Turn Around

Turn Around
By: I_<3_ALIAS (aka Lauren)

Summary: What happens when Syd and Vaughn are forced to be apart?
Spoilers: Nightingale, some general s4 spoilers
Rating: PG (for now)
Disclaimer: I own absolute nothing. Alias belongs to the great JJ Abrams and Bad Robot.
Set: Immediately after Nightingale
Ship: Syd/Vaughn what else could it possibly be?

A/N: I've already posted this over at Sd-1.net but I wanted to post it over here too. This is the first fic I've posted here so be nice! I currently have 4 chapters written so I'll post the chapters I have written once a day and then we'll go from there. I've gotten a really good response over there. I hope all of you like it, too!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

“ I love you.”

That certainly got Sydney Bristow’s attention. That was the last thing Sydney had expected to come out of Vaughn’s mouth. Sydney knew Vaughn loved her, but neither had ever really vocalized it. Somehow it was always just understood, even when it wasn’t allowed. The words were always there, just under the surface, but now they were actually out in the open. While it caught Sydney off guard, it also made her unbelievably happy. She didn’t even remember what she said after that, it was all a blur. The next thing Sydney knew, Vaughn had punched her in the face and was running in the opposite direction, coil in hand.

This was all a part of their plan. In order to get the coil, they had to make it look like Vaughn had forcibly taken the coil from Sydney. He would then take the coil and complete the transaction, hopefully putting him on the trail of his father. Sydney would return to L.A. to throw of suspicion. At the time it had seemed like a good plan. However, as she was watching Vaughn run away it was all Sydney could do to stop herself from running after him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hours later, back in LA, Sydney was at APO, feeding Sloane the story she and Vaughn had come up with. Though she would never admit it, Sydney was a little nervous. She wasn’t quite sure if Arvin Sloane would buy it. It sounded a little ridiculous even to her. Fortunately, he accepted their story as the truth. At least for now.

That night Sydney was glad to come home to an empty apartment. On the fridge there was a hastily scribbled note from Nadia, telling her that she and Eric had gone out to Dinner and a movie, and not to wait up for her. Syd knew that was probably a good idea. With Eric’s appetite, they could be out until dawn. Sydney was just glad to have the house to herself. She loved her sister, but tonight Syd just needed to decompress and be alone. She didn’t want to deal with Nadia and Eric’s probing questions about the mission or worried looks coming her way. Sydney was already stressed and worried enough.

Vaughn was supposed to check-in with Sydney to let her know that he was okay. He had promised to keep her updated. It had been almost 12 hours since Syd had watched him run off in Siberia and now she was really beginning to worry about him. She knew Vaughn was willing to go to extremes to find out the truth about his father. He had already proven that.

To calm herself down, Sydney made herself a cup of tea. She just sat at her kitchen table thinking about Vaughn and everything they had been through. Before she could get too deep in thought, Syd heard her cell phone ring, snapping her back to reality. It was a text from Vaughn. He sent her this simple message:

I’m Okay
Wish me luck…

While she was glad to hear from him, his note didn’t alleviate her worries. It was driving her crazy to be hundreds of miles away while Vaughn was risking his life searching for his father. Sydney was used to being in the field with him, being apart of the action. Now she finally understood what Vaughn had gone through as her handler, all those years ago. No wonder he had those wrinkles on his fore head. The waiting. The worrying. Knowing you are too far away to do anything to help. Sydney didn’t know how Vaughn had done it. It would have driven her insane within a week.

A/N: I hope all of you liked it. Please Read and Respond.

Awwwwwwwwww, I LOVED IT!

Great way of explaining her feelings.

Agh, WHY DON'T PEOPLE REPLY TO THESE REALLY GOOD FICS?!?!

*sigh*

Was great!!!

Please PM me when you update. Can't wait!!

xo laur :Prop:

P.S. Hello! My name is Lauren too!! haha

LaurenRachael said:
Awwwwwwwwww, I LOVED IT!

Great way of explaining her feelings.

Agh, WHY DON'T PEOPLE REPLY TO THESE REALLY GOOD FICS?!?!

*sigh*

Was great!!!

Please PM me when you update. Can't wait!!
xo laur :Prop:

P.S. Hello! My name is Lauren too!! haha
[post="1359764"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

You're so sweet! :blush: Thank you!

Lauren :Ph34r:

*stomps foot* REPLY, PEOPLE, REPLY!

I have an idea *rubs hands together*

Be prepared for lots of replies....

P.S. Nonono, thank YOUU!!

EDIT: I just sent a PM to like 60 people from my PM list for my old fic saying this was a really good fic and gave a link :angelic:

great start, hope nothing bad happens to Vaughn

I can't wait to know what's going to happen next so please pm me when you update ^_^

thanks

I was one of the lucky people who recieved that pm, and now I would ust love it if I could recieve a pm from the author of THIS fic when you update. Love it. Thanks

Back