Track

Does anyone here run track? I do! I think it's a lot of fun!! Except this year I'm not going out, my legs are being weird. I do long distance, everyone I know are sprinters, and I was just wondering, anyone out there do track?

i am!! it just started today :angry: i was thinking about quitting this year too but i changed my mind at the last minute, i also run long distances....what kind of times to you get aliasjgfanaticmv???

pasta_sauce385 said:
i am!! it just started today :angry: i was thinking about quitting this year too but i changed my mind at the last minute, i also run long distances....what kind of times to you get aliasjgfanaticmv???
I get around 7 minutes. I don't think I'm that great though. I really want to go out, but my legs are stupid and hurt too much!! I know a 4 minute mile is possible, there was a kid at my school who was close to it.

I run at school every Tuesday and Thursday. We do laps on Tuesday and relays on Thursday. I prefer the relays. I don't like running laps.

I am really good at track this year! I am running long distance the 800x800, hurdles 400x400, and long jump! I have it 4 hours a day! And I run about 13 miles a day!

thought i would revive this since the end of the season for people is coming up and a lot of things seem to go on around around now.

does anyone on here wear spikes?? i borrowed my friend's brother's spikes today b/c we have like 2 (actually 1 after today) meets left and i kind of need them to get my time down for my relay(we have a chance of qualifying for state) but man!!! i have never used spikes before and oh man they sure do a number on your ankles!! afterwards i could barely walk, it was painful!! do they hurt for anyone else or am i just weird?? :smiley:

im first in the cif play offs!!!!!! yay!! so so hard!! track is killin me.....but i love it....im top in my class and im winnin cif....juss gotta say that

GAAAH!!! wow now i feel reeeeeeaaalllllly slow! jo-- um that's not bad at all! maybe for you!! LOL! jeeeez... if i could do 7:02 :woot: today i ran the lap test- it's so stupid, all we do is run around in circles and it drives me NUTS! me and this circle thing just don't work!

Spikes can be hard to get used too...my coach recommended to us to walk around our house in them, without the spikes in to get used to them.

I also run long distances, I prefer the 3000m...but I actually prefer Cross Country a whole lot more..theres nothign like racing up hill

edit: a 4.00 minute mile is quite possible. The top male high schoolers usually are close to it

running is sooooo much fun! I like sprinting more than long distance.

and im soooo freakin mad at gymnastics we used to be able to run cause there are these trails right next to my gym, but then the "special" group went running and some girl wore sandels (which my coach told her not too!) and so she got blisters and so her mom complained to our (very very evil) head coach, and now we cant run anymore :angry:

Back