Kimmers

Cadet
Title: Two Hearts, One Love
Author: Kimmers
Rating: PG
Email: SV4ever@dart.net.au
Category: Sexual Content
Pairing: None for the moment
Summary: It’s been four years, since Nadia Santos left Eric Weiss behind, now she comes back to leave him a surprise.
Disclaimer: I don’t own anyone
Distribution: Anywhere and everywhere just let me know
Notes:

Nadia sat down in front of her four year old daughter, Lysa was the mixture of both herself and of Eric. Every time she looked at Lysa she was reminded of the man she’d left behind, a man that in a short amount of time she’d come to love.

It was time for her daughter to know her father, to know Eric. Also to know Sydney. Nadia knew that Lysa would be safer with Eric and Sydney than she could ever be with her.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Eric walked inside his front door, he noticed the sleeping toddler on the sofa. As he moved towards the sofa he heard the back door slam, as he ran to the door he pulled his gun out, he looked around and saw no one around. He turned and headed back to the sofa and picked up the note that lay there.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Sydney rubbed her sleepy eyes as she opened her front door, “Eric do you know what time it is?”

“Yes I bloody well know what time it is,” He shoved the note in her face and then walked inside and placed the sleeping toddler on the couch.

“Syd who was at the door,” Vaughn noticed Eric and then the toddler, “Ah why is there a sleeping toddler on the sofa?”

“She runs off without a word and then turns up and expects for me to just accept this.” Eric started to pace.

“You’re saying that Nadia is the mother of this child and she’s yours right?” Sydney questioned somewhat puzzled.

Vaughn looked up shocked, “Hang on. I thought that you and Nadia didn’t….”

“Ok so I don’t tell you everything that goes on in my life, did you tell me about the Utility closet at the office?” Eric asked.

Vaughn turned and glared at Sydney, “You had to tell him didn’t you?”

Sydney shrugged,” Ok lets get back to this situation at hand, my sister was pregnant when she left here and she had the child and named her Alyssa and now she says that Lysa is in danger because of her and she wants you to take care of her Eric.”

“Yeah that’s what the bloody note tells me.” Eric shouted, causing Lysa to wake up crying.

Sydney rushed to the little girl’s side, she smiled at the four year old, “Hey I’m Syd and you must be Lysa, can I call you that?”

“Uh you mummy’s sister.” Lysa said.

Sydney smiled, “Yeah that’s me, how about some Milk do you like milk?”

“Only with chocolate not without.”

Sydney nodded her head, and then reached out her hand, “I am going to take Lysa into the kitchen for milk why don’t you two talk and please don’t yell, or else I am hurting the both of you.”

Vaughn watched as Sydney and Lysa walked from the room, “What are you planning to do?”

“What the hell am I supposed to do Mike, Could you’ve walked away from Syd when she told you she was pregnant?”

“Eric don’t ask stupid questions.”

“See that’s the thing, Nadia didn’t even give me the chance to do that, to tell her that I’d do everything I could for her, she just walked away.”

Eric sunk down onto the sofa rubbing his eyes, “I went home after a night out with the guys, to find out that I am a father. Mike she just threw this on me.”

“But you wouldn’t give her up, Nadia or Lysa right?”

“I don’t know what I do; Mike what the hell do you expect me to come up with answer right now is that it?” Eric demanded.

“Daddy,” Lysa screamed as she ran into the room and grabbed hold of Eric’s leg.

Sydney appeared in the doorway, “She heard the loud voices and that scared her.”

Eric bent down until he was level with Lysa, “Did your mummy tell you that.”

“Tell me what?”

“That I’m your daddy, Did you mummy say that?” Eric questioned.

“Mamma said go with Daddy so bad man can’t get me, and that Daddy and my Aunt Syd and My Uncle Mike will look after me, and that you good man.” Lysa said proudly.

Eric meet Vaughn’s shocked eyes as he hugged the little girl in his arms.

Lysa wrapped her arms around Eric’s neck as he stood up she looked at Sydney, “Can I see Baby?”

“Baby oh you mean Jessica?”

“Mamma said that you got Baby.” Lysa explained.

“Well how about you and your Daddy go and see if Jessica is awake, but be quiet if she isn’t while I talk to your Uncle ok?” Sydney suggested.

Lysa nodded her head as Eric walked towards the bedrooms.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

“I don’t need to go shopping she can sleep in the spare room, there is a bed there that’s all she needs.” Eric complained.

Vaughn smiled first at Eric, then down at six month old Jessica who lay in her stroller, “Eric Syd is having a ball so is Lysa, and please she needs clothes and Nadia didn’t exactly send much with her.”

“That woman of yours is going to drive me broke you know that right?”

“Oh yeah and your having just as much fun as they are, especially when it comes to toys.”

Eric glared at his best friend, “Remind me to tell Syd much more about the younger you.”

“Remind me to tell your darling little Daughter, how much of a hell raiser you were when you were younger.” Vaughn laughed.

“Who was a hell raiser?” Sydney walked up holding Lysa’s hand.

“No one was, right Mike?” Eric said.

Vaughn laughed and nodded his head, “Yeah Eric is under the impression that you’re trying to drive him broke.”

“I’m only trying. I thought that I had already driven him broke,” Syd said.

The three adults laughed, Lysa watched them unsure what was so funny.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Sydney sat in the doorway of Lysa’s room, Lysa sat on her lap they watched as Eric and Vaughn painted the room. Eric was up on the ladder, and dripped paint on Vaughn’s head.

“Hey you know paint goes on the wall, not my head right?” Vaughn questioned.

Eric laughed, “Yeah but think that your head needs a bit more colour, think that you’re getting a bit long in the tooth Mikey boy.”

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Vaughn glared.

“Yeah I noticed a few grey hairs the other night,” Sydney piped up.

Vaughn shot her a glare, “Hey lady I’ll have you know that I’m just as old as you.”

“Actually you’re two years older than me, so that makes you a little longer around the tooth.” Sydney laughed.

“Uncle Mike old?” Lysa questioned.

Eric and Sydney laughed while Vaughn glared at them.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Eric sat after a long day in front of his laptop; he had many hours of work in front of him. He rubbed his tired eyes. He now knew what Syd went through. Lysa spent the day with Sydney who was working from home, and Eric picked her up after he got done for the day.

It had worked out well, he would drop Lysa off in the morning and pick Vaughn up and they’d drive to work. Easier than taking too cars and then he’d drop Vaughn off and pick Lysa up.
On the way back to his Condo from the Vaughn house, in the five minute Drive Lysa would tell him what she’s done with her Aunty Syd and Jessica that day. She’d tell him if they went to the park, or for ice cream or shopping.

He jumped up startled as an IM screen popped up saying Boo.

Lysasmommy: boo.
Trustysidekick: wondered when I’d hear from you.
Lysamommy: well when you change your name, it’s a bit hard unless I hack into my sister’s account.
Trustysidekick: yours sisters idea, don’t ask me why. Would you’ve ever told me, if she hadn’t been in danger?
Lysasmommy: of course I would I was just waiting for the right time.
Trustysidekick: the right time was the minute or soon after you found out you were pregnant.
Trustysidekick: I would have taken care of you. I wouldn't have left you alone.

Lysasmommy: I know Eric. You did nothing wrong.
Trustysidekick: Why didn't you come to me?
Lysasmommy: What? While you were already under investigation? They
knew we were romantically involved. If the CIA finds out this child
is ours, she won't have a normal life... We discussed that... that we
wanted our children to have that.

Eric stared at the screen, he hated to admit it but Nadia was right, the agency still wanted to know the whereabouts of Irina and they would use what ever means necessary for that to happen. As yet they weren’t aware that Nadia was Lysa’s mother.

Trustysidekick: So when does the running stop Nadi? You never answered me.

Lysasmommy: It stops as soon as it can. I love you Eric. I love you
more than one person should love another. And I will contact you
again, as soon as I am able to. Tell my baby that I love her... and both
of you, take care.

Trustysidekick: I love you too Nadi... I love you too.

Lysasmommy signed off at 1:18 am.
He got up and
Eric sighed as he logged off himself. He stretched, not believing it
was as late as it was. He missed Nadia a lot more than he'd told
anyone.

Walking towards his daughter’s room, he watched her sleep knowing that her mother loved not only her but him. He hoped that this was over and done with soon. Because she was right he did want a normal life for his children and he wanted those children with her.

Even in four years, his love for her hadn’t changed. He loved her as much today as he did then.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~*

“So my guess is that she contacted you last night, “Sydney said.

Eric looked up from the counter, “You knew she hacked into your stuff?”

“Yeah when I got on this morning, I was sending Dixon some stuff and noticed that stuff was played around with and she left me a message to take care of you both.”

“I can take care of myself and my daughter.”

“No one is saying that you can’t Eric, but she just wants to know that not as much Lysa but that you’re taken care of.” Sydney explained.

“If she wants me taken can come back here and do it herself.”

Sydney watched as her friend stormed from the house, she knew how much this was hurting him. How much he wanted to take care of both women in his life.

“Please just take care of him for me; I don’t want him hurt in all this.”

Sydney turned to face her sister; Nadia had turned up an hour before. Wanting a glimpse of both Eric and Lysa, “You hurt him and I will hurt you.”

“His already hurt Sydney and there is nothing I can do about that.”

“No but hurt him anymore and I will hurt you. Neither of them deserve this Nadia neither of them.”

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

“You want to talk about it?” Vaughn asked as he jogged beside Eric.

“Not really, I just can’t belive that Syd is accepting.”

“You’re just as bad Eric; you want to believe that this is for the good. That Lysa is better off away from that. But Sydney wants to protect her sister it’s only natural,” Vaughn stopped jogging, “I’d do the same for my sister and o would you.”

“I know but still, sometimes I just wish that even for a moment, Syd would see my side.”

Vaughn nodded his head, “She does Buddy more than you know, and speaking of family you told your mother yet?”

“No I haven’t, have you told yours?”

“Not yet, if I told mine then yours would know.” Vaughn said.

Eric laughed, “Well they’ll both know sooner or later, My mother left a message on my machine earlier today.”

“Am I going to like this?”

“Seems the Grandmothers, Vaughn and Weiss are going to be in LA later this week. My mother said something about spoiling Jessica rotten.”

“Great that’s all that I need.”

Eric laughed as he jogged beside his best friend. They’d been friends for years, right down to Pee wee Hockey Days; their mothers loved it as they were also best friends. He could wait to see their faces, when they learn that there is a new granddaughter to spoil.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

“No don’t want you do it,” Lysa complained.

Eric looked down at his daughter as she sat on the bed in front of him, “And why not, I’ll have you know that I can do pig tails.”

“No crocked.”

Eric laughed at the crooked pigtails in front of him, his daughter was right this was one thing that he wasn’t good at.

“Ok lets head to your Aunt Syd’s and she can do your hair, just the way you want it.” Eric suggested.

Lysa jumped up and wrapped her arms around him.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Eric stopped short as he walked into the Vaughn’s house, he noticed the two women hovering over the baby in his best friends arms. He smiled at the look that Vaughn sent him.

“Eric Allen Weiss, what are you doing here this early?”

“Syddney,” Lysa yelled as she ran into Syd’s arms.

Sydney smiled at Lysa, “Did you daddy do your hair?”

“Bad.”

Sydney laughed at Lysa, “Yeah he never is any good at things like that.”

“Hey at least I tried, I can’t be up to your standards, after all I am not female. Nor have I ever had long hair.” Eric said.

Lori Weiss faced her son, she’d known while talking to him on the phone, in the past weeks, that something had been different. But she hadn’t been sure what, “Would you care to tell me what is going on here?”

“Mother…..”Eric started.

“Daddy?” Lysa questioned.

Eric turned to Lysa, “Yeah baby what?”

“Drink please,” asked Lysa.

Vaughn handed his mother Jessica, “I’ll get it.”

“Chicken.” Eric muttered as Vaughn walked out, he turned to his mother, “Now mother there is something I need to tell you.”

“Yes my guess would be that you need to tell her, Eric.” Julia Vaughn muttered.

Lori starred at her friend, “Julia I think that Eric needs to tell me this, although I suspect I know what it is.”

Eric picked up Lysa from Sydney’s arms, “Mother meet your Granddaughter Alyssa Marie Weiss, Lysa this is your Grandma.”

“Like Gamma Irina?” Lysa asked.

Eric cringed at the mention of Irina, someone that he wanted no where near his daughter.

Sydney noticed her friend’s discomfort, “Yeah baby just like Irina is your Mummy’s mother. Lori is your daddy’s mom, which makes her your Grandmother.”

“Gamma your mummy too.” Lysa pointed out.

Vaughn laughed as he handed Lysa her juice, “She’s her mothers daughter, that’s for sure and she’s stubborn like her Aunt.”

“Michael I take offence on that, I am no way stubborn at all.” Sydney protested.

“Why did I not know about this, before now? She has to be what four?” Lori guessed.

“Yeah mother she’s four, almost five and no you can’t meet her mother she isn’t around,” Eric explained,

“And no like you I have only just learned about my daughter’s existence.”

Sydney reached over and grabbed her beeper from the counter as it went off, Eric and Vaughn grabbed their respective beepers, “Damn it.”

“Naughty,” Lysa said.

“Don’t worry baby Aunt Syd didn’t mean to swear.” Sydney reassured the girl.

Julia faced her son, “Michael what is it?”

Vaughn reached for his jacket, “Nothing mother just that we have to go into work, can you and Lori watch the girls?”

“Of course we can, we raised out own children we can handle Jessica and Alyssa.” Julia scowled at her son.

Eric smiled at his mother as he handed her Lysa. “Baby you stay here with Jessica and I’ll be back soon ok?”

Lysa nodded her head.

Sydney, Vaughn and Eric walked from the house.

~ * ~ * ~* ~* ~ *

Sydney took her seat, Vaughn and Eric sat on either side of her. She noticed that her father and Dixon sat across the table.

Kendall entered the room and took a seat at the head of the table, “We got word earlier today that Sloane is looking for Nadia Santos. He’s come across another prophecy that includes her and a child that she’ll give birth to.”

Sydney reached under the table and grasped Eric’s hand in her own. While her other hand sought out Vaughn’s. While all three knew, that the CIA wasn’t aware that Lysa was the child in question. But they al knew that they would do everything that they could to protect her.

“What does this have to do with us?” Jack questioned.

“It seems that Irina is protecting her youngest daughter, while working to bring Sloane down.” Kendall explained.

“We all know that my mother’s, loyalties only lie with her own endgame. So I ask why this has to do with us.” Sydney questioned.

Kendall stared at Sydney icily. "It concerns you because Nadia Santos is your sister. We believe she will try to contact you again. And you Agent Weiss. I think you've been holding out on us. Has Miss Santos contacted you? Do you know anything about a baby?"

Weiss fought any reaction. To give up Lysa would be to betray Nadia, his love, everything. "It's been four years. Why would she contact me now?"

“I am sure that you would class what you shared as Special, and I am sure that Miss Santos still holds some connection to you.” Kendall said.

“Nadia and I no longer share anything, anything that was between us was over years ago.” Eric replied.

“Be ready to leave on my instructions.” Kendall dismissed them.

Sydney, Vaughn and Eric stood and exited the room at once; they headed along the crowded halls.

Vaughn entered the room, first and turned to look at the other two as the door closed behind them, “Maybe it’s an idea to tell them about Lysa.”

“You want to turn an innocent child over to not only Kendall but Jack?” Eric demanded.

Sydney moved back to lean against the wall, memories of her father’s betrayal still fresh in her mind.

“Eric calm down….” Vaughn started.

Eric glared at his friend, “You would want to hand Lysa over, and on the off chance that Jack could the same thing to her that he did to Sydney, Would you do that to Jessica?”

“Eric that’s not the point you could make sure that Jack never gets near her.”

“You know what Buddy I don’t care; right now all I care about is the safety of my daughter.”

“What about Nadia, are you going to risk everything for her?” Vaughn asked.

Eric closed his eyes briefly, “She has nothing to do with this.”

“Eric you still love her, you can’t deny that to me or to yourself,” Vaughn paused, “What I want to know are you willing to do whatever it takes?”

“Yes I am willing to give up Nadia, to protect Lysa and more than anything I am willing to give up Irina.” Eric walked from the room.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Eric closed the door to Lysa’s room and meet his mothers eyes, “You want to know everything don’t you?”

“Of course I do Eric, One minute I go from not being a Grandmother. To being one, so please tell me?” Lori asked.

“Almost five years ago, I was on an assignment taking care of someone, “Eric paused, “That someone was a woman named Nadia, She and I become close and we slept together.”

“Did she ever tell you about your daughter?”

Eric shock his head, “Not until recently, Nadia was away and thought that it was best that I not know.”

“Then why tell you now?”

“Because at the moment, there are things that Nadia needs to do that might in fact hard Lysa.” He looked up at her, “I didn’t mean for this to happen.”

Lori reached out and grasped her son’s hands in her own, “But you fell in love with her and care deeply for her don’t you?”

“Yeah and now the Agency wants to know where she is, possibly to put her custody who knows.”

“Why would they do that?”

“Mamma I can’t tell you that, but know that I love Nadia and she loves me and we are doing everything that we can to protect Lysa.”

“I would hope so Eric, because your children should always come first.”

Lori smiled, “I promised Julia that I would meet her for a little shopping we planned to make our grandchildren a big breakfast.”

~ * ~ * ~* ~ * ~*

Eric sat in front of him computer, his mother had long since gone to bed. But he had so much stuff to take care of.

Lysasmummy: BOO
Trustysidekick: What?
Lysasmummy: She’s right you know, Children are the most important thing.
TrustySidekick: I miss you so very much.
Lysamummy: I miss you too and while the CIA might not keep me longer than to question me, I can’t risk that not now.
Trustysidekick: Then when Nadi when do we get to be a family?
Lysamummy: When I end this, when I do what is needed to keep our family safe.

Eric starred at the screen wondering, was it ever possible that they were going to be safe. It was going to be alright.

Trustysidekick: And what if that never happens, what if we are never fully safe?
Lysamummy: Hopefully it won’t be much longer, and then I can do what is needed. Know that I love you and our daughter more than anything.

Eric closed the computer down; he couldn’t believe that she’d once again avoided the conversation. Once again she didn’t answer him. Their weekly chats were like this often. She’d tell him that not until she did what was needed, but never went into more details, he sighed and walked down the hallway to his room.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Vaughn sat behind Sydney and started to rub her shoulders, I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“For making you remember how your father betrayed you, I didn’t think about what I was saying today.”

“Its ok, I’ve got past that. I’ve got you and Jessica and Eric and now Lysa, that’s all that I need.”

Vaughn rested his head on her shoulder, “Yeah, you think that if we dumped Jessica with Eric and Lysa you and I could enjoy a night alone?”

“As good as that sounds right now, I don’t want to be far away from her. Not that I don’t trust Eric but…..” Sydney started.

“You don’t trust your father, your mother or even Sloane not to try something.” Vaughn finished.

“Not as much as I want to treasure every single moment that I have with her, “Sydney paused, “I can’t imagine what Nadia is going through right now, being apart from her baby.”

“I will do what ever I can to make sure that your sister is ok, and hopefully She and Eric mange to be with each other soon.”

“Yeah I hope so too,” Syd whispered.

Vaughn turned her to face him, “But Syd if it comes down that I’ve got to choose between either Jessica, You, Eric Lysa or myself and Nadia then I will choose one of you.”

“I know and the same goes for me, but as a last resort if there is no other way.”
Sydney leaned back in Vaughn’s embrace loving the feel of his arms wrapped around her. While her family came first Nadia was a part of that family. And someone that she wanted to try and protect.

~ * ~ * ~* ~* ~* *

“Maybe she had her reasons for not telling him.” Julia suggested.

“How could she keep Lysa from Eric, my son makes a very good father.” Lori replied.

“Look I know that Lori and think the same about Michael, but we can’t run their lives for them. “She paused. “If we could then Michael would not be so much like his father.”

“They are more like their fathers than either of us would like to admit.”

Julia smiled, “You ever wonder?”

“Eric’s father made his own choices, just as I made mine.”

“I do wonder, what my life would’ve been like had William had not be killed, but I don’t think that I would be the person that I am today, had William lived.”

“Michael is every single bit his father. “Lori smiled, “And Charlotte is every single bit you.”

TBC

shotput25ash said:
OMG i loved that...if its not a one parter, can you pm me when you update?thanks
[post="981779"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No this isn't a one parter, it goes on more as my stalker would kill me if it didn't.
will PM you both when it gets more

ive got some of those...her name is ashley...aka shotput25ash....im her stalker too, so its all good! lol! im out for the evening....okay, by out i mean im sleeping! lol
ciao
carolyn
xox

GLAD to know its not a one parter...and yeah Carolyn, i guess we do KINDA stalk each other, lol.......but how bout we call it "Friendly Reminders".....lol, it doenst sound so creepy!
anyways Kimmers, update as soon as you get hte chance!!!!! this reminds me a LITTLE of my fic, with just hte whole dad getting little girl thing.....but yeah, its AWESOME!!!

Back