Turn Around

Great Chapters! What does LSD (I think it was) mean???

I hope that Syd finds him and they bring Sark down together!

Please add me to your PM list! Thanks!

Update soon!

Megan

OMG!!
That was sooo good! Great cliffy if not a little evil.
Evil Sloane! :angry:
Sark!! Vaughn is meeting with Sark?!! That's just soo great!
I hope Vaughn wil be ok.

Turn Around
By: I_<3_ALIAS (aka Lauren)
Spoilers: Nightingale, some general s4 spoilers
Rating: PG (for now)
Disclaimer: I own absolute nothing. Alias belongs to the great JJ Abrams and Bad Robot.
Set: Immediately after Nightingale
Ship: Syd/Vaughn what else could it possibly be?

A/N: I'd like to welcome all of my new readers! Thanks to all of you are taking an interest in my story.

Chapter 3

Driving home, Sydney’s mind was racing. What had Vaughn’s cryptic message meant? He was obviously trying to let her know he was in trouble. The first part of the message was pretty straight forward. Vaughn must have went to his meeting and found Sark there. If that was the case, Vaughn was in more danger than she had thought. Their mutual hatred of each other ran deep and it had only gotten worse in light of recent events.

The second part of his message was much more difficult to interpret. Did LSD refer to the drug? Or was a code of some sort? Sydney tried to figure it out using the standard codes, but none of them worked. Because the message was obviously rushed, Syd doubted Vaughn would have been able to use a more complex code. So she ruled that out. As she was pulling into the driveway, Sydney remembered something Sloane had said during the briefing.

We have reason to believe that Agent Vaughn is meeting someone in London

Suddenly it all came together. Sydney knew where Vaughn was. She had been there before.

London’s Shipping District. LSD.

----------------------------

Vaughn took a deep breath and walked straight to the table that Sark was sitting at with two other men. Vaughn clutched the briefcase that he was holding, which was carrying the coil, even tighter. He had to do this.

“Agent Vaughn, I’m so glad that you could join me. I’m surprised you had the courage to betray your country. I didn’t think you had it in you. Of course, you never did follow the rules when someone you love is involved.” Sark said in his cocky British accent.

Vaughn decided to ignore the last comment, “I’m surprised a lap dog, like you, found a new master so quickly.”

Sark chuckled, “Very clever, Agent Vaughn. Wrong, but clever nevertheless. No, Agent Vaughn, I am here representing myself. You see, after all those months in prison, I realized that I’ve grown tired of taking orders from somebody else. So here I am - creating my own organization.”

“Good for you. Too bad its going to come crashing down before it even gets started.” Vaughn paused and looked down at the coil. “I’ll make sure of that.” He said finally.

For a moment, Vaughn thought he saw a flicker of alarm in Sark’s eyes. But it was replaced so quickly by his cocky grin; Vaughn doubted it had even been there in the first place.

“On the contrary, Agent Vaughn. This is just the beginning. A beginning that you are helping to create.” Sark said grimly. “That briefcase you are holding will ensure that. I’m sure your father would have been very disappointed in you Agent Vaughn. It’s a good thing he really is dead. How does it feel to be played, Agent Vaughn? Was it worth it? I know it was for me. Revenge is a very powerful thing. But of course, you know all about revenge. In any case, I must be going. It was a pleasure doing business with you.” Sark smile flakily.

Sark started to walk out of the warehouse, but just before he reached the door, Sark to turn back towards Vaughn, “And please give Sydney my best. That is if you ever see her again.”

Vaughn’s anger bubbled up inside him. But before Vaughn could say or do anything, everything around him faded to black.

-------------------------------

Sydney was haphazardly throwing clothes into an overnight bag. She had just gotten off the phone with the airline. Syd had to be at the airport soon.

Syd heard the front door open. Then she heard Nadia call out her name, “Syd?”

Sydney had hoped to have been gone by the time Nadia got home. She had no such luck.

“In here.” Sydney answered knowing that she didn’t have a way out now.

Nadia walked to Sydney’s room and stood in the doorway. She looked at Syd’s bag and the clothes that were all over her room.

“What’s going on? You flew out of APO pretty fast.” Nadia asked curiously.

Sydney did not want to get into this right now. She had to get to the airport. Syd had to tell Nadia something though.

“Well, Sloane put me on leave until Vaughn gets back. To be honest, I didn’t feel like sticking around there. Actually, I need to get out of LA for a couple of days. I’m gonna take a drive down to Mexico, just to de-stress. I need to clear my head.” Sydney responded indifferently.

Nadia did not buy Sydney’s story, “Really? Then why are you packing only pants and long sleeve shirts? I’m not stupid, Syd. He contacted you didn’t he?”

“Nadia, please, I don’t have time for this.” Sydney said.

“Well, make time.” Nadia said, out of concern.

Sydney was about to break down, but somehow she kept it together.

“Nadia, every minute I stand here, talking to you, is another minute Vaughn is in danger. I promise I will explain everything when I get back. Just do me a favor. Please just give me a couple of hours before you report me to Sloane.” Sydney begged.

“Syd, I…” Nadia started to say, but Sydney interrupted her.

“Nadia, its fine. I got to go. I’m going to miss my flight. I’ll see you when I get back.” Sydney said her goodbye in a hurry.

Syd picked up her bag and threw it over her shoulder. She scooted passed Nadia and went out to her car. Syd knew if she was going to make her flight, she was going to have to hurry.

-----------------------------

When Vaughn came to, he couldn’t remember what had happened. The last thing he could remember was Sark saying something about Sydney. But now Vaughn found himself handcuffed and shackled to a chair. He couldn’t move. And the briefcase was gone.

Vaughn couldn’t believe how naïve he had been. He couldn’t believe he had thought that his father really was alive. He knew it was ridiculous but he fooled himself into believing it was true anyway. Vaughn had betrayed his country, but worse yet, he betrayed his father’s memory, by following this trail by any means necessary. Vaughn knew that Sark had been right. His judgment went out the window as soon as someone he loved was involved. Sark knew this and had exploited it. Vaughn didn’t think it could get much worse, but then he saw it.

Sitting on the table in front of Vaughn was a bomb. On the front of the bomb, there was a clock glaring him in the face, almost as if it was mocking him.

Time was slowly ticking away. Vaughn was at a loss of what to do. He knew, though, that with each passing moment, he was inching closer to death. Vaughn could only hope that Syd had gotten the message and figured it out in time. He just had to pray that she got there in time.

-------------------------

Thousands of miles over the Atlantic Ocean, Sydney was staring out her window at the vast emptiness below her. A thousand questions were running through her mind, but the one that really haunted her was ‘What if I’m too late?’ .

A/N: So what do you think? Please Read and respond!

Syd will be on time ,and i hope that nadia won´t report syd to sloane . I can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: ,please update as soon as possible :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: ,

thanks 4 the pm :D :D :D ,

Nanda

Wow,you are cruel. But very awesome at the same time! Still, I loved it,very cool inevery respect. Syd is going to get there in time, it is simply a matter of faith! Looking forwarde to the next section. Thank you for the pm and for the update!

what? too late? no no no no no!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

she has to save vaughn, she must!!!

luv juju :harp:

Back