Sci-Fi Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Tagline: The invasion we always feared. An enemy we never expected.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Michael Bay

Cast: Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Josh Duhamel, John Turturro, Tyrese Gibson, Patrick Dempsey, Frances McDormand, John Malkovich, Kevin Dunn, Julie White, Alan Tudyk, Ken Jeong, Glenn Morshower, Lester Speight, Buzz Aldrin, Bill O'Reilly, Ravil Isyanov, Dustin Dennard, Markiss McFadden, Nick Bickle, Ajay James, Brett Lynch, Chris A. Robinson, Scott C. Roe, James D. Weston II, Brian Call, Aaron Garrido, Mikal Vega, Kenny Sheard, Josh Kelly, Keiko Agena, LaMonica Garrett, Yasen Peyankov, Brett Stimely, John H. Tobin, Drew Pillsbury, Patrick Pankhurst, Larry Clarke, Tom Virtue, Thomas Crawford, Kevin Sizemore, Alan Pietruszewski, Michael Daniel Cassady, Peter Murnik, Don Jeanes, Cory Tucker, Lindsey Ginter, David St. James, Mitch Bromwell, Elya Baskin, Eugene Alper, Inna Korobkina, Zoran Radanovich, Kathleen Gati, Annie O'Donnell, Chris Sheffield, Ken Takemoto, Michael Loeffelholz, Mindy Sterling, Stephen Monroe Taylor, Andrew Daly, Derek Miller, Leidy Mazo, Scott Krinsky, Katherine Sigismund, Maile Flanagan, Darren O'Hare, Jack Axelrod, Rich Hutchman, Meredith Monroe, Charlotte Labadie, Christian Baha, Jennifer Williams, Danielle Fornarelli, Danny McCarthy, John Turk, Peter A Kelly, Mark Golden, Sean Murphy, Scott Paulson, Luis Echagarruga, Iqbal Theba, Anthony Azizi, Sammy Sheik, Mark Ryan, John S. McAfee, Jay Gates, Rebecca Cooper, Peter Cullen, Hugo Weaving, Leonard Nimoy, Jess Harnell, Charlie Adler, Robert Foxworth, James Remar, Francesco Quinn, George Coe, Tom Kenny, Reno Wilson, Frank Welker, Ron Bottitta, John DiMaggio, Keith Szarabajka, Greg Berg

Release: 2011-06-28

Runtime: 154

Plot: The Autobots continue to work for NEST, now no longer in secret. But after discovering a strange artifact during a mission in Chernobyl, it becomes apparent to Optimus Prime that the United States government has been less than forthright with them.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)

Paramount has released the official trailer for Transormers: Dark of the Moon. Dark of the Moon is the 3rd movie in the franchise to be done be Michael Bay.

In this installment it is discovered that the NASA moon landers were a cover-up for the real mission of the US military to explore giant robot remains found on the moon surface. Those robots turn out to be Decepticons and now they are intending to invade Earth.

This looks amazing! I wasn't too thrilled about the 2nd movie, but I'm liking the action in this one.
Not only were a lot of fans disappointed by Transformers 2 by Michael Bay had a few choice words about it as well in hindsight. :eek:

Yeah this one looks a lot better than the second one. I don't know what Bay was thinking when he decided to make it like that... Ah well... Very very excited about Dark of the Moon though! I love Transformers... Apparently in the third film "Those that die stay dead". Anyone got any new spoilers for the movie? Thanks.

Yeah this one looks a lot better than the second one. I don't know what Bay was thinking when he decided to make it like that... Ah well... Very very excited about Dark of the Moon though! I love Transformers... Apparently in the third film "Those that die stay dead". Anyone got any new spoilers for the movie? Thanks.
So far one of the few notable items is that Shockwave will be in it (not to be confused with Soundwave from the 2nd film who took over the communications satellite). Shockwave, in the Transformers universe, is on on par with Megatron and usually means big trouble for the Autobots. You can see Shockwave in the trailer at around the 1:30 mark... he's the big angry looking guy with a single huge red eye and a huge cannon as his right hand.

Yeah he is pretty much the ultimate badass. I hope none of the Autobots die, though, I have become strangely attached to them...

After finally getting to see this film, I have to say it is a massive improvement on those that came before it, which we had to see because of the character continuation.

There were a LOT of quite funny jokes for the world weary and the SFX and action scenes were less about vehicles turning into robots and more vista style, full-on alien invasion type.

This honestly has to be one of the best films I've seen this year (not that there has been much competition tbh)

Agreed. I was very impressed with it, but baffled by their reasons for killing off Ironhide.

Thoughts on the new girl? Carly?

Personally, I thought she was OK except for the scene in which she just stood there amidst the battle looking like she has been hit over the head with a spade. She's just in the film for her body, basically, just like Megan Fox. (Good riddance to her, by the way.)

The jokes were good, mostly, in this film actually. Much unlike ROTF, which just made me cringe. At least the robots get a bigger role in this film, which ROTF was missing and there was actually a REAL plot-line this time. One that actually made sense, that is. DOTM was a refreshing change from the complete abomination of the second film, and more dark than the first one. The first film wasn't bad, it had a plot-line, and it was predominantly about robots, which I enjoyed, but there weren't enough fight scenes for my liking. This all changed in the third film, and the superb animation and great sound quality made this seem all the more effective. I even found myself tearing up at particular parts, which didn't happen at all in the other films. Another thing I didn't like about ROTF was that they bought in all new and unknown characters, then didn't explain how or why they got there. With DOTM, although they did bring in new characters, they explained legitimately where they came from, how they got there, and why they were there in the first place. And at least they were tolerable characters too. Not like Wheelie or the horrible twins from ROTF, who just made stupid jokes and screwed everything up the whole time. Trying to make that film comical for the kids was a bad move. (Anyone get my reference there?)
And these characters magically disappeared for the third film, which... confused me slightly, but I suppose it was really for the best.

All in all, DOTM was a very enjoyable film, and I recommend it if you, like me, found ROTF to be very irritating. Can I take them out?