True Colors

Thanks guys so much for the reviews. I luv ya so much…

True Colors

Chapter 3

“I that‘s Nadia. I’d know that va va voom body anywhere,” Eric whispered to Sydney’s ear with a laugh and pointed to the other side of the large room where Nadia was indeed standing by the buffet table. Lauren was nearby as well, talking to a man in his early 50’s, most likely a journalist.

“I’ll see you later Sydney, that buffet table to looking good right about now. I’m dying to get some of those cucumber sandwiches and my wife is looking too good to be left alone with these literary freaks,” Eric quipped and left to where her sister was standing.

Sydney rolled her eyes as she watched Eric and Nadia share a passionate lip lock. She so didn’t need to see that and made a beeline for her former sister-in-law.

“….‘True Colors’ is based on my experiences being a 20something woman with more than her share of family baggage,” Lauren explained carefully for the 50th time today. She loved promoting her book, but these reporters could at least come up with some new questions for a change. Lauren was happy to notice Sydney making her way to her, meaning that she now had a good excuse to end this tedious interview.

“Thank you for your interest for my book. I’m sorry to end this so abruptly, but I need to talk to my sister-in-law about something.” Lauren said regretfully to the man and greeted Sydney with a kiss to her cheek.

“I’m sorry Lauren that I haven’t been keeping in touch that much lately, but it’s just the divorce and I didn’t want to put you in an awkward position, he’s your brother after all,” Sydney said before Lauren could get a word edgewise. She felt like she should just get it over with and then she could ask Lauren for a favor.

“Well, I could have phoned also, but I figured you needed a rest from all things Vaughn. Now that all this messiness is over, you don’t have any excuse not to call or visit.” Lauren replied with a knowing wink. She was looking for an opening to be able to ask about Mike’s insistence that he and Sydney were getting back together. She was curious but didn’t want to come across as a Nosey Nelly, as Julian in his delectable British accent sometimes accused her of being.

“Thanks for sending me a copy of your book, I’m really proud of you Lauren. I love the way you write, but I need to know how much of Serena is based on me? If she’s me, then we need to talk about how you see me!” Sydney said in a mock annoyed voice while studying the blonde’s expression, Lauren must have thought she wasn’t going to read it.

“Well, it’s sort of based on you, but I took some character traits you have and exaggerated them for the purposes of fiction. Writers do it all the time, besides I didn’t write myself as perfect, Lori is as flawed as the next person,” Lauren said not getting that Sydney was only joking, wanting to explain some of the characterations she had made about the other woman.

“I’m kidding, I don’t mind. Not everyday can you say that you were an inspirations to a best-selling book. By the way, is your book editor here tonight? I remember you raving about him when you got the book deal and I’d like to meet him,” Sydney said hoping to mask the real reason she wanted to meet him, he would be perfect way to show Michael that she was over him.

“Yeah, Will’s here. He’s a really great guy, without him my book would have never been published. There he is, see that tall blonde man down there,” Lauren said waving at the direction where the man was standing. He noticed Lauren’s gesture and made his way to the two women.

“Hi handsome stranger, this is my friend Sydney Bristow and this fabulous guy is Will Tippin.” Lauren said doing the introduction and noticed the look of interest on both of their faces.

“Nice to meet you, Lauren’s been telling me a lot of things about you,” Sydney said in her best effort to be flirty. She hoped she still knew how to flirt and talk to a guy who wasn’t her friend. Eric hadn’t been much help in that department since not only was he married to her sister, but treated Sydney like a little sister.

“Good things I hope. I’m afraid my knowledge of you is limited to your name and that you are very beautiful,” Will replied also in a flirty way, he liked her already but Lauren had told him about Sydney’s messy divorce in confidence that he had promised not to repeat to anyone, even Sydney herself.

--

Michael was impatiently waiting for the person on the phone to answer. This was the third time he had called today and still there was no answer. He absolutely hated it when people who had cell phones never answered them. This person was pivotal in his plan to win Sydney back.

He also noticed how Sydney was talking to his sister and some guy that might have been Lauren’s book editor Will Tippin, but he wasn’t entirely sure. He had met him briefly, but the guy had been so uninteresting that he had barely noticed he was in the room. Plus he was so desperately been drooling over his sister in a way that Michael found pathetic and kinda sad. True, he didn’t like Julian Lazarey very much, but at least he had a set of cojones and that was something Tippin didn’t have.

“Finally, I’ve been calling for ages. Were you asleep or something? Anyway remember what we talked about yesterday, I need you to do it now. You got the address? Good, have them delivered to there in a few hours. Thanks a lot, I’ll owe you big time,” Michael said to whoever he was talking to. Sydney would not be able to flat-out ignore him after the delivery. Things were looking up right now.

To be continued…

michael needs to fix things between them fast. i never liked the idea of will and syd together...
awesome update sweetie :hug:
thanks for the pm.
can't wait for more!

~Kay ^_^

I don't know what to make of all of this. I am curious as to what's going on with Micheal and see what he's got up his sleeve. Not sure what to make of their divorce and why they got divorced...we'll have to see if Vaughn can make up for all his dirty deeds...

Can I get a pm when you update? Thanks!

Thanks guys so much for reading and reviewing. I hope you like this chapter. Luv ya :love: :hug:

True Colors

Chapter 4

“Miss Bristow, do you want to dance,” Will asked a little awkwardly, but she found it cute and agreed to go to the dance floor with him. Will certainly didn’t have Michaels charm, which could sweep a person off her feet, but wasn’t driven by his ego in the same way as her ex husband was as far as she could observe and that was a good thing.

“Sure, I’d love to,” Sydney smiled and noticed the excited look on Lauren’s face, she didn’t object rather was eagerly pushing the twosome to the dance floor with satisfaction. They would make a great couple in her opinion, she needed to get over Michael and Will needed something to do other than burying himself into manuscripts.

“Lauren! I thought you where a writer, not a matchmaker,” Michael said coming behind her and looking at her in that familiar big brother kinda way Lauren knew very well. She signed and turned around, preparing to be scolded.

“You’re divorced, she wants nothing to do with you. I think Syd would like you more if you would give her some space, she might even start missing you. The more you appear, pushing your way back into her life, the more she’s going to hate you.” Lauren said matter-of-factly, she was tired of Michael’s attitude.

“I’m sorry, I just want Sydney back so badly. I guess I always thought that she would forgive me for anything and towards the end, I treaded her like a doormat. We were so good together, I know we can still be,” Michael said and looking at where Syd was dancing with Will, having a good time.

“I know you love her and she still loves you, but there is too much water under the bridge at least right now. Now, moving from you moping back to me, I wanna take you to lunch at the Ivy tomorrow. I have some big news and I hope you’ll be happy for me,” Lauren said a little hesitantly, really wanting her big brother to be there for her this time.

“Are you and Julian getting married? I wouldn’t marry the boy wonder if I was you, I don‘t think he‘ll make you happy in the long run,” Michael said looking directly into Lauren’s blue eyes, the ones that mirrored his own green ones.

“Darling no offence, but you are the last person I’d take marriage advise from. Besides you don’t need to worry, he hasn’t asked me to marry him, not yet anyway,” Lauren noted irritated, she was 27 years old and didn’t need her big brother telling her what to do.

“If you’re not getting married, what is it then? You know me, I will pester until you tell me, I’m way too inpatient to wait to tomorrow.” Michael laughed stopping the waitress and taking to glasses of champagne and offering Lauren a glass.

“I’m pregnant.” Lauren noted simply, giggling when she noticed Michael had taken a sip of champagne at the same time and was now coughing looking horrified.

--

“I must confess that I know more about you than just your name,” Will said when they had been twirling on the dance floor for a few moments in silence.

“I already kinda knew that one, you’ve worked with Lauren for the past year and she can’t keep a secret to save her life. She has very loose lips,” Sydney laughed and didn’t actually mind Will knowing, at least she didn’t have to explain her complicated history to him.

“For what it’s worth, but I think he was a dumb jerk to cheat on you. Lauren even agrees,” Will said honestly and really meant it.

“Do you like Lauren? I mean more than just a regular client, because you can’t stop talking about her. It kinda reminds me of how I was before Michael and I became a couple.” Sydney asked, really wanting to know the answer.

“I know it’s pathetic, but yes I do really like her. I’m almost thirty and can’t tell her that I like her, how sad is that? I know she has a boyfriend and I can’t compete with a suave British millionaire. I’m rambling, I’m sorry.” Will apologized. Here he was dancing with a gorgeous woman and he couldn’t shut up about another woman.

“I think its sweet. It’s nice than I’m not the only one who wants things they can’t have.” Sydney smiled at him, not really minding that her dance companion had feelings for another woman, now they could mope together about their misfortune. She had needed someone like, a person who had a broken hart. Almost everyone in her life were married or in a happy relationship, they couldn’t understand. Even her dad, who was the most unhappy divorced person she had known, was now a happily married person with a new wife half his age. That naturally would make most men happy and Jack Bristow was no exception.

“I know what my impossible dream is, but what’s yours. Sorry, that was probably too personal of a question, you don’t need to answer it. I’ll just shut up now,” Will said offering a bashful smile to the stunning brunette he was dancing with.

“I want Michael back the way he was when we were newlyweds. The sweet, caring, empathetic, loving, loyal and mine, he was the perfect man until he became a big shot nightclub owner with scantily clad women throwing themselves at him. That’s impossible since I don’t have a time turner. Michael was completely different before all the hype his club got and he started believing he was all that,” Sydney said with a sign and forced a smile on her ruby lips as a way not to come across as pathetic as she felt.

“I guess that’s how we men are, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and we don’t know how good we have it made until we’ve lost it. Lauren told me about your ‘hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’ phase, but do you still hate him as much that you did when his cheating was exposed?” Will asked, now more comfortably as Sydney indeed wanted to talk about this.

“I mean I hate him, I want him to suffer and burn in hell, but I still love him. I can’t shut out 11 years we spent together, I’ve tried but even burning all of his clothes didn’t make me as happy as I would have thought. I don’t want to turn into one of those bitter ex-wife’s, who live for hurting their ex.” Sydney said and wanted to continue, but was interrupted by Michael who had cut in between her and Will and was now twirling Sydney on the dance floor leaving the confused looking Will to leave the dance floor.

To be continued….

Next chapter: Michael and Sydney talk while something is delivered to Syd.

aww that was great! i loved it :D
i hope that michael is able to sweep her off her feet and that syd and Will are able to be good friends!
thanks for the PM cant wait for more :P

oh wow
it was nice to know what happened! you know with vaughn and stuff
what the heck did he think
that syd would just b happyu
haha he can be kinda sillly

Back