Try City of Heros / Villains BOTH for free

Luciro

Cadet
Alrighty, I play CoH / CoV at the moment because it's the only MMO that doesn't make me yawn whenever I log in. Which is EXTREMELY odd considering it isn't exactly content packed. Might be the play system? Might be the fact my characters look EXACTLY how I want them to. Which is sort of a HJ hope of mine as well as many others.

http://files.filefront.com/6552414 <- FF is offering up for a limited time a free 14-day trial of the City of games. No credit card info, real name info, anything like that is required since they generate your key for you right away. The specs range from really low to really high to enjoy the game on many type of computers and a SETTINGS TIP! If you don't have the physicsX card deal, just turn physics down to 25% or lower. That'll kick up your frame rate quite a bit.

I play on Champion if anyone joins in. Plus I have a couple low low characters now on Virtue since I found out it's the unoffical RP server. Just figured I'd share the news with ya'll.

Cool, Luciro! Thanks for the link. I think I'll grab the file now just in case I get some time to try it out. I've heard lots of good things about CoH, but I have yet to try it out.

Cool. I was always a fan of CoH, but I never got the chance to try CoV. I guess now I'll get that chance. Thanks for the info!

CoH... one of the worst MMOs I have ever had the misfortune to sample.

It's great that some of you love it - everyone has their own tastes - but I thought it was frigging awful, to be quite honest.

Well since you hate it then why follow HJ at all? 90% of the features explained for HJ thus far and their systems are already in action in either game. You have primary and secondary classing. You can look how ever you want. The game is skill based not stat. Instanced missions with impressive archs. The term 'slotting' will be used the same in HJ as in CoH/V. Interactive environments. On top of that, I even bet there will be inspiration styled personal buffs out there for solo players to make it through.

Does anyone disagree with any of that?

Well since you hate it then why follow HJ at all? 90% of the features explained for HJ thus far and their systems are already in action in either game.
You know, there was a thread a few days ago someone bagged instances and I made a similar post to what you just said, having a crack that HJ was instance-friendly, so did they realise they were hanging around for something they hated... and it turned into WWIII. I'm not going into that style of argument again.

Given that I didn't actually specify which parts of the game don't resonate with me (unlike the poster who specifically defined instances as something that pissed him off), I don't think you can really comment on what I'm talking about, in terms of what I don't like and what you think is in the game. And, besides, I think your 90% figure is ambitious, too. HJ isn't CoH/CoV. That's just a bizarre comparison, to be honest.

In a sense, it's like saying that two cars are "the same" because, hey, they both have four wheels, they both have four seats, they're both painted red, they both have a/c, they both have glass windows, etc, etc, etc. But, when you get down to it, one's a Hyundai Excel and the other is a Ford Mustang. Can you see my point that similar features doesn't mean the game will be the same? Ergo, just because I don't like CoH, doesn't mean anything, really, when it comes to HJ, even if you can point to similar features in both.

...I'd totally say those cars are the same. :| As to whether or not HJ and CoH/CoV are the same? Not so much. Similar features, but different game play styles. I think the only reason not liking CoH/CoV would keep you from liking HJ is if you were, like, "I hate this feature so much that I've carved it into my thigh with a steak knife just so I could cross it out! X-( " I mean, you're crazy blur, but you aren't that crazy. ;)

Different game play styles? I disagree, based totally on what in game footage we all have seen 100 times. Whatever tho'. It'll be your surprise. Or both of ours when they rework the game for the umpteenth time.

If you played CoH back in I1 or I2 then I can imagined if you were angry. But now CoH has been very good. I still have my lvl 18 MA/Scrapper (Daax) on Champion.

Who here loves travel powers? Super Jump ftw!!!

Oh hell yeah. Super jump, super speed, flying...

Teleport? Notsomuch. But the others do rock. Teleport takes too much timing for me, and with lag... I end up comically plummeting to earth. SPLAT.

Back