxiously.

“Weiss, I can’t stay here not when every little thing reminds me of her. I can’t walk to the grocery store without bursting into tears. I just need to get away for a little while and sort out my life.”

Weiss didn’t look very reassured.

“I’ll be fine, man. Thanks for everything.” I stepped forward and gave him a manly hug.

“Just promise me you won’t do anything stupid, okay?”

“I’ll be fine,” I reassured him, stepping onto the plane.

I had no idea where I was going or what exactly I was searching for, but there was no doubt in my mind that L.A was not the place for me when I was in such a state of distress.

The plane I was on was heading to Nice. How long I would stay there I didn’t know, but anywhere out of this country was better.

The flight seemed fast. I ended up sleeping most of the way. I was staying with some relatives who I hadn’t seen since I was six. They didn’t ask questions about my sudden visit, but I told them my current situation and they allowed me to stay at there place for as long as I needed, which was greatly appreciated.

I placed my bags down on the floor next to the bed and dived under the covers, feeling the need to get away once again. My family showered me with sympathy and they told me how sorry they were about my girlfriend’s sudden death, but they didn’t understand. They had no clue how much of my heart that women still had with her and how much she would always have in her possession. I was merely a living corpse without her.

“Syd,” I whispered hugging the pillow next to me.

~Sydney~

“I think that’s enough for today. A person can only take so much in a day. Too much distress can do damage,” Dr. Kerr directed at the mirror.

“Alright,” Dixon told her.

“Michael, when you hear the tone you will awake.” She nodded her head and I eagerly pressed the button that sounded the tone.

Vaughn’s head snapped up with surprise. He looked around the room, trying to remember the situation he was in. It came back to him rather quickly.

He wiped the tears away hastily. I could see that he was embarrassed that he had cried in front of such a large crowd.

I walked quickly towards him, and entered the white room as Dr. Kerr exited. Vaughn turned towards me, and looked sad all over again. Seeing me so quickly after believing he lost me again must have been hard on him.

I rushed towards his side, not caring how mad either of us was with the other. I hugged him tightly.

“I’m so sorry. So, so sorry,” I cried. I felt him nod his head as he held tighter to me.

I pulled away from him. “Can we just forget about this for the night please?” he asked gesturing towards the fact that he was in CIA custody because of me. “Just stay with me, okay?”

“Of course,” I said, sitting next to him and resting my head on his shoulder.

“I won’t lose you twice, Syd.”

-Poor Vaughn at least Syd now feels bad and doesn't want to do it anymore!!
See now would be the perfect time for Syd to break Vaughn out of there!!!!
-OO I LOVE this story! It's one of my favorites!! Update soon please!! :angelic:
Thanks for the pm!!

aww poor vaughn! he clearly loves her, so why on earth is she putting him through this, she should just trust him!
thanks for the PM
cant wait for more :D update soon

Back