'Tron: Original Movie Adaptation' Comic Preview

Robby

Helper Bot
'Tron: Original Movie Adaptation' Comic Preview
(Via MTV Splash Page)

MTV Splash Page said:
281x21125.jpg
Last month, we got a peek at Marvel's "Tron Legacy" prequel comic, which will span the time between the 1982 film and the upcoming live-action sequel later this year. But for those who haven't checked out the original "Tron" — or might just want a refresher course — Marvel has you covered.

Hitting shelves next month, Marvel's "Tron: Original Movie Adaptation" is a two-issue adaptation of the 1982 film that sent quirky gaming guru Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) into the heart of one of his own creations to do battle with the sinister Master Control Program. The comic will be written by comics veteran Peter David ("X-Factor"), with interior art from Mirco Pierfederici and covers by Greg Land and Salvador Larocca.

Of course, I can't recommend this as a substitute for the original "Tron" — the movie holds up better than you might expect — but it might be a good way to get your head back into Flynn's Arcade before the sequel hits theater. You can check out a preview of the comic here on Splash Page and decide for yourself!

Click on the thumbnails below to view each page:

Official synopsis:

Your First Look At TRON: ORIGINAL MOVIE ADAPTATION #1!

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Tron: Original Movie Adaptation #1, from acclaimed author Peter David and rising star artist Mirco Pierfederici along with covers by Greg Land and a stunning variant cover by Salvador Larocca! In anticipation of Walt Disney Pictures' 3D high-tech adventure, TRON: LEGACY, in theaters on Dec. 17, 2010, Marvel Comics is proud to bring to you a stunning new visualization of the original TRON film. Learn the secrets of the Tron Universe. Discover its cast of dynamic characters. Witness the events of the legendary film in an all-new comic event with Tron: Original Movie Adaptation #1!

TRON: ORIGINAL MOVIE ADAPTATION #1 (of 2) (SEP100542)
TRON: ORIGINAL MOVIE ADAPTATION #1 LAROCCA VARIANT (SEP100543)
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by MIRCO PIERFEDERICI
Cover by GREG LAND
Variant Cover by SALVADOR LAROCCA
Rated A ...$3.99
© 2010 Disney Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved
FOC - 10/14/10, On-Sale - 11/3/10

"Tron: Original Movie adaptation" hits shelves November 3. The "Tron Legacy" prequel, "Tron: Betrayal," is available now.

Let us know what you think in the comment section or on Twitter! You can also follow me, Splash Page editor Rick Marshall, on Twitter!

Ooooh.... I haven't stepped foot in a comics store in years but this just might push me into it.

The comic book looks great and has simular images of the original film.

There was a time when I couldn't get enough of the stand-up coin-operated game. I worked at a drive-in long ago and I had the key to it. Free Play!

Back