Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Sci-Fi Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Kevin, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Paramount has released the official trailer for Transormers: Dark of the Moon. Dark of the Moon is the 3rd movie in the franchise to be done be Michael Bay.

In this installment it is discovered that the NASA moon landers were a cover-up for the real mission of the US military to explore giant robot remains found on the moon surface. Those robots turn out to be Decepticons and now they are intending to invade Earth.

2. nativenod

nativenod Scout

This looks amazing! I wasn't too thrilled about the 2nd movie, but I'm liking the action in this one.

3. Kevin

4. The Master

The Master Zombie killer

Yeah this one looks a lot better than the second one. I don't know what Bay was thinking when he decided to make it like that... Ah well... Very very excited about Dark of the Moon though! I love Transformers... Apparently in the third film "Those that die stay dead". Anyone got any new spoilers for the movie? Thanks.

5. Kevin

So far one of the few notable items is that Shockwave will be in it (not to be confused with Soundwave from the 2nd film who took over the communications satellite). Shockwave, in the Transformers universe, is on on par with Megatron and usually means big trouble for the Autobots. You can see Shockwave in the trailer at around the 1:30 mark... he's the big angry looking guy with a single huge red eye and a huge cannon as his right hand.

6. The Master

The Master Zombie killer

Yeah he is pretty much the ultimate badass. I hope none of the Autobots die, though, I have become strangely attached to them...

7. Tim

Tim Creative Writer

After finally getting to see this film, I have to say it is a massive improvement on those that came before it, which we had to see because of the character continuation.

There were a LOT of quite funny jokes for the world weary and the SFX and action scenes were less about vehicles turning into robots and more vista style, full-on alien invasion type.

This honestly has to be one of the best films I've seen this year (not that there has been much competition tbh)

8. The Master

The Master Zombie killer

Agreed. I was very impressed with it, but baffled by their reasons for killing off Ironhide.

Thoughts on the new girl? Carly?

Personally, I thought she was OK except for the scene in which she just stood there amidst the battle looking like she has been hit over the head with a spade. She's just in the film for her body, basically, just like Megan Fox. (Good riddance to her, by the way.)

9. The Master

The Master Zombie killer

The jokes were good, mostly, in this film actually. Much unlike ROTF, which just made me cringe. At least the robots get a bigger role in this film, which ROTF was missing and there was actually a REAL plot-line this time. One that actually made sense, that is. DOTM was a refreshing change from the complete abomination of the second film, and more dark than the first one. The first film wasn't bad, it had a plot-line, and it was predominantly about robots, which I enjoyed, but there weren't enough fight scenes for my liking. This all changed in the third film, and the superb animation and great sound quality made this seem all the more effective. I even found myself tearing up at particular parts, which didn't happen at all in the other films. Another thing I didn't like about ROTF was that they bought in all new and unknown characters, then didn't explain how or why they got there. With DOTM, although they did bring in new characters, they explained legitimately where they came from, how they got there, and why they were there in the first place. And at least they were tolerable characters too. Not like Wheelie or the horrible twins from ROTF, who just made stupid jokes and screwed everything up the whole time. Trying to make that film comical for the kids was a bad move. (Anyone get my reference there?)
    And these characters magically disappeared for the third film, which... confused me slightly, but I suppose it was really for the best.

All in all, DOTM was a very enjoyable film, and I recommend it if you, like me, found ROTF to be very irritating. Can I take them out?

10. Starbeast from Planet X

Starbeast from Planet X Benevolent Galaxy Being

This is the worst movie I've seen this summer. I disliked just about every annoying character in it and I wish I was not talked into seeing it.

11. The Master

The Master Zombie killer

Aw, that's a shame. I personally really enjoyed it. What about it didn't you like?