Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

trying to figure out a movie title

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi and Fantasy Talk' started by blaze101, Mar 31, 2008.

Tags:
  1. blaze101

blaze101 Cadet

ive been searching everywhere for this movie, all i remember is someone discovers a transmission to another world a figures out the transmission is a alien televison show broadcast and earth is just a show for another world. any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

Galaxy Quest

3. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

In addition to Galaxy Quest, some other TV episodes you may be thinking of include...

- Dr. Who, The Long Game

-
    South Park, Cancelled

4. blaze101

blaze101 Cadet

no i dont think its galaxy quest, during the movie they also mention how earth is the only planet with all the different species, galaxy quest is a good movie though

5. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Are you sure it was a movie and not the South Park episode I mentioned? So far you've described it exactly including the reference about Earth being the only planet with so many different species & races.

6. blaze101

blaze101 Cadet

im positive it wasnt a cartoon i remember the part the signal was discoverd i just wish i rememberd more of it, thanks for all ur help though ill let you know if i ever figure it out.

7. dispatcher54

dispatcher54 Scout

Sounds like a Twilight Zone or Outer limits episode