Season 2 Two Years?!

my family thought there was something wrong with me and i couldnt answer them back just pointed to the tv!LOL!they understood though, tv meant alias!and alias meant hyperventalating at everything especailly season finale! when do you guys think spoilers will be out?lol

crazy spinster said:
but having it be a dream would just be TOO simple. you would insult viewers' intelligence. i know that after phase one, i thought the show had been simplified too much, but then i thought about it and while it did clear things up for new viewers, it also allowed the show to go in a great new direction, so all it takes is faith and time.
ok, but Im not saying its just going to be a dream, it will be a revealing dream in which sydney will ahve time to digest her life and look at it froma new perspective. I beleive something will be "revealed" in this dream something that was hinted at during the season that she didn't realize until her sub-consciencous points it out while she is asleep ... i dont think it is an insult of intelligence.

ok i havent been able to go through and read wat every1 has written but here is wat i think on everything---- i think its all or dream OR mayb vaughn isnt married and he is wearing a ring bcuz he was gonna propose to syd on their trip so he kept the ring bcuz he was so sad and couldnt forget her --- i hav to b right cuz if they keep syd and vaughn apart i dont think ill b able to watch nemore --- and how does a show skip 2 years like that?? lol --- yes im in denial i just CANT wait till after summer is ova!! oh well at least i taped lots of episodes so i can watch them ova summer break!

I think she's in a dream and next season she'll wake up and be in the hospital and the scar will signify that she was pregnant and lost the child. And so on.....

sorry, i know that sounded a bit harsh, but that's not how i meant it.

i just think having it all be a dream would be a big cop out. it's like saying, "here - look at all these interesting scenes. but oh wait, none of it happened!"

and, also, it's been said before - but having it be a dream would just be too soap opera-ish and i think that's something the writers really want to avoid. at least, i'm hoping anyway.

exactly. having it be a dream would just ruin it in my honest opinion, because yeah, everything sucks that has happened, but I mean, I really want to know just what in fact actually has happened, you know?

yea--- unfortunetly, it's probably not a dream and that it is all very real but we are just so shocked and are dying to know what happened from when syd blacked out to when she woke up in Hong Kong!

The dream part is so weird and sort of stupid but it did look fake. I mean when that man went past her in Hong Kong it looked like green screen done on purpose.

I really really really really (etc.) don't think it's a dream. I think it's something to do with the Rambaldi thing, like Kalan's idea.

I also think we have to trust the writers. I remember last year's season finale when I thought Vaughn was dead, and it turned out he was alive. The writers will probably twist that final scene in some way we never suspected and we'll all breathe sighs of relief in October....I hope.

Maybe Vaughn was really married to Syd and she doesn't remember. Hey, I'm a hopeless romantic.

lol!!xdancer that would be the best if she didnt remember but he said she was missing for two years and i think she has to be present to get married, but that would be great if so!LOL!

twinzz2003 said:
The dream part is so weird and sort of stupid but it did look fake. I mean when that man went past her in Hong Kong it looked like green screen done on purpose.
well yeah, obviously it was fake. i don't think the show has the budget to go to every foreign location especially if it's just a quick 20 second scene. ;)

and what with the sars thing going on, i really doubt they'd go to hong kong. ;)

I just rewatched the entire episode, I watched the last two minutes a good 5 times. Vaughn says something along the lines "that since the day you [sydney] have been gone, I have been missing for two years." Yes, this is what it says. I was doubtful at first, thinking he said "you have been missing" but he says "I"! Also a few seconds before he said "they called me back to tell you...." From this, I am highly confused. However does this mean Vaughn quit the CIA soon after Sydney went missing? Hence his love life could be pursued much faster if he had a regular job. And what does he mean by "I've been missing."

see, that's another thing that's fishy about all of this - first of all, i can't believe that vaughn and jack would give up searching for sydney so soon (especially jack) and i highly doubt that vaughn would be so grief-stricken as to quit the cia. i mean, sydney was MISSING, not dead. yes, they thought she was dead, but they weren't 100% certain. and it just seems that quitting would be the last thing vaughn would do.

Marlene said:
I just rewatched the entire episode, I watched the last two minutes a good 5 times. Vaughn says something along the lines "that since the day you [sydney] have been gone, I have been missing for two years." Yes, this is what it says. I was doubtful at first, thinking he said "you have been missing" but he says "I"! Also a few seconds before he said "they called me back to tell you...." From this, I am highly confused. However does this mean Vaughn quit the CIA soon after Sydney went missing? Hence his love life could be pursued much faster if he had a regular job. And what does he mean by "I've been missing."
YOU ARE RIGHT! wow i didnt catch that, wowowowow now im all confused and switched around and hyper and frustrated again and just going insane!!AUGH!!!!! why are they doing this to us, im soooo confused and all i want is a new episode explaining some of it next week.....we arent getting that!!!!!!! :( but i wonder what he means, but i do think he left cia!

Back