~True Love~

Ok i know i have so many in progress fics. . .
But i just had to write this one up for the spirit of Chrismas! Its totally romance angst!

Let me know what you all think. . .
The beginning might sound weird but i promise its S/V all the way!

~True Love.~

Sydney happily ran around the kitchen preparing dinner.
It was going to be lonely tonight. . .Without her fiance there but he was still away on business in France.
Sydney danced along to the song on the radio as she poured a cup of coffee.
She was about to check the spaghetti on the stove when the phone rang.
She sashayed over to the phone and picked it up.
"Nick. . Is that you?" she purred hoping it was her fiance on the phone.
"Sydney. . .I screwed up. . " Nick spoke his voice heavy with regret.
Sydney frowned as she stared absentmindedly at the wedding gown which hung on her closet door.
She and Nick were suppose to be getting married in ten days time. . .
On chrismas day.
"Whats wrong honey?" Sydney asked twirling the telephone cord.
"I've fallen in love. . With another woman." he said.
Sydney's eyes widened.
"Haha. .Thats not really funny Nick. . "
"Im not joking Sydney. . .I just met her a few days ago. . And it was love at first sight." Nick explained.
"What?! Nick. . How can you say that. . .What happened to us?!" Sydney cried out in horror.
"I dont know Syd. . .I just totally lost it for her. . She's french and beautiful. . ."
"We were suppose to get married! How can you do this to me. . .After all we've been through. " Sydney, unbidden felt tears slide down her cheeks.
"Im sorry Syd. . Really i am. . "
Sydney slammed the phone down and slid to the floor crying.
"How could he do this to me." she sobbed brokenly.
Everything had been going so well, she had gotten that promotion. . .Nick had proposed to her. . .
Just then the phone rang again and Sydney clumsily wiped the tears away and stood up.
She slowly answered it. . .And then pulled it away from her ear with a wince as she heard shouting.
It was Nick's mother.
"Sydney! Did that fool call you! He was suppose to marry you. . .Just when i thought i had that idiot settled he falls in love with some french whore! I wont let him marry her!" the mother bellowed in anger.
Sydney slowly put the phone back to her ear.
"And how do you think youre gonna stop him?" Sydney asked feeling a little more calm now.
For a moment there was just heavy breathing on the other side as Nick's mom 'Betty' contemplated her question.
"You have to go to France. . .And show him how much you means to you."
Sydney sagged against the wall.
"I dont know. . If i can do that. . "
"Yes you can! Please Sydney. . .My son loves you. . He just needs a wake up call." Betty pleaded with her.
"Ok Betty. . I'll do it. . ." Sydney whispered as she slowly hung up.
She had to do this.
She needed to do this.
She didnt want to be alone and pathetic on chrismas eve like all those typical failure types. . .
"Why the heck do you need to check my luggage! What you think? I've got bombs in here?" Sydney snapped at the terminal guard as he checked her luggage.
She heard the guy behind her laugh and she wheeled around to glare at him.
"You dont look like the terrorist type to me." he smiled as he stuck out his hand.
"Im Micheal Vaughn by the way." he introduced himself.
She blinked as she found herself staring at him.
He was cute. . .
She hadnt felt such instant attraction to anyone ever before.
Hadnt Nick told her that was how he felt about the first time they had met?
This thought instantly soured everything and Sydney with much effort glared at Micheal.
"Did i ask for your name? Typical guy. . .Trying to hit on every girl in sight. . ." she cursed as she glared at the guard.
"Are you DONE now!" she yelled and the guard shakily handed her back her luggage.
As she strode down the aisle towards her seat She heard Micheal giggle behind her.
"Ah. . A feisty woman? Arent you?"
She just kept on walking
ignoring him.
With a sigh she settled down in her seat and pulled out her IPOD and turned it on securing the earplugs.
'Call Me When You're Sober' by Evanescence blared into her ears and she exhaled deeply shutting her eyes.
She sang along to the last parts of the chorus and when it ended she opened her eyes to select the next song.
Except she got the shock of her life when she realised who had taken the seat next to her.
Micheal Vaughn.

Hate it? Like it? Please Review. :D

The only good thing about Sydney going to France is that she's meeting Michael for the first time. Because, I'm sure, going won't help save her engagement with Nick. She'll only end up embarrassed and humiliated.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Except she got the shock of her life when she realised who had taken the seat next to her.
Micheal Vaughn.
exciting!!! :smiley: :smiley:
i cant wait to see what happens when and if they get talking??? and i hope she does not ighnre him becase that would be mean zoey! right!!! :blink: <- closest to wink i could find!

thanks for the pm
and can i have one when you update next!

I laughed when Betty called, I mean if Nick hadn't called Sydney that was a wonderful way for her to find out. I kind of reminds me when Jack told Sydney Shepard had killed Danny.

Add me to the pm list, please! :smiley:

Back