Two Questions...

I never thought about comparing sports to serving in a war, but I suppose I see your point. No male should be the representing force for women...(referring back to they way earlier times went).

uhhh...same thought in my mind...how did candidates lead to women's rights? Oh well...politics interests me on a personal level as well.

So...uh....getting back on topic. What about that F.D.R? I remember doing this presidential survivor on him....and the prosecutor's tried to say he knew about Pearl Harbor ahead of time...and I'm not sure about the communism thing.

Did you know that hitler was an architect before he came into power. Just think of all the wonderful things he could have built instead of all the wonderful things he destroyed.

I don't know much about american Presidents but I do know a bit about Hitler. This guy that I used to work with was obsessed with Hitler, he didn't support what he did, but he was such an interesting person.

i hate to steer us off topic again, but about the title IX/draft thing, i don't think that's a good comparison. being drafted takes your choices away. you're FORCED to do something you may not want to do. but i think everyone is entitled to sports. if title IX didn't exist, women wouldn't necessarily be "forced" not to play but their options would be severely limited.

i agree with btvaughn - no one should be forced to be in the military. people who are in the military are there because they want to be and it should stay that way. women should be able to serve in the military, but only by choice.

okay okay, sorry about that. ^_^ let's discuss the candidates then. like i said before, i think anyone can be painted in any light given the right details to focus on. i mean, is there anyone you can think of who was the "perfect" president? i think if you dig deep enough, you could find dirt on anyone. except, maybe me. :D :P

are you sure....I'm just not sure what I think about that. I agree that F.D.R. wasn't the greatest, but I'm not sure if I could agree on the communist part.

crazy spinster said:
i hate to steer us off topic again, but about the title IX/draft thing, i don't think that's a good comparison. being drafted takes your choices away. you're FORCED to do something you may not want to do. but i think everyone is entitled to sports. if title IX didn't exist, women wouldn't necessarily be "forced" not to play but their options would be severely limited.

i agree with btvaughn - no one should be forced to be in the military. people who are in the military are there because they want to be and it should stay that way. women should be able to serve in the military, but only by choice.

okay okay, sorry about that. ^_^ let's discuss the candidates then. like i said before, i think anyone can be painted in any light given the right details to focus on. i mean, is there anyone you can think of who was the "perfect" president? i think if you dig deep enough, you could find dirt on anyone. except, maybe me. :D :P
I jus wanna say, and its hard to put down on a computer because it is confusing the way i talk, that men have been forced into the military for decades until after vietnam when the draft was abolished. What i was trying to say is that if women are to be equal in sports, education, and other things, than they should be equal for the draft, if it were to be reinstituted. (which it shouldn't)

okay, i see what you're saying there hombre. don't worry, you were clear. ^_^ and i can understand your point. in PRINCIPLE, women should be drafted as well as men. but in practice, the draft should never be reinstated. i mean, who would take care of all the children? :confused:

My thoughts are the same crazy spinster...if we drafted everyone 18-35, who the heck would be left?
But as long as the choice is present...then that's what's fair.

AliasHombre said:
crazy spinster said:
i hate to steer us off topic again, but about the title IX/draft thing, i don't think that's a good comparison.  being drafted takes your choices away.  you're FORCED to do something you may not want to do.  but i think everyone is entitled to sports.  if title IX didn't exist, women wouldn't necessarily be "forced" not to play but their options would be severely limited. 

i agree with btvaughn - no one should be forced to be in the military.  people who are in the military are there because they want to be and it should stay that way.  women should be able to serve in the military, but only by choice. 

okay okay, sorry about that.  ^_^  let's discuss the candidates then.  like i said before, i think anyone can be painted in any light given the right details to focus on.  i mean, is there anyone you can think of who was the "perfect" president?  i think if you dig deep enough, you could find dirt on anyone.  except, maybe me.  :D  :P
I jus wanna say, and its hard to put down on a computer because it is confusing the way i talk, that men have been forced into the military for decades until after vietnam when the draft was abolished. What i was trying to say is that if women are to be equal in sports, education, and other things, than they should be equal for the draft, if it were to be reinstituted. (which it shouldn't)
even though i ama girl i agree completely i mean girls are always like, we need to be equal and i was always like if we can do anything that guys can do, then we can also take part in the draft. and tehn they are like why? that's stupid. but can't they just give the guys some credit i mean come on, the thought of going to war probaby scares them to death and it's not fair that they would have to and not us, i mean constitution says that we are all equal right? i mean if you say you want equality but yet you don't want to participate in the draft, doesn't that make you a hypocryte?

way to go, Poncho!

Back