Sci-Fi Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Transformers: Age of Extinction

Tagline: This is not war. It's extinction.

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: Michael Bay

Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Nicola Peltz, Jack Reynor, Titus Welliver, Kelsey Grammer, Sophia Myles, Li Bingbing, T. J. Miller, James Bachman, Thomas Lennon, Charles Parnell, Han Geng, Erika Fong, Michael Collins, Zou Shiming, Richard Riehle, Patrick Bristow, Cleo King, Calvin Wimmer, Glenn Keogh, David Midthunder, Richard Gallion, Nick Horst, Kassem Gharaibeh, Yanis Kalnins, Edward T. Welburn, Peter A Kelly, Jessica Gomes, Andreas Beckett, Alexander Leeb, Jamison Haase, Drew Wicks, Gene Shieh, Woei Bee, Wang Ying, William Wang, Abigail Klein, Melanie Specht, Greg Matthew Anderson, Austin Lin, Victoria Summer, Kevin Covais, B. Adam Baillio, Mikal Vega, Andrew Arrabito, Tyrone Smith, Kenny Sheard, Kevin Kent, Michael Wong Man-Tak, King-Man Yip, Ray Lui, Candice Zhao, Li Jun Ting, Howard Y. Woo, Jingsheng Yu, Ben Wang, Eddie San Chan, Zhang Tianyu, Wu Gang, Teresa Daley, Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, John Goodman, Ken Watanabe, Robert Foxworth, John DiMaggio, Mark Ryan, Reno Wilson, Kevin Covais, Michael Bay

Release: 2014-06-25

Runtime: 165

Plot: As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet. However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control - all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his cross-hairs.
Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

It has been confirmed by Michael Bay that Transformers 4 will take the franchise in a new direction starring Mark Wahlberg instead of Shia Labeouf. This comes after the director previously denied rumors of Wahlberg being involved with the new movie.

Michael Bay said:
Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on Pain and Gain and I’m so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers’ legacy.

A June 27, 2014, release date is planned.

transformers4.jpg

For me, the only good movie from the series* was the animated 1986 film with "big name" actors supplying the voices. I watched it a decade ago.

As for the live-action movies, each release was worse than the one before.

I was so horribly bored and sickened by the third film. I'm just glad I didn't pay for the movie ticket, otherwise I would have asked for the money back.

So, I was polite and sat quietly as I melted into my seat.

I have no interest to see the 4th, because 1-3 (forced to watch them) were just huge hunks of hollywood ****.

*I didn't like the tv cartoon. (But, the animated 1986 movie wasn't bad)

The first official trailer for Transformers: Age of Extinction has dropped.

I don't think @Jetshroom will be happy about it because the trailer gives away basically the plot of the movie... the Transformers are essentially retired and are told they are no longer needed. Optimus Prime is a hulking pile of inactive junk and ends up trying to be salvaged as scrap by Mark Wahlbergs character. When the inevitable bad guys show up to destroy Earth, Optimus and the Transformers return to save the day. Oh, and DinoBots! Instead of Shia Labouf & his girlfriend working with the Transformers it is Wahlberg and his onscreen daughter.

I think it will be pretty cool myself.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll be watching it, it just won't be a -must-see-immediately movie for me. It is a 'popcorn movie' for me meaning it's the kind of movie I don't have to think about and can enjoy with a big bag of popcorn or other snack in my living room.

I hear what you mean Kevin it is like the movie movie pacific rim not the greatest but good if you want something that you can just sit and watch when there is nothing better to do. I am more just wanting to see the dinobots :smiley:

This is just another example of people trying to suck just a little bit more money out of a franchise.
Well, at least they are taking it in a new direction.

Actually, I don't have an issue with a trailer. I think a trailer should give you an idea of what the movie's about. (Though I do love it when the trailer completely re-cuts the movie into something completely different.)
My issue with Winter Soldier is that we've now got something like 10-15 minutes of movie that we've seen before we even go in. I'm sitting here trying to stop my wife from watching these trailers because she'll recognise the winter soldier immediately when she sees his face. She's not familiar with the comic so she doesn't know who it is. Now, I'm all for the idea that the identity of the winter soldier isn't a big deal in the movie, but I think it is, it's called Winter Soldier. It's not going to be a movie about who's impersonating the Red Skull and trying to take over SHIELD.

*ahem* I got off the transformers topic and I apologise.

Hey, Transformers 4! The only Transformers movie by Bay that I've been interested in seeing since the first one. It's all due to one thing. Optimus Prime, riding a robotic T-Rex, holding a sword! OPTIMUS PRIME, ON A T-REX, WITH A SWORD!!!

This says to me that they've realised they don't need to be super serious about this movie. (BTW, pee, pot and race jokes don't make a serious action film not serious) Transformers are literally giant robots that turn into cars (or planes, or boats, or trucks, or UFOs, or planets, or dinosaurs.) They're cool enough. They don't need to be dark and gritty. Look at Pacific Rim. That was a self aware movie. No point hiring good actors or good writers, just make the fight scenes cool.