Drama True Detective

Gemma

Captain
Title: True Detective

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2014-01-12

Creator: Nic Pizzolatto

Cast: Mahershala Ali, Stephen Dorff, Carmen Ejogo, Scoot McNairy, Ray Fisher

Overview: An American anthology police detective series utilizing multiple timelines in which investigations seem to unearth personal and professional secrets of those involved, both within or outside the law.
True Detective

I've only seen the first 3 episodes so far but this is potentially one of the best mini series out there if the standard so far keeps up. I can't wait to see where this is going, superb acting as well.

I think I'll have to rewatch the episodes again just to make sure I'm catching everything, even the accent is sometimes difficult to understand at times. Both Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey are brilliant and the tone and atmosphere of the show is fantastic.

Oooh, I'm watching this also and am at the same spot, the first three episodes!

I don't know if it is because the mini-series format allows the story to be fleshed out more or if it is just a good story so far but the acting by Harrelson & McConaughey is some of the best I've seen them do in ages.

For those not already watching, in the US at least it is airing on HBO and you can catch up on the prior episodes using HBO on-demand.

McConaughey and Woody work brilliantly opposite one another. Their relationship is comical at times, very chalk and cheese! I never really liked Matthew McConaughey before (except The Lincoln Lawyer) but lately this performances have been on a different level.

I loved that scene at the end of episode 3, it was very haunting. I just wish it was on Netflix, I can't be doing with this waiting for the next one each week!

This has just started airing in the UK. I'm recording it at the moment, it's not my typical tv-viewing, but there's just something about it that appeals to me (the other half says that "something" is Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey - he might be right, I could possibly be that shallow!)

Before I watch it though, I'm curious if anyone else has seen it and give me some indication of whether it is actually any good :D

I just watched the trailer and I'm ehh... borrowing it from the public library right now! When will things ever start airing properly in Sweden.