Season 2 truth takes time? what does that mean?

sdmix

Cadet
okay so i was all "kill her kill her kill her!!!" about Irina for the entire episode, but then she sends Syd the "truth takes time" message. what was that about? what does it mean? does it mean that she is really still working for the CIA, but trying to make it look like she's working with Sloane in order to secure him for the CIA? it could be interpreted in that way. and so in a way i would be happy cause then she's not bad and i don't want her to be bad. and since Emily is dead now, Sloane has nothing left to hold on to. and he was gonna quit his Rambaldi escapade and everything. but with her dead he's gonna go all out. i think that any compassion or morality he had left just went down the toilet. so he's even more dangerous. which then if Irina is still loyal (at least for the moment) to the CIA then Sloane would still be the big villain. but perhaps she means something else entirely, but i don't really have a good idea about what that would be yet....

anyone else?

Sloane is always going to be the biggest villain. And now that Emily is dead he has nothing left to lose. Things are going to get ugly.

Oh and Irina is totally good. :P

no matter what her agenda is she's already helped Sloane and Sark kill a bunch of people, explode a building!, sure she saved Sydney, but a bunch of other people didn't get out!! But she loves Sydney, no matter how good/evil she is. I think she meant she's gonna explain her motives to Sydney one of these days...if Sydney doesn't shoot her brains out first.

I know, I'm not sure what's going on with Irina. And why did she save Sydney???? I'm like WHAT??!?!?!?!?! IS SHE GOOD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Didn't Irina say Truth Takes Time to Sydney one time when she was talking to her? And also, I thought the CIA checked that the earring had no electronics on it. Hmmm...
-Freelancer

Well, Sark&Sloane also didn't find the tracker on/in Irina until it activated...so I'm thinking the earrings are the same type of thing. And yes, Irina did on at least one occasion tell Syd that truth takes time. I hope she's ultimately good...just a leetle too obsessed with Rambaldi for her own good :blush:

Vaughn was right about Syd you know. She did hesitate to shot Irina, and when she did, she shot her SHOULDER!!!!! She could've gotten her!! But NO, she didn't wanna hurt mommy!!! Sheesh!

Yep. But if she'd shot her, less excitement and tension in future episodes. It's like if Keanu Reeves had thought to shoot the tires of the bus in "Speed". It would have all been over.

Silverdewdrop said:
Yep. But if she'd shot her, less excitement and tension in future episodes. It's like if Keanu Reeves had thought to shoot the tires of the bus in "Speed". It would have all been over.
i totally agree... but i hate the fact that Irina is evil. :angry: i thought it was so cute when Irina called out to Sydney so that she would chase her and she wouldn't die. At least she actually does care for Syd.

:rolleyes: "Truth takes time" said Irina to Sydney in "The Enemy Walks In" episode. Sydney was on her knees, head to the floor (at IRina's instructions) and everyone said, What the hell is that all about? :confused:
Well alias addicts we didn't get much closer to it either in this episode. A pair of earrings tinkle out in morse code the same words. Arrrrggghh, it's damned frustrating.
I still think Irina's the most interesting complex character that the writers have developed.
I agree with Verdantheart that she loves her daughter and more than Sydney knows.
So we have to be patient and wait as the season winds down. :woot:

Im guessing that the message meant that everything will be explained all in good time and not to start distrusting her again just now. She is doing something that she has to do for a good reason im sure. And to just believe in her.

:rolleyes: Sometimes I don't think SHE knows what she's up to (no just kidding). She knows the goal, it's just that we don't. She is ruthless and deadly earnest about Sloane's messing with SYdney in any way. If I were Sloane, II'd watch my back. :angry:

Back