Two Years

Two Years
Sydney and Sark
PG
This is my version of the two years that Sydney went missing. the covenant ends up pairing sark and "julia" together for a few missions.
i dont own the characters, but if i did... the things i would do to mr. anders

if you think it needs a little something' somethin' please tell me. if there are plot holes the size of angelina jolie's ego, please tell me. i take criticism pretty well (as well as can be expected)...

hopefully ya'll like it.
and now on with two years
~ Chapter One ~

Julia Thorne sat in a comfortable office in the heart of Rome, Italy. Working for a terrorist organization had its rewards and also its drawbacks. The telephone rings on the desk in front of her. Self-consciously she tucks a strand of blond hair behind her ear, something that was from another lifetime ago, literally. She wishes she could have her brown hair back, but the blond is Julia’s. She picks up the phone on the third ring. “Julia Thorne? Yes, sir. I will be there.” She places the phone back onto the receiver and sighs as she leans back in her chair. McKenas Cole, her boss, would like a meeting about a new mission. Cole, that name still brought shivers to her. After everything they went through back when she was at SD-6, she still couldn’t believe he was out and walking around.

She takes a look around her office, at the beautiful, expensive furniture. Yeah, being involved in a terrorist organization definitely had it rewards. But it also had its drawbacks. Julia Thorne was only an alias for the woman who stepped into the role. She only took the name so she would be kept alive after The Covenant took her from her apartment after her fight with Allison Doren who had taken her best friends name, face and place. Her real name is Sydney Ann Bristow. And Sydney was sent to hell and back when the Covenant tried to brainwash her into being Julia Thorne. But it failed several times due to the fact that the Project Christmas training her father put her through made it impossible for her to be brainwashed. And as soon as she made the Covenant believe she was Julia Thorne, the sooner she could be let out into the world. She had called Assistant Director Kendall, who she worked with at the CIA. She was now a double agent, again, inside the Covenant and working for the CIA.

The first thing she remembered after her fight with Allison was waking up strapped to a gurney in the back of a van. She got to watch Vaughn scatter her “ashes” into the sea. All the important men in her life were their; her father, Jack, Eric Weiss, Marcus Dixon and Marshall Flinkman. Where her best friend Will Tippin was she didn’t know, she just wished that he was safe. The last time she saw him was during her fight with Allison when she fell through the bathroom door and saw him bleeding in the bathtub. The next few months were spent in a cell where the Covenant was trying to break her down and finally one day she was tired. Every time she felt herself slipping into the Julia persona Project Christmas would snap her back to reality and that was when she started making them believe she was Julia.

A knock startles her back to reality and she leans forward, as she continues looking something over in the file that was open in front of her. “Yes?” she calls.

A tall, dark and handsome man pokes his head into the office. “Julia, love,” the English accent says breaking into her thoughts. “You ready?”

“Ready for what Simon?” she asks looking up at him. Simon Walker was a Covenant lackey and a low life. She knew that if he ever found out she wasn’t Julia she was as good as dead, she knew for a fact. Once she started working for the Covenant, they paired her with Simon and things went from there.

“You always said you were ready for anything,” he jokes. Sydney looks up at Simon with a look of boredom, waiting for whatever was coming next.

“You coming in or are you just going to stand like that the whole time?” she asks looking back down at the file in front of her.

“I am going to stand like this. I don’t want you trying to kill me again, love,” he says. “But, uh, meeting with the boss, are you coming?”

“Yes, I am just finishing something up. I will be right there,” she watches as he starts to duck out. “And Simon the only reason why I tried to kill you is because you were trying to get into the girl’s pants. Where I come from, if you are sleeping with someone, then you don’t try to get into some other girl’s pants. If you do that again, I will kill you next time.” She watches as Simon nods. “And Simon, what have I told you? We are to keep a professional relationship when we are at the office.”

“Yes, Julia,” Simon says as he disappears into the hallway. Sydney gets up as she closes the file was looking over, putting it in a safe that was tucked away in a desk drawer, locking it afterward and places the drawer key in its secret place. Sydney then walks out of her office, finding Simon leaning against the hallway wall.

“Do you know what this is about?” Sydney asks. She watches as Simon shakes his head.

====================================================================

They get to Cole’s office and are ushered inside. “Ms. Thorne,” a smile on his face, “Mr. Walker take a seat. I am sending you on a new op, Ms. Thorne. But you will not be accompanied with Mr. Walker, you are being given a new partner while Simon’s on his own mission,” he explains. Sydney looks down at her nails, she was bored with this conversation already. She didn’t need some newbie who didn’t know the ropes, but at the same time she could get away with her double agent duties easier. “I would like for you both to meet Julian Sark. He will be your partner, Ms. Thorne,” Cole says watching her with interest to see if she gave anything away at this new revelation.

Oh felgercarb, her mind thinks. She wishes she could verbalize this, but knew she couldn’t. Sydney takes a deep breath, letting the Julia in her take over before looking up into Sark’s blue eyes.

“Mr. Sark, I would like for you to meet Julia Thorne and Simon Walker.”

Sydney looks at Cole, then at Sark and watches as recognition passed over his face. It was gone almost as fast as it appeared. She smirks while looking Sark over. “He’s cute,” Sydney says thinking that was something Julia would say, not caring that Simon’s eyes went wide and his chip dropped to the floor.

“Yes, well, I have another meeting to get to. Op tech will provide everything for you. Here is everything you will need. See you when I get back. And Julia, if you need something just ask Mr. Sark, he has already been briefed,” Cole says handing Sydney a folder.

Sydney gets up taking the folder from Cole. Once in the hallway, Simon throws an arm around Sydney’s shoulders in a protective manner. She rolls her eyes and turns to look at Sark who was staring at her in curiosity. “So what’s your deal?” she asks.

“Excuse me?” Sark’s English accent asks not tearing his eyes away from hers.

“What’s your deal? How did you come to work for the Covenant Sark?” she asks at the same time she shrugs out of Simon’s grasp.

“You two know each other?” Simon asks suspiciously.

Before Sark could form a thought about this particular subject, Sydney beat him to the punch. “No, we don’t, but I know of Mr. Sark. A man so famous in his shifting allegiances. I heard that he even went so far as to ally himself with the Alliance, SD-6 and Arvin Sloane. He used to work for Irina Derevko. Was it her idea or yours going to Arvin Sloane?”

“Arvin Sloane?” Simon asks testing out the name. “Is he that old chap who was obsessed with Rambaldi and then all of a sudden turned out to be a good guy? He founded that organization Omnifam? Right Julia?” The name Rambaldi will forever haunt Sydney. It’s the one name in the world she wished she would never hear again. It seems like Rambaldi is running her life. “Jules?”

“Wait, what?” Sark asks. He follows them into Sydney’s office. Simon takes a look at Sark as they both sit in chairs across from Sydney’s desk. “I have been on a little vacation, if you would,” Sark says. Vacation? she questions to herself. Yeah, right, it’s more like being in CIA custody. “I haven’t been around much of anyone, I've been in seclusion so I don’t know what is happening with Sloane.”

“Simon, don’t you have your own mission to get ready for?” Sydney asks looking at the two men across from her.

“I do, but I was thinking I could sit in on your little meeting,” Simon replies, the cockiness coming through his accent just like it does with Sark. They had the same personality and everything. That was the first thing she thought when she met Simon.

“Listen, Simon, you are leaving now,” she remarks. She sighs when Simon makes no attempt to get up. She gets up and walks over to where Simon was sitting and pulls him out of the chair by his ear. Sark smirks as they walk into the hallway. “Simon, don’t start with this felgercarb.”

“Jules, I don’t trust this guy,” Simon’s voice could be heard.

“Simon, I am an assassin. I don’t need you taking care of me. And if I have to say this one more time, Simon, you are going back to your apartment alone. When we are in the work place, our relationship is professional. Out of the office, it is a different story. I will not have this conversation with you again. Say, why don’t you go and visit one of your little girlfriends for the night? I'm sure me and Sark have a lot of work to do and we are going to be leaving shortly anyway.”

Sark shifts in his seat, taking a look at his surroundings. There was nothing personal on the walls, but a few watercolors and professional black and white photographs. He takes a look at Sydney as she takes a seat at her desk. “You really dating that jackass?”

“Listen, Mr. Sark, we are here for a job, nothing more.”

“Tell me about Arvin Sloane.” She inwardly sighs as she turns around and grabs a magazine off a table from behind her. She turns and plops it on the desk in front of Sark. He takes it gingerly. She couldn’t even believe that Sloane was supposedly a good guy now, a philanthropist if you will. That thought made her want to yak.

“They are calling him a philanthropist, but I can't believe it.”

“So have you ever had the luxury of working with Sloane?”

“No, but I knew of him, who hasn’t. He was wanted by the CIA for being head of the Alliance division SD-6. I had an unhealthy meeting with someone who Sloane called a surrogate daughter.”
“And who was that?” Sark asks. “If you don’t mind me asking.”

“A Sydney Bristow. You know her? She mentioned your name,” Sydney says leaning back and watching Sark. If he was on to her, this was a sure fire way to get him off thinking that she really was Sydney.

“Sydney Bristow is dead?” he asks, a painful expression flashing across his face.

“For all intents purposes, yes.”

“Ah,” Sark says nodding, “so that’s why Agent Wrinkles stopped coming by. He lost his precious Sydney. Her father came to see me and nearly took my head off because he thought that I had something to do with her disappearance.”

She smiles, while trying not to burst out laughing at Sark’s name for Vaughn. “Agent Wrinkles?” Sydney asks.

“Yes, Agent Michael Vaughn. He was her handler at the CIA when she was a double agent for SD-6. Arvin Sloane killed her fiancé about 3 years ago. That’s how she learned the truth about SD-6. Before you mentioned Irina Derevko. Have you met her before?” he watches as she shakes her head.

“No, but I have heard of her. She was KGB, sent to America to steal secrets from a CIA agent, Jack Bristow. They had a daughter, Sydney. When Sydney was a child, the KGB extracted her. She didn’t resurface until about two and a half years ago. She was simply known as “The Man”. And then it all came out, Irina Derevko was “The Man”. Then about a year ago, she disappeared after leading the CIA to Mexico where Arvin Sloane was hiding. You were her top agent.”

Sark nods. “Very good. Irina sent me to make a deal with Sloane. She wanted me to take down Sloane and keep an eye on Sydney and Jack. As much as Sydney didn’t think so, Irina loved her daughter very much. She wanted me to make sure that Sloane never found out of their double agent status. I was to divert Sloane’s attention from the two of them. I don’t know how he found out about their double agent status, but it wasn’t from me. I had a lot of admiration for Sydney and Jack’s work, for what they did day after day. Having to sit across from Sloane and make it look like she didn’t know the truth about everything. I also admired how she just didn’t jump across the conference room and kill him, put a bullet in his head. But she had so much compassion for some people, even after everything she has seen and done. She has this innocence about her, like she hasn’t been working for a terrorist organization, but I guess that is what happens when you don’t know until it’s too late,” Sark shrugs his shoulders. Sydney was trying not to cry at his revelation about her.

Sark has a heart? Something she never thought he had. “It sounds like you were in love with her. Were you two close? Or at least get close when you were keeping an eye on her?”

“In love?” Sark repeats. “I haven’t really thought about it. Maybe, on some level, because she was my equal in everyway. We were never close and she despised me, cause I was everything that she hated. I loved to aggravate her so much. I never got the chance to tell her any of this, but I don’t think she would have reciprocated the feelings anyway. I eventually would love to get married and start a family. Get out of this life.”

Sydney nods. “I would agree with you, Mr. Sark, but I just don’t see the point of getting out. Once your in this life, your in this life for good.” She returns to the file in front of her, going over the mission. Great, the two of us are going to be going as a married couple, can this day get any worse? she asks herself.

“May I inquire about Allison Doren?” Sark’s voice interrupts her thoughts. I just had to open my mouth, didn’t I? She looks up at Sark, who sat there still and quiet waiting for her to say something. When she doesn’t, he plows ahead. “She was sent to capture Ms. Bristow, and bring her back to Sloane. Apparently Sloane had a plan for Sydney that involves Rambaldi. I am sick and tired of that man, but that is for another day. She was supposed to deliver Sydney to Sloane but Allison never showed up. I was just wondering what happened to her?” Sydney looks back down at the file in front of her and takes a deep breath. “Ms. Thorne?”

She takes a look at her arch nemesis, who basically just confessed his love for her and sighs. “Listen, Mr. Sark, I had my orders and they were for Sydney Bristow, not Allison Doren. I don’t know what came of her after I left the fight scene. But she might not have survived; Sydney pumped some bullets into her. My employers might know something, you should ask them, not me.”

“Who McKenas Cole? That guy is an arrogant ass. He used to work for Irina, and I hated him then too. And besides, I have.”

“Yes, he is an arrogant ass, but that is besides the point. So what did my employers say?” Sydney asks glad for the interruption from having to figure out how they were going to do this mission and not so glad because she had to figure out how they were going to do this mission.

“He had no idea, like that’s a shock. He probably knows, he just can't tell me. Or maybe he really doesn’t know. Maybe the CIA took her and they have her.”

“Well, then, there is your answer,” Sydney says dropping her eyes back to the file in front of her.

I tend not to like Sarkney fics but since this is different since it is during the two years she was Julia. Syd is really different though, very aggressive towards everyone. I guess I would be too if my life had been taken away from me. I can't wait for you to continue!

thank you guys so much, that means a lot to me. i am not at home right now, babysitting my neices and nephew. but when i get back home, i will be sure to update the story. i was really nervous posting because i had never posted anything before but i am really glad that i got positive feedback.

This is really good!

Can I please have a PM?

You were talking about plot holes, but I don't know if this is a plot hole, or I might be missing something.

Shouldn't Sark recognize Sydney?

:smiley:

Disclaimer: Look at first chapter, but if you didnt see it, well, i of course dont own any of the characters but if i did... then i wouldnt be sitting on my broke ass.

Like i said if there are any plot holes the size of Paris Hilton's ego, please tell me.

Two Years
Chapter 2

The two returned back to Rome a few days later, the information on two separate disks in her bag. One for the Covenant, another for the CIA. On this trip, Sark had surprised her in more ways than one. The first surprise was on the plane, when she had fallen asleep and woken up an hour before they were supposed to land. She had sat up, picking up a folder that was on the table in front of her, thinking that it was hers. Opening it, she found all sorts of sketches, the top being of her sleeping, curled up on the seat. She found one of her mother in there, perfectly captured. Irina had been sitting at a desk, head down working hard on something. A look of pure concentration, a look she herself had seen when Irina was in CIA custody. Another of Sloane back in his SD-6 days, Dixon and Marshall were also in there. She never knew Sark could sketch.

Sark had been watching as she looked through his sketches and caught her off guard when he suddenly had a coughing fit. She nearly jumped five feet in the air, scattering papers everywhere. Sark had a nice laugh about that, as it rounded off to another coughing fit.

Surprise number 2 was when they were in their hotel room, after arriving from Rome. Sark had gone straight to bed mumbling something about being tired and not feeling well. She had gone down to the pool for a few laps and come back up, tired as well. Once back in the room, she heard Sark murmuring in his sleep, something about Sydney coming to his lips followed by an I love you, which shocked her to no end. She didn’t know what to do, but head back into her room, hoping that he hadn’t known she was standing there. And frankly, she hadn’t gotten much sleep that night. She just kept tossing and turning, hoping for sleep to come, wanting to get away from the weirdness that was her life and away from Sark for just a little while.

Surprise number 3 had been at the party they had to attend, pretending to be a married couple from England. They had to do the whole mingling thing before they had to duck out to retrieve, a Rambaldi artifact, what the hell is with this man? She had breathed to Sark, pissed that she couldn’t understand what all the hype was about. But after arguing and almost taking out her gun and shooting the woman that had been all over Sark, he had come over to her without a word and pulled her onto the dance floor. She was stunned for a few minutes, but then her composure fell to something of shocked because she realized he could dance very well. Her mother had definitely trained him very well.

===================================================================

Sark was hanging off of Sydney as they make their way into her apartment. She stops as another coughing fit brings her back into reality and out of her semi-daydream. Ever since they had left Rome the first time, he had been complaining of not feeling well. Sydney had never seen him like this before. He had always been so kept together. But he was human after all. She drags him into the apartment fully and just waves her hand at the bellhop that accompanied her. He places her suitcase and his in front of the couch and walks out with a slight nod, closing the door behind him.

She drags him through the rest of the well-furnished apartment and into her bedroom, where things were much different. She gently lays Sark down on her bed and covers him with the blankets, hoping that whatever he had was just a cold and nothing more. She takes a look at Sark as he burrows further into the blankets, curling up in a fetal type position. She had never seen him look so young as he did at that moment. She knew he was younger than her after seeing his bio at the CIA. Speaking of which, she was supposed to make a dead drop with her copy of the information.

She turns so she could grab some jogging clothes out of her dresser and heads into the bathroom so she could change. As she walks back into the bedroom, pulling her hair into a ponytail, she hears Sark mumbling something. “Sark?” she asks, her first words spoken since the plane ride.

“Sydney, Sydney,” he says.

She didn’t know what to do. “No, Mr. Sark, I'm Julia,” she remarks, hoping that would snap him back to reality.

“Sydney, I have to tell you something,” he says. Sydney places her hand onto his forehead to feel if he was warm or not. Yes, he was warm he must have caught something. The desperation in his voice makes her slip back to being Sydney Bristow once more.

“Sark, its Sydney. What is it?” she asks.

“I want to apologize for Will and Francie. I'm sorry, so sorry. So sorry,” he says repeating this last line over and over again. Her eyes go wide as the realization that for the first time Sark is being a real person with feelings. And that this was the first time that he apologized for what he did to her two best friends.

While running through the park, Sydney sees her target and runs into him, while slipping the disk into his pocket. He says something nasty in Italian that makes her smirk and keep on running, heading back to her apartment. They’ve done this dance before, and it gets easier and easier every time. She gets back to the building and then heads up to the apartment, surprised to see Sark up and walking around, looking haggard and worse for wear.

“What are you doing up, Mr. Sark?” Sydney asks harshly, hoping that Sydney didn’t come through.

“I have to head to the office. We have to turn in our reports,” he says hurriedly.

“We emailed them on the plane before we touched down. Don’t you remember?”

He gives her a blank look and then realization dawns on him. “Oh, right,” he remarks.

“Come on, Mr. Sark, let’s get you back in bed,” she says leading him by the arm slowly back to her bedroom.

“You know, if I had a quarter every time a girl said that to me, I'd be a rich man,” he says drowsily. He lays down himself this time and Sydney covers him with the blankets, never having seen him look this unguarded before. She goes to walk away, but his hand reaches out to grab hers. She turns to look at him. “Stay with me, just for a little while.”

“I should head into the office to drop the disk off,” Sydney says, hoping that he would just drop the subject.

“Just until I fall asleep,” he says. She crosses the room and takes a seat on the other side of her bed. She grabs a book that was on the bed stand next to her and opens it. She peers over the page a few seconds later to see Sark fast asleep.

A few weeks later, things started to change between the two of them. Sydney stopped sleeping with Simon, who was none too pleased with the new developments. The Covenant was sending Sydney and Sark on more operations together saying they made a good team. She knew it was true, because they did make a good team.

It happened on a mission they were sent on. They were supposed to be engaged and once again attend a boring party. They slipped out at the right time and were back before anyone else knew that they had skipped out. Sark was carrying the disk of information in his pocket inside the suit jacket he wore. As they entered the ballroom, Sark pulled her into his arms and swept her onto the dance floor. They made it look like they were both in love, and really she felt it but she didn’t know if Sark did or not. It was nearing Christmas time, so the ballroom was one big winter wonderland, but being from Los Angeles she didn’t get to see snow every winter.

A woman taps Sark on the shoulder, which made him tear his gaze from Sydney’s to turn and look at her. The woman points to something on the ceiling and they both take a look at what she was pointing at: mistletoe. Sydney watches as Sark smirks. She doesn’t waste any time, by putting her hand on the back of his neck and pulling him to her. There lips meet in a passionate kiss. He places his hands on her hips, pulling her closer to him if that were possible. He breaks the kiss, finally coming up for air, both of them breathing heavy.

“What do you say we get out of here?” he asks.

“Absolutely,” she remarks back, a smile on her face. He takes her hand in his, which shoots heat up her arm. Oh, yeah, she wanted to go back to the hotel and pull him into bed. She was never like this before. It took her and Danny a good six months before they slept together, about 2 years with her and Vaughn, but that was only because he was her handler.

They get back to the hotel about 5 minutes later, both thanking God that their hotel was near where the ball was. He pushes her against their door letting his lips and tongue explore her neck, while slipping the key card into the lock. She pushes the handle down and they both fall to the floor, Sark landing on top of her.

“You okay?” he asks.

“Yeah, I'm fine,” she whispers back.

The two hear someone clear their throat and are immediately off the ground and on guard. They turn to see
Irina Derevko standing in the doorway of the kitchen area. She flicks the light on and Sark sighs.

“Irina, good to see you,” he says with a sigh. He turns to “Julia” who was just standing there, looking wide eyed at Irina. “Julia, this is Irina Derevko. Irina, Julia Thorne.”

“Mom?” she squeaks out.

“Sydney,” she says. Sark looks between the two as Sydney rushes across the room, throwing herself into her mother’s arm, tears cascading down both of their faces.

“Mom,” Sydney says burying her face in her mother’s neck. “I missed you so much. I didn’t know what to do, I was so scared.”

“Its all right. You are alive that is all that matters,” she remarks.

“Sydney?” the word came from Sark who was still standing inside the door watching the scene unfold. The two women turn to look at Sark.

“Hey,” she says turning to him.

“How? What? The Covenant brainwashed you. How are you still you? I watched the tapes of you being brainwashed, I don’t get it,” he says looking her in the eyes.

“I will explain everything to you two. I just want to get changed. I will be right out,” Sydney says exiting the room.

first! found your fic and decided it was yay. so hmm . . . i wonder what whether syd is with sark as syd or as julia? something to think about. does syd waking up and not remembering happen? i wanna kno. but to tell you the truth i dont want it to happen. id rather have syd n sark. ok. pm please and happy new year

i love your story
even though it is sarkney
i have decided that if sydney can't have vaughn or 'Agent Wrinkles'
then she should be with sark
can i have a pm when you update please???

disclaimer is in first chapter, but as you know i dont own of the characters to which i am writing...

Two Years
Chapter Three

“It all started about a year ago, after my fight with Allison Doren. These men came into my apartment, the place was wrecked due to the fight between the two of us,” she starts off once back from changing. She was sitting on the couch, Sark on the chair with a glass of red wine, her mother sitting on the other end of the couch. Her blond hair was pulled back into a ponytail; she was in a t-shirt and sweatpants. “Me and Vaughn were supposed to go to Santa Barbara for the weekend. He had to head in to the CIA so he dropped me off at the apartment. I sat on the sofa next to Francie and was checking my messages. I got one from Will, and he was babbling about finding drugs in the bathroom. Drugs that weren’t mine and weren’t his.”

“The drugs you are supposed to take after going through the Helix protocol,” Sark interjects.

Sydney nods. “Hell pursued after that. We fought; I shot her a couple of times and passed out from sheer exhaustion. It was days later when I woke up, strapped onto a gurney in the back of the van. He injected me with a neurotoxin, so I couldn’t move or cry out. I watched as Vaughn scattered my ashes into the sea. Dad, Weiss, Marshall, Dixon, they were all there. That’s when the doctor told me that Sydney Bristow was gone. They brought me to Rome and started brainwashing me. They used everything they could, electroshock, they would give drugs to make me fall asleep and then they would give me something to wake me back up, it was horrible. They would keep me in this room and show me video’s of this little girl who lost her family. This little girl was Julia Thorne.”

She watches as Sark places his glass on the table while leaning forward. “So, how are you not brainwashed?”

Sydney turns to look at Irina, who nods knowing what Sydney wanted. “You’ve heard of Project Christmas? Allison was a Project Christmas child,” Irina says. Sark nods. “Well, Sydney was the first participant for Project Christmas. It was after I left Jack and Sydney. When I learned of Jack putting her through that, I couldn’t believe he would do something like that to his own daughter. Jack hardwired Sydney to stand up to any type of brainwashing. There is no way it could ever be done.”

“Let’s just say that I was 7 years old when this was done on me. When I found out, I was so furious at Dad, that he took away my choices in life. For all he knows, I could have been a Professor, married to Danny and had kids by now. He took away my ability to make my own choices and for that I will never forgive him for. But we have made our way past that,” Sydney remarks, while wiping a few tears away. She then suddenly turns to her mother. “You have to tell me what’s going on. How is Dad doing?”

“He is in jail Sydney,” she says a sad smile on her face.

“But Kendall told me that he was in deep cover,” she remarks and immediately slaps her hand over mouth. How could she just spit that out?

“Sydney Bristow, double agent extraordinaire. Like that’s a shock,” Sark mumbles taking a sip of his wine. “Well, I am just going to say that if I see your father, which I doubt I will, I am going to tell him your alive and well.”

“What does that mean?” Sydney and Irina ask at the same time.

“I am working for your father and the CIA. They sent out that I was being “transferred” so that it would give the Covenant a good time to extract me. I was to come and find you and extract you. I was pardoned by the Unites States government.”

“How?” Sydney asks.

“I brought them some dirt on Arvin Sloane. I knew he really wasn’t out of the game. Omnifam is a front for something bigger. I was working for the Covenant before they brought me to you Sydney. I did some digging for the CIA and found dirt on Sloane. Which means he is in violation of his pardon agreement. They had to verify my information, but I have no doubt that he is going to get the lethal injection once they verify my Intel. So, what’s your deal Irina? Or are you still solo?”

“No I am still working for myself, that is all you need to know. Your father and me were working together to find you and bring you back. In one of your father’s last emails to me, he told me that some NSA guy Lindsey was onto him. At least, Jack thought that he was onto him. He gave me all of his Intel that we had gathered on you and told me that if he didn’t hear from me for a while, that he was probably in jail. I went over everything we had and finally I found a clue. So, I sent out an add in the London Globe, that is how we made contact. I never got a response. I put another add out and still nothing. So I do believe that he just might be in jail. If only there was a way we could get him out of there. There is no physical evidence that we were working together. This Lindsey guy is on a wild goose chase. From what Jack told me, this guy is a jackass.”

=================================================================

Sydney and Sark are still sitting in the same spots as before. Irina has left long ago, saying that she would be in contact soon. Sydney wants out and Sark just sits and watches as mother and daughter figure out a way to get her out of the Covenant.

“Sark, I just wanted to…”

“No, I don’t want to hear it,” he says with a snarl.

“But…” she starts again.

“No, you let me believe you were somebody else. You let me believe that Sydney Bristow was dead and that you were Julia Thorne.”

“I had to. Do you know what they would do to me if they found out that their brainwashing didn’t work? I would be dead right now if I didn’t go along with their little plan for me. As soon as I gained their trust, I went to the only place I could think of. I went back to the CIA. It had been 9 months since I had seen a friendly face. After I talked to Kendall, I had to see Vaughn. And you know what I saw? He was with someone else. I don’t know who she was, but she was blond. Do you know how much that hurt me? In 9 months, Vaughn moved on.”

“Her name is Lauren Reed and she is NSA. I had quite the pleasure of her company during my pardon. He walked in during a meeting of ours and she called him Michael. So I assumed that they were an item. I'm sorry, Sydney,” he remarks getting out of the chair. He starts walking into the other room.

Sydney stands up abruptly. “Do you really love me Sark?” she asks timidly.

He stops and turns to look at her. “What ever gave you the idea that I love you?”

“You,” she remarks looking him straight in the eyes. “During our first mission at the hotel, you went straight to bed claiming that you weren’t feeling well. I went down to the pool and took a few laps. And then I went then back up to the room and you were talking in your sleep. I heard my name and then I heard you mutter I love you. I brought you back to my apartment when we got back from the mission because you had a fever. When you were sleeping you kept calling for Sydney. I didn’t know what to do, but I knew I had to do something. So Sydney came out for just a minute and you kept telling me sorry for what you did to Will and Francie. It was the first time I heard anything regretful come out of your mouth. So, was it all just a little play for me Sark?”

“I don’t know anymore Sydney,” he says as he watches tears start to form in her eyes. He then heads into the other room, leaving Sydney standing there with nothing but her years.

=================================================================

A couple of weeks after returning from the mission, Sydney and Sark went their separate ways. But to a surprised Sark, who thought Sydney would rush back into Simon Walker’s open arms, she didn’t. But Sark did get a mouthful from Cole, who was pissed enough because most of “Julia’s” missions had been botched somehow. CIA counter-missions, Sark thought to himself after hearing that. And after getting that lecture from Cole, Sark wished that Cole would fall off a building or something. Not really caring for the guy at all. He could just imagine all the ways he could kill Cole.

A week went by and no word from Sydney or Cole for that matter and he was getting worried. A knock sounds at his office door and Sark murmurs a come in to whoever was on the other side. “Mr. Sark,” comes Cole’s voice as he pokes his head into the door.

“Mr. Cole,” Sark says as he stops typing on the laptop that was in front of him. “What can I do for you?”

“Well, you can start by telling me where Julia Thorne is.”

“Um, I don’t know. The last time I saw her was the last mission we went on. Have you tried Simon Walker? He might know where she is.”

“I have. He hasn’t seen her since she stopped sleeping with him. Tell you what, Sark. I will give you the rest of the day off and you strut on over to her place and bring her back with you. Or at least call me and tell me where she’s been.”

“For your information Cole, I don’t strut,” he says getting up. He shuts his laptop and removes a wallet and a set of keys from the top desk drawer. “So, if you’ll excuse me, I have an assassin to find.” He walks past Cole and out the door.

==================================================================

Sometime later, Sark gets to Sydney’s apartment, surprised to find newspapers stacking up against her door. He picks them up and enters the apartment, not quite ready to call out for her yet, not sure if he should. He closes the door and sweeps the room, noticing an empty bottle of tequila laying sideways on the coffee table. The place was a mess, not because she had a fight, but it looked like she had thrown things around the place. Sark places the paper’s on the couch and proceeds into the kitchen where, surprise, he finds more empty alcohol bottles.

He continues through the kitchen and down the hallway to Sydney’s bedroom. He pushes the door open with his foot, careful to hide not sure if she was awake with a gun or whatnot. When no sound is heard he peers into the room to see Sydney lying on the bed, more alcohol bottles littered the floor. “What have you done Sydney?” he asks himself, walking over to the bed. Sark places a hand onto her forehead to see if she was warm when an arm shoots out. He reacts quickly, a trait he always prided himself on, grabbing her wrist and pinning it to the bed. She sits up quickly and for the first time he notices how truly awful she looks.

Her hair was sticking out in every direction, it was greasy, she smelled funny like she hadn’t showered in days and her eyes were bloodshot. She takes a minute to look at Sark, looking him over. “What are you doing here Sark?” she asks spitting the words out. Sark takes a step back, her breath smelt really bad too.

“Cole sent me over here to find out where you’ve been, but from the looks of it, you’ve been drinking yourself to death. Is it safe to talk here?” he asks taking a look around the room.

“Yes, I have bug killers in here. Why is Cole suddenly interested in me? He never cared for my well being before now, what changed?”

“I don’t know. What are you doing to yourself Sydney? Is this about what happened after our last mission?”
Sydney lies back down, grabbing a half full tequila bottle off her bedside table. “You know, not everything is about you Sark.”

Surprise covers her face as Sark yanks the bottle from her hand, turning on his heel and walking into the kitchen. “Sydney, you are better than this,” he remarks turning to look at her as he pours the rest of the bottle down the kitchen sink. “Much better than this. The Sydney Bristow I know would never do this to herself if something got in her way. She is a strong and courageous woman. A woman who is my equal in everyway. Sydney, just because we had an agreement, doesn’t mean you can take your life by drinking yourself to death.”

Sydney takes another tequila bottle out of a cupboard. Uncapping it, she says, “Like I said Sark, not everything is about you. Hey!” she cries when Sark takes the bottle from her and pours it down the sink.

“All right Sydney, I can't see you like this. I want you to go take a shower and gets changed because you smell disgusting, then you are to brush your teeth because your breath smells even worse and then we are going to talk.” She keeps staring at him and doesn’t make a move to leave the room. “Go now, Sydney.”

Sydney rolls her eyes and walks out of the room. She emerges from the bathroom, looking fresh and better than Sark remembers seeing her in a long while. She was wearing a pair of black slacks and a white button down shirt. Sark looks up at her as he was throwing the last of the alcohol bottles away. “I feel much better,” she says tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Something that reminded Sark of her mother.

“Well, you look much better. Now, without trying to kill me you want to tell me why you were trying to drink yourself to death?”

She holds her hand out to Sark. “Let’s take a walk.”

well this could get interesting
poor syd, nothing seems to be going right
love sark coming to sober her up and help her out
i wonder what the 'talk' is going to reveal
can't wait for more
thanks for the pm

that was an interesting chapter- i like the sydney and sark interaction, its not all fake...it seems so much more real. thanks for hte pms

Carolyn

Two Years
Chapter Four

The two head to a park that was located a block from her apartment. It was getting dark out, so they had the park to themselves. “Want to explain why we are having this conversation in the middle of the open? Where people can hear, especially our current employers?” he asks, as their hands are still clasped together.

“I have a bug killer on me if anybody is listening. I just needed to get out of the apartment. A few days after our last mission, I contact my mother, just to see how things were coming along on her end. We chatted for a few moments before I asked if she had heard anything about dad. She then suddenly got really quite,” she stops the sentence abruptly. Sark turns and takes a look at her.

“Sydney?” he questions. He silently watches as she wipes tears from her eyes. “Is it your dad?” he asks.

She shakes her head. “No, mom has someone in the CIA as her source, but she wouldn’t tell me who. Her source told her that dad is in jail, solitary confinement. And she also told me something else, she told me that, uh…”

“She told you what, Sydney?” Sark asks. He stops the two of them and faces her, seeing the look of sadness wash over her features. He is a bit surprised for a moment when Sydney wraps her arms around him while burying her face into his neck. He wraps his arms around her, running them up and down his back in a soothing way. “Sydney?”

“He got engaged. Vaughn’s engaged,” she whispers so quietly that he almost didn’t hear.

“I'm sorry, Sydney, I know how much you cared for him. You know your father would very well end up killing Mr. Vaughn. Just think about that.”

He hears Sydney chuckle and immediately felt Sydney’s warm breathe on his neck. He pulls back from the hug and takes Sydney’s face in his hands, wiping the tears away with his thumbs. “I'm sorry I broke down like that,” she says, avoiding his gaze.

“Never apologize about something like that. Everyone deserves a good cry every once in a while. I mean you just found out that your ex-boyfriend just got engaged. You deserve to have a good cry,” he remarks. “Come on,” he says taking her hand into his and leading her through the rest of the park.

“Sark, where are we going?” she asks. “Sark, where are we?”

“Will you calm down, Jules,” he says as they walk into the lobby of a richly decorated building.

“Ah, Mr. Lazarey,” a thickly accented Italian man says from where he was standing talking to a woman. Sark briefly nods at the man as the two continue to walk through the lobby. As they enter the elevator, Sark pulls a key out of his pocket and puts it into the lock and then hits the penthouse floor. As the elevator arrives, Sydney gasps as she steps into the living room of the richly decorated apartment.

“Is this your apartment?” she asks in awe, as she looks around. She starts tapping Sark on the hand in morse code asking if the coast was clear so that they could talk.

“Yes and yes to both accounts. I have countermeasures, don’t worry,” he remarks.

“I'm sorry about what you walked into today. I just didn’t know what to do, I mean, its not like I could go to my mother about this. And you weren’t talking to me, so I did the only thing I could to take this off my mind, drink. I went to Simon, but he wasn’t interested, I mean he was but when I was kissing him it felt so wrong. It’s only been about 15 months and he is already engaged. I cried so much that I didn’t think I had anymore tears left, but then I would see something that would remind me of him and I would cry more. Things aren’t working out for me lately and I just…” she gets cut off as Sark pulls her to him and crashes his lips down on hers, effectively stopping her rant. Sydney then wraps her arms around his neck deepening the kiss. He slips his tongue into her mouth and it tangos with hers. She pulls back a minute later, a smile on her lips and breathing hard. “That is what feels right.” An idea pops into her head as she walks back over to Sark. “Okay, I want you to close your eyes.”

“You’re not going to try and kill me, are you?” he asks regarding her. She shakes her head with a smile on her face. Sark obliges and closes his eyes. Sydney waves her hand in front of his face just to make sure he wasn’t peeking. After a while of standing there with his eyes closed, Sark carefully listens for any sound. “Sydney?” he asks, there was no sound. “Okay, I am going to open my eyes, don’t shoot.” He opens to his eyes, surprised to find Sydney not standing in front of him like she was before. He then notices a boot where she had been standing. He grins as he notices a sock just past the doorway into the hallway. He himself shreds his jacket onto the couch, following Sydney’s lead. He releases his tie and drops it to the floor along with Sydney’s sock.

He spots Sydney’s other boot down the hall and removes his own shoes along the hallway. On the other end of the hallway, he notices Sydney’s pants on the banister; his socks go on the way up the stairs. His pants them come off at the top of the stairs. His smile widens as he notices Sydney’s shirt hanging from a doorknob halfway down that hall. He shrugs out of his shirt and lets it drop to the floor, taking Sydney’s shirt and letting fall through his fingers to the floor as well. He opens the door to see Sydney in a haze from the lit candles all around the room. She was standing there and he couldn’t imagine a more beautiful sight than right at that moment. She watches as he looks her up and down.

“You like?” she asks.

Sark nods. “Definitely a beautiful sight,” he remarks walking over to her. “Pity though, that I didn’t get to undress you myself. I would have enjoyed that very much,” he says bringing a hand to lightly trace around her stomach. “What’s this?” he asks tracing a scar he had never seen before.

“The Covenant did something to me, I don’t know what. They drugged me up a lot, I don’t remember.”

Sark presses his lips to hers in a wildly passionate kiss, while pushing her towards the bed. Once lying on the bed, he drags his lips down her jaw and neck, finding a pulse point that made Sydney shudder and arch her back. He smiles, as he leaves light kisses along her shoulder and down to her breast while was still covered with her bra. He pulls them both up and unsnaps her bra one handed. “Surprised?” he asks quietly.

“You might want to call Casanova and tell him your stealing his moves,” she jokes. She giggles when a look of surprise crosses his face. He then pushes Sydney on the bed, trapping her hands above her head and capturing her lips with his once again.

==================================================================

The next morning, Sark was the first to wake due to the incessant ringing of the phone next to his ear. The sunlight was shining through the windows and he reaches over to grab the phone. “Yes?” he asks grumpily, not happy with the fact that he had just been woken up. He listens for a moment on the other end, with a frown he replies, “Send him up.” He puts the receiver back onto the hook and looks at still sleeping Sydney. She had her head on his chest, an arm draped over his stomach.

“Who was that?” she says sleepily, not moving from her spot.

“The front desk. I have someone coming to speak with me about something. Don’t move from this spot, I will be back before you know it,” he says getting out of bed. She smiles when she realizes that he was still completely bare ass. Sydney settles into the bed, eyes following Sark as he looks through his dresser, pulling out a pair of boxers, tan khaki’s and a light blue button down shirt. She watches as he sits on the bed next to her, pulling her to him and giving her a kiss that made her dizzy. If she had been standing, she would have definitely fallen to a heap on the floor.

“Don’t start something you can't finish,” she remarks as they break the kiss.

“Oh, I can finish, but not right now. I have a visitor waiting for me downstairs. I will be back soon, love,” he says getting up and walking out of the door.

An hour later, she was still lying in bed. A shower would be nice, she thought to herself as she looked around the room. She gets up, quickly walking across the room and opening a door that was probably the bathroom. She opens the door and her eyes go wide with surprise looking around the bathroom, which was all done in marble. There was a shower in the corner and a big, Jacuzzi tub in the middle. It looked more like a hot tub than anything else. Grabbing a towel, she wraps it around herself and heads out of the bathroom, hoping that Julian and company were busy doing something in his office.

After taking the route that she left for Julian last night with her clothes, she was stumped to find that, well, she couldn’t find any of them. She didn’t want to bother Julian’s meeting, but she couldn’t take a shower without putting something on. Once down the stairs, she could hear voices coming from the living room, Sark and Simon Walker. She peeks around the corner of the living room and sure enough the two were sitting on either couch. Julian was sitting on the couch with his back to her, while Simon was sitting on the couch with his face to her. Simon looks up, eyes wide as he sees her. “Well, looks like we got some company mate.”

Julian turns to look at her. “Jules, I told you to stay in bed.”

Sydney walks into the room, towel firmly wrapped around her body. “I'm sorry Sark,” she says in a seductive tone, “but I really wanted to take a shower and well I couldn’t find any of my clothes. They were just everywhere last night. I know you told me to wait for you, but I just couldn’t.”

Sark watches as he sees Simon’s gaze trail over Sydney’s body. Now, he was never a jealous man, but watching Simon he felt the need to take out his gun and shoot him on the spot, but he knew he couldn’t do it. “Right, well, I sent your clothes out for dry cleaning. I hope you don’t mind, but for now I'm sure that I could lend you something of mine. Feel free to go through my closet and drawers for something. Or if you want I could have someone go out and pick out an outfit for you.”

“No, that’s okay. I'm sure that I could find something in your closet. I actually might take a bath, so if you are finished with this little meeting soon, join me.”

“Sure, love,” Sark remarks getting up and giving her a kiss. She smiles walking out the door, knowing she made Simon uncomfortable with their little banter. Simon had been so furious when she decided to stop sleeping with him.

It was about four months later when Sydney was sitting in her apartment when there was a knock at the door. She places her glass of water on the coffee table as well as her book. It was unusual for her to be to at her apartment, but since Sark was on a mission with Simon she decided to head back to her place. Since she started sleeping with Sark she was hardly at her place, choosing to spend nights with him at his. They had probably spent a total of two nights at hers since it was closer to headquarters than his.

She pulls her door open only to see her mother standing there in auburn colored wig, glasses, a gray suit and black boots them came up to her knees. Sydney ushers her into her apartment, closing the door behind them. “Is it safe?” she asks.

“Yeah, I got bug killers all around the house,” Sydney says sitting back on the couch. “What are you doing here mom? Its not safe for you to contact me especially where there are cameras.”

“I looped the cameras, so you don’t have to worry sweetie. Where’s Sark?” Irina asks taking a look around Sydney’s apartment. “I figured that he would be here and you would at least be at his place.”

“He is on an operation with Simon Walker. I have nothing to do and I just thought that I would finish reading my book. So, what are you doing here?”

“Did you do the things that I asked you to do?” she asks, sitting on the other end of the couch.

Sydney nods. “Yeah, uh, its all in the fridge.” She watches as her mother gets off the couch and ventures into the kitchen. She hears the fridge open and close. A second later, Irina was standing in the doorway. “What?”

“What do you mean? I contacted you a month ago. That’s all that you have? You should have been able to get more.”

Sydney takes a deep breath. “Mom, I found something out two weeks ago.”

Back