Season 5 TV Guide "Breaking News" for ALIAS

In the Dec. 12-18 issue of TV Guide magazine, there is some "Breaking News" about Alias' final season.

Here is a section of the article that is in the magazine...

Is Alias Really Over?
The show will go out with a bang--but it might not mean goodbye

...But not, perhaps, the closing of a book. Producers are mulling ways to continues the franchise. "I would say we haven't seen the end of all things Alias," [Jeff] Pinkner teases. "There are versions of this show which could exist after this season. There are plenty of stories to tell."
Among the formats Pinkner and Abrams have discussed is a spin-off series revolving around villians Sark (David Anders), Peyton (Amy Acker) and Sloane (Ron Rifkin). "It's the triumvirate of evil!" Pinkner says. (No official discussions with ABC have taken place yet.) Producers have also toyed with the idea of a big-screen adaptation starring Garner.
Regardless, expect an explosive countdown to the series finale. The December 14 episode...features the return of Sydney's true love, Michael Vaughn (Michael Vartan), who was apparently killed in the season premiere. TV Guide has read the script and suffice to say, it's not a dream sequence and it does leave open the possibility that Syd and Vaughn could still ride off into the sunset together come May.
When the series returns this spring, expect to see familiar faces. Greg Grunberg (Eric Weiss) has already filmed an episode, and producers have worked up a wish list that includes Syd's buddy Will (Bradley Cooper), spy mommy Irina (Lena Olin) and the evil Francinator (Merrin Dungey), who, says Pinkner, "cannot die."
Others may not be so lucky. "The good thing about getting the news now," Pinkner says, "is that we have 10 episodes left to really wrap things up. We can kill characters and not worry about what to do without them next year. We can tell the epic story that this deserves to be." --Shawna Malcolm

Please give me your opinions on the contents of this article. Thanks.

-- Josh

or someone will die, cuz i believe Jeff or one of the other producers said they didn't want the finale to just be all peaches and cream... he said there's gonna be some sad elements to it as well

Wow only ten eps left...I'm really depressed

And whoever read those scripts must be dumb because it is a dream-like sequence...

Wow only ten eps left...I'm really depressed

And whoever read those scripts must be dumb because it is a dream-like sequence...

it's not a dream sequence though, they go into Syd's mind to retrieve info on Vaughn, she's not actually dreaming... more like tortured ;)

If they did an alias movie it would be awesome. I would be there the second it started. Can u imagine the commercials: Alias the movie opens on __. Omg now I'm really hoping that they do that :woot:

~Andrea :angelic:

That I would love to see, but it has to be done right. J.J. has to write and direct it, and the entire original cast has to come back for it. Tons of stunts and dead drops too, true Alias style.

Well it sounds like Alias is going to have a really good finale. I really hope they do end it on a good note. Alias deserves that after five great seasons. Im so excited to see old faces come back, espeacially vaughn and Irina. :smiley:

I think the series finale will be kind of a "movie" if they gonna to a hole 2 hours episode!

This would be great! Hopefully they will tie up some loose-end storylines. Its great that they are bringing back some of the original characters! And Yes, especially Vaughn and Irina!!

it's not a dream sequence and it does leave open the possibility that Syd and Vaughn could still ride off into the sunset together come May.

:worship: thank god!!!!!!

evil Francinator (Merrin Dungey), who, says Pinkner, "cannot die."
im sorry, but HOW IN THE HECK IS FREPLICA SITLL ALIVE?!?!?! we've shot her, stabbed her, fought her, jeeze. she's francinator.

:worship: thank god!!!!!!
im sorry, but HOW IN THE HECK IS FREPLICA SITLL ALIVE?!?!?!

we've shot her, stabbed her, fought her, jeeze. she's francinator.

ok, first of all ... who is we? :lol: :lol: :lol:

that I know of Will stabbed her, Syd shot her 3 times ... Syd has fought her ... ;)

know what you ... though ... I wonder how they are gonna explain that :confused:

Back