• I belive in both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I believe in love.. but not that

• I don't believe in anything

• Total voters
Joyie said:
I don't believe in soulmates. I don't believe in love at first sight... but I do believe in lust at first sight. ;) :lol:

I do believe in having one true love. But I also believe that you won't always end up with your true love...
Ditto

Well said, Joyie!

soul mates exist, they don't neccessarily have to be a couple to be soul mates though. true love exists, but i've never experienced it. i want to have the feeling where there is someone who loves me and it's the type of love that transforms your soul and makes you and the person better because you are together.

i believe in both. i know there are a lot of people who don't believe in love at first sight cos looks are deciving and that, but it's not the looks that attract, it's the look. the one where your eyes meet and you know that person is your soulmate. :blush: i think it's hard to believe it if it's never happened to you. it has to me and then he went away, and it still hurts 5 years later. so i believe and will always believe in soul mates, though mine has come and gone. (n)

Having said that, that was only my partner soulmate. i have friend soulmates who i know will be around forever. Hurrah!!

And Joyie, i completely agree about lust at first sight, although it can drive you absolutely crazy.

im not sure what i believe in. definetely love, maybe even love at first sight. but then again, ive never really experienced either so i have no idea!

How can you believe in love at first sight? I just don't get it. The person might be beautiful on the outside, but what about their inside?

Hey it's just something that happens, and you don't necessarily understand why. It's just like this, you don't have t understand it, you have to feel it.

I don't believe in anything. The high divorce rates in this country have proved how very short true love exists. As for "love at first sight" I consider it more of as "lust at first sight".

hmm...but sometimes can lust at first sight wind up being love at first sight? i dunno...i kinda agree with the lust thing. but im not sure that there isnt love at first sight also.

I believe in Soulmates, I really do. I believe that there can be two people in the world that are meant just for each other, and if you're lucky enough you can find them and hold on to them... I don't know about love at first sight, I believe firmly in lust at first sight and attraction at first sight and weird feelings about people at first sight, but not quite love.... I believe I have found my Soulmate though. For some reason the moment I met him, before we even spoke I knew I'd be with him... but it wasn't like I loved him then or anything, it was just a weird intuition thing... Now I reallythink we will be with each other forever though... yeah I'm being mushy, you can shoot me now :love:

lust is just lust. you want the personal physically but nothing more than that. when it's true love, then it gets deeper. like you can't stand being apart from them. you pick up on their small habits, you take note of every single little thing that they do. yeah, it may last for awhile, but it never lasts for long. especially after that first kid pops out. yup... -_-

what about when your a teenager, and you see someone and youre physically attracted to them. is that lust? or is it possible that its LIKE? or what about LOVE? or even when youre older and you see someone across the room. how do you determine the difference between lust/like/love?

MVhunny said:
what about when your a teenager, and you see someone and youre physically attracted to them. is that lust? or is it possible that its LIKE? or what about LOVE? or even when youre older and you see someone across the room. how do you determine the difference between lust/like/love?
My definitions:
Lust = you find them physically attractive and would like to ... (fill in the blank here on your own in an attempt to be family friendly)
Like = harder to define. You enjoy a person's company, their personality is one that you can get along with, you don't know a lot about them - but you would like to get to know them
Love = very hard to define. Essentially - you know this person in and out, you can accept their flaws as well as their strengths - it is a very deep emotion, and can take many different forms.

As for love at first sight - I just don't believe that you can love somebody without even knowing them at all. You can be attracted to them, you can even think that you like them...but until you really know a person - you can't love them.

Back