TVC director embarking on Alien Microbudget Feature, cross between K-PAX and 25th Hr.

klopek

Cadet
Hi guys I'm a Television Commercial director who has always had a deep interest in UFO's and Extra Terrestrials and seeing their depiction on the big screen.

This year I decided that my first feature film would be that of a subject that is very important to me and I think the world and that is our place in the universe and our incidental contact with ET's.

Basically I've written and hopefully with your help will produce and direct this film this year that is loosely based on the talents of Sergeant Clifford Stone. For those of you who don't know who Clifford Stone is, he was a member of the US military who was employed to interface and communicate with Extra Terrestrials on their behalf. You can read up about him on the net.

Anyway my story is similar as it involves a main character with the same gift who is having trouble hanging on to it because it's slowly isolating him from society. Cross K-PAX with the 25th hour.

So spread the word! This campaign is legitimate and we are almost 32 percent of the way there with 54 days to go! It's only an $8000 budget but I'm calling in every favour from my industry to get this up and going. You can check it out by clicking the link below, I've directed commercials for Levi's, Mitsubishi and Alcohol Companies so this film whilst not only being a great original concept will also look great.

There are examples of my work on the bottom of the IndieGoGo page next to the Facebook tab so you can check out my aesthetic style as a director. Plus I give a video run down of what to expect if you can't bother reading.

I also have an amazing lead actor and we are already locking in a great cast.

http://www.indiegogo.com/Empty-Vessel

So hopefully guys we can get some support from the Sci-Fi community on this. We don't get a huge amount of Alien films that deal with the humanity of the Alien as most are of them blowing stuff up so help me make this film by spreading the word amongst the community and getting people to contribute. Think of films like "KPAX" and "Contact" stories that ask questions and force us to realise we are part of a bigger picture. Hopefully we'll have a film that will play well on the festival circuit and maybe do the same thing for Aliens which "Primer" did for time travel and that is reveal a connection between us and the unknown.

"Vessel"
Ash has the power to communicate with ET's, a gift he needs to be stripped of by the end of the day or risk succumbing to its side-effects completely. This power is beginning to make him one of them - incredibly calculating, but devoid of any human emotion. He gains valuable time by ingesting prescribed sleeping inhalers which keep the symptoms at bay, but are quickly losing their effect as he grows more and more tired. In turn, he downs sachets of coffee to offset the inhalers, while trawling through the city meeting old acquaintances. It's through these human connections that he collects the pieces of the past that keep his emotional muscle working (a photo, a song, a piece of jewellery). By the end of the day his hope is to find a former interfacer like himself, rumoured to live in the city and that has rid herself of the gift permanently.

Cheers,
Adam

Re: TVC director embarking on Alien Microbudget Feature, cross between K-PAX and 25th

Hey guys feel terrible for replying to my own post but would love for anyone to spread the word on this project if they can find the time. We've been stuck on 2560 bucks for a while now and would love to crack the 3000 mark.

We're a passionate bunch who are involved with this film and aim to make something really special and would love for everyone to be part of it. Plus the more who contribute the better the chance this film has of getting up and getting made and that equates to more Sci-Fi Content, which is always a good thing.

To have the opportunity to contribute to this genre would be a huge privilege, so help us get this thing up and going as we're determined to make a great film and an original addition to the Sci-Fi landscape.

Hey guys feel terrible for replying to my own post but would love for anyone to spread the word on this project if they can find the time. We've been stuck on 2560 bucks for a while now and would love to crack the 3000 mark.

We've got the support of Daniel who has posted the link to the IndieGoGo page in the promotions forum on the Indietalkers thread so either way help us get this project up and running. We're a passionate bunch who are involved with this film and aim to make something really special and would love for everyone to be part of it.

Thanks again for your interest.

Cheers,
adam

Back