Drama Tulsa King

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Title: Tulsa King

Genre: Crime, Drama

First aired: 2022-11-13

Creator: Taylor Sheridan

Cast: Sylvester Stallone, Andrea Savage, Max Casella, Martin Starr, Domenick Lombardozzi, Vincent Piazza, Jay Will, Alan C. Peterson, Garrett Hedlund, Dana Delany

Overview: Just after he is released from prison after 25 years, New York mafia capo Dwight “The General” Manfredi is unceremoniously exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa, Okla. Realizing that his mob family may not have his best interests in mind, Dwight slowly builds a “crew” from a group of unlikely characters, to help him establish a new criminal empire in a place that to him might as well be another planet.
Tulsa King

I've been hearing good things about Tulsa King with Sylvester Stallone on Paramount+ so I gave it a try this afternoon. I actually liked and was ready to binge watch it since it's a long weekend (off for Thanksgiving and day after here in the US). Watched episode 1, let episode 2 finish, and then.... nothing. Ah, dang it! I forgot that Paramount+ doesn't release the whole season like Netflix does, I'll have to come back next week again to watch episode 3 like a caveman watching weekly TV shows as they air. 😁

Something that surprised me is that Stallone is playing a character who is his actual age. At the time of the show filming that would've been 75 and that's how old his character is. He's a spry senior.

For those that like curiosities, check out the "Center of the Universe" in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Apparently it is a spot in a public square where if you stand in the middle any sound you make is echoed back to you and anybody outside of the spot just hears a muffled sound.

I was really expecting the S1 finale to be a bit more action packed. The finale resolved the S1 main antagonist story line but it was a bit all... expected? 🤔 Even with the slight time-jump I was really expecting more story to be packed into the finale. If there is a S2 my guess is that it'll be focused on the battle between the Tulsa crew and Chickie's NY crew. Hopefully there is a S2, I haven't heard anything yet.