Trailer for a sci-fi short film

eldusto84

Cylon Double-Agent
Hi guys, I recently directed a short sci-fi with some friends last month. It's about a young scientist who invents a time machine in the 1930s. We're still editing everything together, but here's a link to the trailer. Let me know what you think!

Ok, I like the grayscale for the past. You might wish to incorporate some filters because your scenes, while great, are too crisp. This is obviously a financed production as I can tell by the backdrops and props. The trailer is trying to awe me but I felt rather bored. While time travel is in itself a facinating subject I feel there needs to be a jolt of some kind to push the trailer into a "want to see" type preview.
I also watched your storyboard video. Nice use of storyboarding.
Please remember that I am not a filmmaker or artist or writer. Just giving you my impressions. I commend you on your efforts and dedication. I hope your project turns out a winner.

Thanks for the honest feedback. What sorts of filters did you have in mind? Something to soften the edges and stuff? We haven't done any color correction or anything yet so it's never to late to change things like that.

Actually, there wasn't really a budget for this. I spent maybe $200 in building materials for the time machine but that was it. Everything else, such as the costumes and props, were things that we already owned or could borrow from someone!

Nice use of resources.
I read somewhere, there are filters available for amature filmmakers that are programs you add in post processing. They can be layered and adjusted. If I can find the link I will post it here for you. I know that grey and blue filters are used a lot in the industry and that the filters are used for mood enhancement. Give me a few and I will see if I can find where I read this...

Hi guys, I recently directed a short sci-fi with some friends last month. It's about a young scientist who invents a time machine in the 1930s. We're still editing everything together, but here's a link to the trailer. Let me know what you think!

Nice. Needs some input from the Ghastly Creatures That Walk Between Moments in order to give it a proper plot, romantic drama is a bit kitchen sink for time travel.

Back