TV Guide

The interviews with the men of Alias from the current issue of TV Guide-

The Men of Alias: Our dossier on Sydney's secret agent guys
By Shawna Malcolm
TV Guide - March 22-28, 2003

Michael Vartan
Hails From: Fleury, France
Alias: CIA Agent Michael Vaughn. After a season and a half of sexual tension, he's also (finally!) superspy Sydney Bristow's boyfriend. "I'm glad they got together because it started getting ridiculous," says Vartan. "But it's weird kissing Jennifer [Garner, who plays Sydney]. We're friends."

Insider Intel: "Something I do in the season finale puts a lot of stress on our relationship," admits Vartan.
Prior to Recruitment: Hustled pool and sold his own paintings.
Put on Probation For: Playing Drew Barrymore's English teacher--and crush--in 1999's "Never Been Kissed." "My God, did I suck in that," says Vartan. "I'm much more relaxed now. I mean, it's not good when your only thought is 'Don't vomit.' It's hard to carve out a performance when all you're worried about is not soiling your cast member's shoes."
Mission Objective: "I wish I could be Snoop Dogg for just one day," says Vartan. "Or at least when I go on talk shows. He's witty and so relaxed. I'm always sweating."
Commendation: "He is definitely his own worst critic," says Alias creator J.J. Abrams. "But he's very valuable to the show because you can have him play touch and athletic and incredibly emotional and vulnerable. He's not someone who's easily pigeonholed."

Bradley Cooper
Hails From: Philadelphia
Alias: Disgraced journalist turned CIA analyst Will Tippin, who used to carry a torch for Sydney but is now involved with her roommate, Francie (Merrin Dungey). Or at least he thinks she's Francie. (It's really her evil double!)
Insider Intel: Learning the truth about Francie has an unexpected impact on Will.
Prior to Recruitment: Cohosted the Travel Channel's Lonely Planet: Treks in a Wild World. "I went hiking in the Arctic Circle and glacier climbing in Peru," he says. "I had to take out a $500,000 life insurance policy. Before that, I'd never even slept in a tent."
Went Undercover: As one of Sarah Jessica Parker's suitors on an early episode of HBO's Sex and the City. "It was my first kissing scene," says Cooper, "and I remember [someone] saying, 'No tongue.' I was so frightened. I just kept thinking, 'Keep your tongue in your mouth and say your lines.'"

David Anders
Hails From: Grants Pass, Oregon
Alias: Mr. Sark, right-hand man to insidious former SD-6 head Arvin Sloane (Ron Rifkin). Sark was originally conceived as an older character, but Abrams changed his mind after seeing Anders audition. He wowed producers with three accents: Russian, German and British. Sark ultimately became a Brit.
Insider Intel: Look for a surprise twist in Sark's relationship with Sydney by season's end.
Prior to Recruitment: Gave tennis lessons.
Went Undercover: As a high schooler on the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen series So Little Time. Anders admits, "Advances were being made." On whose part? "Not mine," he adds with a laugh.
Mission Objective: "I wish [my character] had a first name," says Anders. "Victor Garber [who plays Jack Bristow] jokes and calls me Steve. Steve Sark."

Aliaschick-
You've got to be "Team" to put it on the front page. If you have any info you want me to post on the main page, feel free to email it to me and I'll post it for you and credit you. Thanks!

"Went Undercover: As a high schooler on the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen series So Little Time. " sark?!?!?!! as a lil innocent person? hard to imagine

wow sark on so little time!? hahaha lol michael vartan seems like a very good actor because he is always critizing himself and always correcting him self. i think that means that he is a perfectionist and wants to always do his best! ooooo sooooo smart SOOOOO SEXY! wow i don't know if i can take that!!!! but i will don't worry my name is lauren vartan!!!! lolhahahaha

lauren v.

:eek::O:O:O okay that was me when i read that he'll do sumthing in the season finale to put stress on their relationship. NO! he can't do that i'll go crazy during the whole three month NO! baddd Vaughn. Steve Sark.. hehe
--Mandy :angelic:

ahhh something is going to happen to vaughn and syds realationship nnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahh! i wonder what this new twist with sark's character is and what does vaughn do? noo!!! the season finale sounds like it's going to be really good!

I TRIED TO GET THE TV GUIDE W/ EITHER MICHAEL VARTAN ON THE COVER BUT ALL I CAN FIND IS THE OSCARSA TV GIUDE!!! ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE ALIAS TV GUIDE?!

IM TELING U ALL MY THEORY IS GOING TO COME TRUE!!!! (MY THEORY FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW IS:
IJN THE SEASON FINALE SYD HAS THE CHANCE TO KILL SARK BUT HE GOES:
YOU CANT SHOOT ME
AND SYD GOES
WHY NOT
AND HE GOES
BECAUSE IM YOUR BROTHER.
FADE BLACK ALIAS SCREEN)
OR SOMETHING ELSE BUT U NEVER KNOW!!!!

Back