TV Time

How Much of your day is spent watching TV?

• I don't watch ANY tv at all

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 1-3 hrs of 24

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • 4-6 hrs of 24

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 6-9 hrs of 24

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 9-12 hrs of 24

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12-15 hrs of 24

• 15-18 hrs of 24

• My TV is always on

• Mostly all morning

• mostly all night

• Total voters
I'd say about 10%, it depends on the day. I just bought Boondocks Season 2 and I have been watching those DVDs none stop for like two weeks. So when I got Uncle Ruckus on the brain then maybe like 20%. IS THAT BAD?

Whilst I do watch some series when they are on, I don't have tv coming in my house anymore. This may sound strange, but when you think of it from an English point of view, we are expected to pay each year for a TV license to receive tv in the household (yeah, if you are american you're think 'pure madness' right now)

So, I watch some shows, but they haven't even aired in this country and don't come from Britsh broadcasting sources and not watched via traditional equipment. I do not have a tuner on my tv, dvd or pc that is connected to an aerial. My TV's tuner electronics are broken actually. My pc's TV-in card is removed. Not a lot I can do about the tuner in my dvdrecorder right now without opening it and getting the soldering iron out.

There honestly isn't anything I watch in my home. I watch Doctor Who at my parents when I take my kids round. But being a student and too busy on other things around the web and in real life I have simply stopped watching tv. A recent poll in the UK came back with 47% of teenagers had stopped watching TV too!

So, for the purposes of this poll, I 'do not' watch TV in my house (as per the poll) but I do watch some TV programming elsewhere.

It's like when you need a license to fish, or to hunt, or to transmit signals. We need one to receive signals

It's like when you need a license to fish, or to hunt, or to transmit signals. We need one to receive signals
Hence my question about cable & satellite TV. ;) If you are not using broadcast reception (eg: bunny ears) then why should you still have to pay a fee on top of the fees to the your local cable/satellite provider? (More of curiosity question if anything.)

Usually, the TV is on when I come home, and I end up setting up my laptop in front of it and absently watching whatever is on while I surf the Internet. The TV goes off for dinner, and then usually back on from 8-11. Then we go to the bedroom and watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report until we fall asleep.

My life makes me sad. :(

I watch wrestling, heroes, family guy, and southpark

Sometimes the occasional reality show.

There is this new fantasy show coming out that looks good, legend of the seeker.

1-3 hours

I have basic satellite channels, I don't have much time to watch tv and there aren't many things on tv that interest me. Currently, I've been watching movies (sci-fi, fantasy & horror), cartoons (Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life and The Simpsons) and documentaries (astronomy, ufology, animals & crime solving programs).

I lost my cable, got directv, lost that, got a digital ant, only get one station and it barely comes in. I don't watch tv at all anymore. I get any tv station I want online for free. I use my tv for gaming only now

I enjoy watching TV, however, my schedule of work and activities only allows for about an hour tops during each day Monday through Friday. When the weekend arrives and the time schedule is a little more relaxed, I will get caught up on the shows that I record on my DVR and so I probably average about three hours of TV a day on both Saturday or Sunday.

Back