Animation Tron: Uprising

Alien Soup

Head Chef
Tron: Uprising will be a new animated series by Disney in 2012.

Currently signed to voice the series are with Elijah Wood (Lord of the Rings), Mandy Moore, Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman), Bruce Boxleitner (Babylon 5), Lance Henriksen (Millennium), and Emmanuelle Chirqui (Entourage).

Wood is to voice the character Beck, "who leads a revolution inside the Grid's computer world."

A video clip for the new series has been released.

Tron: Uprising will begin airing on Disney Xd (that's like Disney Channel for Boys) during the Summer of 2012 and it sports an impressive voice cast including Elijah Wood, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Mandy Moore, Paul Reubens, Nate Corddry, Lance Henriksen and Bruce Boxleitner, who will reprise his role as Tron. There's also a 10-part micro-series in the works that will premiere in the Fall.

I am interested in how this show will play out. I am hoping for something a little better than the Star Wars CGI show and lot better than Stargate Infinity.

I'm also looking forward to this Tron Legacy show. I hope that this is a sign that Disney will be giving more of their movies companions on the little screen.

To be more precise, I hope that Disney's John Carter of Mars movie will get an animated tie-in television show.

Disney XD has released a new trailer for the upcoming Tron: Uprising animated series. The new trailer shows actual animation from the show.

... The new trailer shows actual animation from the show. ...
At around the 0:50 mark, does the animation style remind anybody else of the Teen Titans style, in particular the fights between Robin & Slade?

On a different note, I'm hoping that the new video was just uploaded at a low resolution because the earlier trailer from Comic-Con 2011 seemed to be a lot sharper. It'd be a mistake do a Tron animated series in standard definition ratio & resolution instead of HD. I'm still surprised the relaunched Thundercats was in SD instead of HD.

First episode now online

It looks really good! I'm not sure how it fits into the continuity though. Tron is normal? Who's General Tesler and why isn't he in the movie?

Bonus: Paul Ruebens plays evil "Pavel"

It looks really good! I'm not sure how it fits into the continuity though. Tron is normal? Who's General Tesler and why isn't he in the movie?
The series takes place between the two Tron movies. A lot of the background for the premise of the series is explained in the Tron: Legacy movie. If you haven't seen yet I'll avoid giving away the details. :P

The series takes place between the two Tron movies. A lot of the background for the premise of the series is explained in the Tron: Legacy movie. If you haven't seen yet I'll avoid giving away the details. :P

I have seen the sequel. I'm assuming it's like The Clone Wars where at some time before Revenge of the Sith Ahsoka Tano dies and Count Dooku forgets that he's fought Anakin and Obi-Wan a thousand times before.

Tron Legacy was under-rated. The story was weak, but the visuals are outstanding.

Just watched "Beck's Beginning"... looks interesting enough.

For anybody with DirecTV... be sure to catch it on Disney XD HD (292). Disney Channel HD (290) is showing the SD version and Disney Channel West (291) is entirely SD.